Finally,Robinho set to leave man city what a waste of money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally,Robinho set to leave man city what a waste of money

Robinho has confirmed he is set to leave Manchester City and his appearance against S****horpe United is likely be his last for the club.

The Brazilian attacker has struggled to perform on a consistent basis for City since joining the club from Real Madrid for a British transfer record fee in September 2008.

He now looks to be on his way out of the City of Manchester Stadium after telling a Brazilian radio station that he has been advised by the club that he is likely to be sold.

The appointment of Roberto Mancini as City boss has not helped to improve Robinho's prospects at the club after he missed three months earlier in the season with an ankle injury.

He struggled to win his place back under Mark Hughes and the arrival of Mancini had been tipped to give Robinho a new lease of life at the club.

Though he started Mancini's first game against Stoke City on Boxing Day, he has been largely restricted to a substitute's role.

And, in last week's 2-0 Premier League defeat at Everton, Robinho was introduced as an early replacement for the injured Roque Santa Cruz before being hauled off just after the hour mark.

Not interesting
    Robinho, who turns 26 on Monday, admits that Mancini is unable to guarantee him a regular role in his plans and that is one reason for his imminent departure.

"The coach was very sincere with me and said that I would play every other match," Robinho told Radio Bandeirantes.

"I told him that would not be interesting to me, it's a World Cup year."

The forward has been named in City's starting line-up for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at S****horpe and it appears it will be the final time he will pull on a blue shirt.

Prior to his outing at Glanford Park, Robinho had scored 15 goals in 52 appearances for the club and has regularly been linked with a return to Spain, with European champions Barcelona rumoured to be interested.

Robinho may now rejoin former club Santos on loan, adding: "The financial situation is important, but being happy also counts.

"The directors all agree that it's better to send me out on loan.

"It would be exceptional to return to Santos. Playing for Santos would help me in my path to the World Cup. It is my home, I know everyone."

Robinho also revealed that his friend and compatriot Diego had told him to join him at Juventus, but that he had responded: "Di, I would do better to go fishing. No, I'm going to Brazil."

Wheres the source for this? I wouldn't be too surprised..

However, he's playing right now vs S****horpe.

(btw, check your pm)
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

He was just a mercenary, and not a very good one at that either.

Comment

skysports fam

Comment

Mancini tried to deny it after the FA Cup match.. probably he is leaving to Santos.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

This could have happened to Kaka, but he was smarter then Robinho and choose Real Madrid. Robinho should have stayed at Real, he was performing at his best here.
            The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
            For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
            http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
            http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

robinho is over rated

Comment

Working...
              X