Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club or Country? Soccer World Cup revives old tensions

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/clu...-27?link=kiosk

its an interesting question; why should FIFA make the money when it is the clubs that spend time and money in the players?

also; anyone knows how much the qualifying countries make at the World cup?
    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM.

The discussion would be relevant if the clubs WEREN'T making money but they do. I would like some of it and also all of your gold.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

It's unfair to the clubs

for example, Van Persie got injured in a meaningless friendly game for the national team and is going to miss the rest of the season, while Arsenal have to pay 80k+ wages for him every week. and the Netherland national team isn't held accountable

Comment

but when they sign the contract, they were fully aware that these things can happen.

Comment

yeah i think its bullshit for for big players to be pulled from there clubs for meaningless games.....WCQ or continental cup qualifiers its fine but for friendly games during the season it is ridiculous.

EPL sorted this out with the FA, the FA now compensate clubs for injuries, Arsenal got paid for Walcot injury last season.

This has to be enforced by all FA's, that way they can judge the severity of the games and how desperate they really are for that player

Comment

Working...
          X