No announcement yet.

Holly Shit!! ****!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ The source was named in my posting! Check the link.

I just read the Angolan official had advised all 4 teams playing in Cabinda to come by plane and not by bus. They had also asked all 4 teams to hand out information about the time of their arrival.

The only team not having informed the officials and coming by bus was Togo.

Source: orf.at

Comment

I don't understand the context or the motivation of this action. I mean Angola and Togo aren't even regional neighbours...so what was their beef?? was it just separatists/terrorists looking to get some news space on international media?

Comment

Originally posted by Sraosa View Post
        I don't understand the context or the motivation of this action. I mean Angola and Togo aren't even regional neighbours...so what was their beef?? was it just separatists/terrorists looking to get some news space on international media?
        they want to make an name for themselves, and Togo had to cross that province to get to Angola (they are taking the bus of course, too poor for planes). and they wanted to attack a big name

it was Adebyor and Togo at the time, they will try to attack likes of Drogba, Essien and Eto'o to get more attention

Comment

Togo officially withdrew from the competition.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

http://www.goal.com/en/news/815/afri...-calls-to-stay

this one says they togo will participate in the tournament.
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

martin reza, only 2 ppl died. the reserve keeper is in a bad condition though, and they are trying to save him.

togo have officially left the tournament and are heading back to togo. adebayor said the players r fvcked up mentally after seeing their own friends and teammates getting shot. he said they could see their death

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

RIP...what a tragedy.

It is confirmed that one of the assistant coaches has been added to the death toll.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                  they want to make an name for themselves, and Togo had to cross that province to get to Angola (they are taking the bus of course, too poor for planes). and they wanted to attack a big name
                  it was Adebyor and Togo at the time, they will try to attack likes of Drogba, Essien and Eto'o to get more attention
                  thanks for the info. Yes, I read a bit more into it...seems that Cabinda is an Angolan exclave (surrounded by Congo). The perpetrators were from Cabinda, and looks like they want independence...although that is probably an oversimplification of a complex issue.

The tournament should be cancelled in that case. This was a warning, and if any more players die then the people who made the decision to go ahead will effectively have to be held accountable for keeping the players in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                    martin reza, only 2 ppl died. the reserve keeper is in a bad condition though, and they are trying to save him.
                    togo have officially left the tournament and are heading back to togo. adebayor said the players r fvcked up mentally after seeing their own friends and teammates getting shot. he said they could see their death
                    Yes, fortunately the goalkeeper hasn't died. But he's still in critical condition.

Yet, as said, unfortunately the death toll is at 3 .

And it seems Togo will participate after all.

Comment

Togo have pulled out a shame rip on all those that died

Comment

Working...
                      X