Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 FIBA World Championships (Turkey) - Draw (Feb. 15th 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 FIBA World Championships (Turkey) - Draw (Feb. 15th 2009)

Although Iran lost out on a spot for the 2010 WC in South Africa, they will still be showcasing in the 2010 FIBA World Championships as Asian Champions. While this event doesn't have the magnitude of the FIFA World Cup, its better than nothing (in 2006 I resorted to this tournament since Greece didn't make the WC), it should be a fun tournament, in a nice country, with a bunch of great squads..and the draw happens tomorrow!
    The teams are divided into 4 groups of 6, here are the seedings:
    Line One: USA, Spain, Argentina, Greece
    Line Two: Serbia, Slovenia, France, Turkey
    Line Three: Brazil, Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia
    Line Four: Croatia, Russia, Lithuania, Germany
    Line Five: New Zealand, China, Iran, Angola
    Line Six: Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Ivory Coast
    The top four teams in the group advance to the round of 16, and by the looks of it there will be no easy group, each team in line one is very capable of beating the remaining teams in the tournament and the talent is widely distributed
    Tomorrow, well find out what the groups are (and i wonder what kind of team USA will send)
    Attached Files
    Go Cows!

hey demis, are u greek?

Comment

^^^
      well yes i am lol

Iran will beat any team from the sixth spot and hopefully can get an easier draw, it only takes 2 wins to advance to the next round
      Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
        ^^^
        well yes i am lol
        Iran will beat any team from the sixth spot and hopefully can get an easier draw, it only takes 2 wins to advance to the next round
        so what made u come on persian football forum? i have many greek friends! they are mainly cool people!

Comment

had a persian friend who had an account here and i made one years ago, like the crowd and the discussions so i stayed lol

back on topic, superstars like Lebron, Wade, Howard, Bosh, etc. are still unsure if they will compete in the tournament, perhaps guys like Durant, Horford and some others will take place
          Go Cows!

Comment

i think it'll be good for haddadi if we get US....looks like his team is not letting him play much so it'll be a chance for him to show them what they're missing out on by having a good game against US.......although i am afraid of an embarrasement of 40+ points

i'll be happy if we could win a game or two, im not expecting much cuz other than haddadi, bahrami and kamrani, the rest of team is not really consistant

i hope arsalan kazemi would join too, so far he's been on the U-19 squad but i think he's ready for the senior side....we need an aggressive player like him

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              i think it'll be good for haddadi if we get US....looks like his team is not letting him play much so it'll be a chance for him to show them what they're missing out on by having a good game against US.......although i am afraid of an embarrasement of 40+ points
              he played 7 minutes last night, i think they bring him very slowly, i think it good for him!

Comment

is it going to be televised here in U.S. u think?? **the drawing of the groups btw**

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
                  is it going to be televised here in U.S. u think?? **the drawing of the groups btw**
                  Aljazeera Sport 1 will broadcast it,
                  http://www.aljazeerasport.net/schedu...137185677.html

قرعة بطولة العالم لكرة السلة - تركيا 2010 - أستوديو مباشر 12:00 09:00

you must find their live stream.

Comment

So what is the group guys? is it done yet? I guess as long as we don't get USA, we should at least be competitive with most other teams in the pots.
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/ce/pages/...enNodeIDs=8957

draw is at 11:30am (CET) and my only bet would be atdhe.net for live coverage
                      Go Cows!

Comment

^tanx Demis.
                        sigpic
                        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

i'll be happy if we could win a game or two, im not expecting much cuz other than haddadi, bahrami and kamrani, the rest of team is not really consistant

i hope arsalan kazemi would join too, so far he's been on the U-19 squad but i think he's ready for the senior side....we need an aggressive player like him
                          Yeah I would love for him to join the main team too! i've actually been telling him to, but he keeps telling me that the ncaa won't let him, he has to sit out of school for a year if he joins the main team, so he'll be joining them as soon as her graduates. This kid could already shine and stand out alongside hadd if he played right now.

Did you see his game against Texas? he was a machine, though he got fouled bad, he made all his shots off dunks.. and he keeps double doubling every other game

Comment

I agree, I would love for him to join the main team too! i've actually been telling him to, but he keeps telling me that the ncaa won't let him, he has to sit out of school for a year if he joins the main team, so he'll be joining them as soon as he graduates. This kid could already shine and stand out alongside hadd if he played right now.

Did you see his game against Texas? he was a machine, though he got fouled bad, All his 12 points came off dunks!.. and he keeps double doubling every other game

Comment

Group B

USA
                              Slovenia
                              Brazil
                              Croatia
                              IRAN
                              Tunisa

Comment

Working...
                              X