Paraguay's best player, Salvador Cabanas, shot in the head in Mexico City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paraguay's best player, Salvador Cabanas, shot in the head in Mexico City

According to several reports from Mexico, Paraguayan international Salvador Cabanas has been shot in the head after visiting a bar in Mexico City with some of his friends and relatives.

The incident reportedly took place at 5.30 PM local time. Cabanas got involved in a bar-fight which eventually culminated in a shoot-out in the bathroom area of the bar.

The 29-year-old was immediately rushed to Los Angeles hospital by ambulance. It is not yet known how serious the injuries are, but the report suggests that Cabanas' condition is critical and that the Paraguay star is fighting for his life.

According to official information from the attorney general of Mexico City, Miguel Angel Mancera, two people were arrested after the shooting.

Cabanas currently plies his trade at Mexican outfit America and is an integral part of Paraguay's national side.

================================================== ======

He is a fantastic player, He is one of the main reasons Paraguay did so well in WCQ and is undoubtedly their best player

I wish he survives

shot in the head ??? oh my god !
    is he still alive ?!
    lol i can't imagine

Comment

most likely he will be dead lol comon shot in the head think abit
      and roque santa cruz is paraguays best player jheeze

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
        most likely he will be dead lol comon shot in the head think abit
        and roque santa cruz is paraguays best player jheeze
        dude, you're still stuck in early 2000s-tp 2006ish when Santa Cruz was their best player.
        if you watched any of their WCQ games, Cabanas was their attacking engine and their best player. Santa Cruz can't even get a game ahead of Benjani. 18 MIL POUND MY A$$

ps. Death of a great footballer isn't funny at all.

Comment

The 29-year-old Club America striker has died after being shot in the head in a Mexico City bar...

The 29-year-old Club America striker is fighting for his life after doctors failed to remove the bullet inside of his head...

we're getting mixed news, but the chances of him saying alive is very very slim

such a great Player

what a loss for Paraguay just before the WC, 2010 has been a shit year so far

Comment

Was he related to Roberto Cabanas, the Paraguan player from the 80s?
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

goal.com admin just published a message saying, he is fighting his life, he is still alive and not 100% dead, but it takes a miracle for him to survive

please Survive, really looking forward to see him in the WC

Comment

omfg what a f'ing world we live in.
                why the F in the head?! even if he survives, he will be retarded, i mean c'mon.....a bullet in your brain?!?!?!
                no way he can recover to play football again IF HE manages to survive.
                sad news.... F this world!
                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Even if he survives, i don't think he will ever play again.
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

i feel sorry for paraguay.
                    i hope he stay alive.
                    doesn't matter he can play football or not.
                    i just sad for him ! he is just 29 years old and still too young for death

bache ha barash doa konid.

Comment

poor guy..!! was there any drug dealings involve..?
                      or he just pissed off the wrong fker ..!?
                      mexico is really becoming an unsafe place these days..!! with all these drug killings and hostage takings and shittt like that..!! and the fkers had a nerve to call Neku A Butcher for fouling their sissy player...!!
                      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...global&cc=5901
                      a bit more detailed report..!
                      it seems that it was a hit..!! not an accidental quarrel..!!
                      Last edited by BacheLot; 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Horrible news. Who cares if he plays football ever again or not, lets just pray he survives.

Comment

Having a bar fight in one of the deadliest countries in the world probably would end up like this.
                          The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                          For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                          http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                          http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

I hope he survives
                            Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
                            My YouTube Channel

Comment

Don't go to Mexico. Don't go to England. GET IT????

Comment

Working...
                              X