Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrara is funally SACKED! YESSS!!!

WELL ITS ABOUT TIME!:

FIFA: Juventus have sacked Ciro Ferrara and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni as coach until the end of the season.

Ferrara's future had long been the source of speculation and uncertainty after the Bianconeri were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League and suffered a drop in form that has all but ruled them out of the race for the Serie A title. The news ends speculation linking Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez with the post, at least in the short term.

A statement from Juventus read: "The Bianconeri club announces it has released Ciro Ferrara as coach and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni, who has signed a contract until June 2010. Zaccheroni will take over the team immediately and will guide this afternoon's training session in Vinovo before being officially unveiled to the media."

Ferrara joined Juve late last season and guided the Turin outfit to second place in Serie A. However, he has endured a difficult spell in his first full campaign at the helm. I Bianconeri have lost five of their last six games in Serie A and have plummeted to sixth in the standings, four points behind Napoli, who hold the last Champions League qualifying spot.

Juve were also eliminated from the Coppa Italia after a 2-1 loss at Inter Milan yesterday. Zaccheroni will take charge of the team for the first time against Lazio on Sunday night. The 56-year-old has plenty of experience in Italy's top flight having managed a number of clubs, although this will be his first experience at Juventus.

Zaccheroni won the Scudetto with AC Milan in 1999 but had been out of a job since being sacked by Torino in February 2007.

Maybe now we can finally get results with a team with so much potential..

please take rafa from liverpool....for god sakes please

Comment

Please take Daei

No they aren't allowed to take him!!

Hm....they should pick Guus Hiddink

Comment

i think juve has suffered enough give us a break lol

Comment

Alberto Maccaroni dobare miad ke eshal bezane be in teama...

Comment

Rafa suit Serie A perfectly. Rafa can't do it in EPL but his thoughts are well suited to Serie A and La Liga (where he won 2 la ligas with Valencia lol)

in EPL you gotta be aggressive, Rafa ain't. I still think he'll walk to Juve in the end of the season if we don't finish in the top 4 or **** up in the EL

Comment

yes! finally...

rafa aint bad but i would like guus hiddink if possible, he would turn my team around

Comment

How can you cheer his sacking? he had to deal with 45 injuries. We were top of the table @ week 7, after week 7 when the injury crisis started, thats when everything went downhill. after week 7, he was never able to field the same 11 2 weeks in a row because we averaged over 2 injuries per-game.

He was a rookie coach who made mistakes but is the scapegoat of poor management by blanc, poor transfers by Secco and 2 years of Ranieri.

Ferrara is a ****in legend.

Comment

Originally posted by the-ali View Post
                  How can you cheer his sacking? he had to deal with 45 injuries. We were top of the table @ week 7, after week 7 when the injury crisis started, thats when everything went downhill. after week 7, he was never able to field the same 11 2 weeks in a row because we averaged over 2 injuries per-game.

He was a rookie coach who made mistakes but is the scapegoat of poor management by blanc, poor transfers by Secco and 2 years of Ranieri.

Ferrara is a ****in legend.
                  True, i also think the management has a lot to do with the situation of the team, but if Ferrara were a good coach, he would have found a way to deal with the injuries and still at least come out with a few draws against midtable teams, not lose every goddamn game. I don't think Zac is any better, but maybe he can give the players a psychological boost or something. I would be happy if Benitez arrives for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by abtin_32 View Post
                    True, i also think the management has a lot to do with the situation of the team, but if Ferrara were a good coach, he would have found a way to deal with the injuries and still at least come out with a few draws against midtable teams, not lose every goddamn game. I don't think Zac is any better, but maybe he can give the players a psychological boost or something. I would be happy if Benitez arrives for next season.
                    Ferrara surely made some mistake but this was bound to happen. 2 years of Ranieiri and co. being complete idiots. eg: prefering to bring in Poulsen instead of Xabi Alonso...

Benitez is no good. a good tactician but he requests some shit transfers and loves to waste money.

Lippi will surely arrive this summer, he has had influence already.

Comment

^i dont know about benitez. judging by his line-up decisions made at liverpool i doubt he would take up the management role of a team devastated by injuries very well!

Comment

Working...
                      X