• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man its the 96 draft for sure!!!!

you got kobe, ray allen, steve nash, allen iverson, derek fisher

but ill choose mj and hakeem any day over carmelo and lebron

Comment

whats interesting about the 03 draft is that if they wanted to, the 2004 champion pistons could have added any of those next 3 guys to that already strong team! I know even just the thought of it makes mojo come in his shorts!
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        no I didn't. I said 1-5. If I wanted to go beyond 1-5, then 1996 would have beat them all
        lol, no no...84>96

Comment

lol, no no...84>96
          in terms of overall quality I dont think thats even up for dscussion. Never had someoen in real life try to cinvince me otherwise. 96 was just too too deep.

I even had to try to convince nypimp that 96 was not better than 84, 1-5! he thought even without counting nash, Kobe, J oneil, peja stojakovic 96 was still better than 84!! The 84 outside of 4 players was nothing really where 96 had about 10 allstars to 84's 7 allstars and both groups had 3 people winning MVP
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

in terms of overall quality I dont think thats even up for dscussion. Never had someoen in real life try to cinvince me otherwise. 96 was just too too deep.
            I even had to try to convince nypimp that 96 was not better than 84, 1-5! he thought even without counting nash, Kobe, J oneil, peja stojakovic 96 was still better than 84!! The 84 outside of 4 players was nothing really where 96 had about 10 allstars to 84's 7 allstars and both groups had 3 people winning MVP
            y...cuz u say it is?

Jordan
            Hakeem
            Barkley
            Stockton
            Alvin Robertson
            Otis Thorpe
            Kevin Willis

you have 4 HOF'ers in this class

'96 will produce 2-3 tops

---------

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...-all-time#poll

Comment

y...cuz u say it is?

Jordan
              Hakeem
              Barkley
              Stockton
              Alvin Robertson
              Otis Thorpe
              Kevin Willis

---------

no cuz I had never heard anyone say that over the last few years! But I guess since its a matter of opinion then you are entitled to yours

Comment

y...cuz u say it is?

Jordan
                Hakeem
                Barkley
                Stockton
                Alvin Robertson
                Otis Thorpe
                Kevin Willis

---------

ray allen will be a hall of famer so thats 4, and the productivity of walker, camby, shareef, marbury, derek fisher, and jermaine oneal in their primes are far greater than the 3 guys u mentioned (even tho robertson was great)

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin
                  2003:
                  1 James, LeBron
                  2 Miličić, Darko
                  3 Anthony, Carmelo
                  4 Bosh, Chris
                  5 Wade, Dwyane

Worst day in the history of Detroit Pistons franchise.

Comment

whats interesting about the 03 draft is that if they wanted to, the 2004 champion pistons could have added any of those next 3 guys to that already strong team! I know even just the thought of it makes mojo come in his shorts!
                    Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post

Worst day in the history of Detroit Pistons franchise.

Comment

no cuz I had never heard anyone say that over the last few years! But I guess since its a matter of opinion then you are entitled to yours
                      until you saw that poll in which 84>03>96

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                        ray allen will be a hall of famer so thats 4, and the productivity of walker, camby, shareef, marbury, derek fisher, and jermaine oneal in their primes are far greater than the 3 guys u mentioned (even tho robertson was great)
                        just because you weren't around to see the productivity of the '84 class doesn't mean the 96 class surpasses it...
                        and Ray Allen is a fringe HOF'er

Comment

lol! there have been many crap drafts among the very crappy ones is the kandi man and kwame brown draft and among the good ones the 99 draft:

1) elton brand
                          2) stevie franchise
                          3) The baron of westwood davis
                          4) candyholic odom

but none will equal the 1996 in terms of the entire first round!

1 Iverson, Allen

2 Camby, Marcus
                          3 Abdur-Rahim, Shareef
                          4 Marbury, Stephon
                          5 Allen, Ray
                          6 Walker, Antoine

7 Wright, Lorenzen
                          8 Kittles, Kerry
                          9 Walker, Samaki
                          10 Dampier, Erick
                          11 Fuller, Todd
                          12 Potapenko, Vitaly
                          13 Bryant, Kobe
                          14 Stojaković, Peja
                          15 Nash, Steve

16 Delk, Tony
                          17 O'Neal, Jermaine
                          18 Wallace, John
                          19 McCarty, Walter

20 Ilgauskas, Zydrunas
                          21 Jones, Dontae
                          22 Rogers, Roy
                          23 Rentzias, Efthimios
                          24 Fisher, Derek26 Williams, Jerome
                          27 Evans, Brian
                          28 Lauderdale, Priest
                          29 Knight, Travis

guys in bold and underline have been allstars and the guys with underline were starters with serious amount of contribution to their teams for years. Not to mention that draft also had 3 MVPs
                          I dont know! This draft looks waay deeper than the 84 draft. outside of those 4 mentioned, the draft is pretty weak. But players from this draft contributed a lot more as a "whole" again we are not talking top 4 players only. WE are talking the entire draft

Comment

Jordan is basketball. the only player that will ever come close to Jordan is Kobe and even he is miles away.

Jordan > The World.

Comment

y...cuz u say it is?

Jordan
                              Hakeem
                              Barkley
                              Stockton
                              Alvin Robertson
                              Otis Thorpe
                              Kevin Willis

---------

good argument but kobe, nash, allen, and iverson are FOR SURE going into the HOF. in no way is ray allen even a fringe.

kevin willis had a few good years as did thorpe and robertson....
                              but marbury in his prime was as good as iverson, derek fisher has been a stud his entire career, and peja stojakavic has been a very good player as well.

Comment

Originally posted by the-ali View Post
                                Jordan is basketball. the only player that will ever come close to Jordan is Kobe and even he is miles away.

Jordan > The World.
                                yeah but we are talking drafts not individual players.
                                Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                                good argument but kobe, nash, allen, and iverson are FOR SURE going into the HOF. in no way is ray allen even a fringe.
                                kevin willis had a few good years as did thorpe and robertson....
                                but marbury in his prime was as good as iverson, derek fisher has been a stud his entire career, and peja stojakavic has been a very good player as well.
                                Ray allen is

1)2nd in the alltime 3 point FG made and he will pass my fellow bruin Reggie miller before its all said and done to take over the #1 spot.

2) He is currently 32nd in the alltime scorers list and he will easily make it to the top 20 before his career is over.

3) he has also won a championship as a main player on the team. I am not talking Rober Horry Steve Kerr type contribution. I am talking star player contribution

he is DEF a HOF player

Comment

Working...
                                X