Poll for NBA fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
    yeah but we are talking drafts not individual players.
    Ray allen is
    1)2nd in the alltime 3 point FG made and he will pass my fellow bruin Reggie miller before its all said and done to take over the #1 spot.
    2) He is currently 32nd in the alltime scorers list and he will easily make it to the top 20 before his career is over.
    3) he has also won a championship as a main player on the team. I am not talking Rober Horry Steve Kerr type contribution. I am talking star player contribution
    he is DEF a HOF player

I slightly disagree, because as great of a shooter as Ray is and was, he was always a very one-dimensional player, and at no point in his career was he clearly (it would be debatable) one of the top 10 players in the NBA for that season. He is clearly more accomplished and better than say a Robert Horry or a Steve Kerr, but if he is a sure fire HOF'er then Dennis Rodman should have been inducted in the first ballot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
      I slightly disagree, because as great of a shooter as Ray is and was, he was always a very one-dimensional player, and at no point in his career was he clearly (it would be debatable) one of the top 10 players in the NBA for that season. He is clearly more accomplished and better than say a Robert Horry or a Steve Kerr, but if he is a sure fire HOF'er then Dennis Rodman should have been inducted in the first ballot as well.
      ray allen plays great defense (not his fault kobe is just too good) and he used to dunk a lot when he was younger. How is that one dimensional? remember the guy has probably only 2 more good years left. His teams have always been good. no way you are not gonna make it to the HOF if you are the ALLTIME leader in 3-point FGs
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

lol vote Jesus I guess then:

Comment

the 1996 draft! I don't know why AI is missing from the photo. Maybe he thought it was just practice!
          ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
          Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
          Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
          forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Shamim View Post
            1084 all the way, btw what a huge mistake the Houston Rockets have made drafting Olajuwon instead of Micheal Jordan.
            No way, I'm a Houston Rockets fan, and I don't spend a single moment of my time wishing the Rockets drafted Jordan. Sure he's a better player than The Dream, and he won more championships, but The Dream in his prime was just as great as any other center or player, and exerted dominance over everyone. Besides the Rockets won two championships anyway--everyone always pulls out the "Well if Jordan was playing they wouldn't have won!" which is illogical because Jordan wasn't playing so we will never know can we?

Besides, you think drafting Olajuwon was a "huge mistake," but then make no mention of Sam Bowie??? Ridiculous.
            "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
            Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

and Ray Allen is a fringe HOF'er
              Most people are pretty much marking him up for the Hall of Fame after Boston won the championship. I'd hardly call him a fringe HOF'er.
              "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
              Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by Makan View Post
                No way, I'm a Houston Rockets fan, and I don't spend a single moment of my time wishing the Rockets drafted Jordan. Sure he's a better player than The Dream, and he won more championships, but The Dream in his prime was just as great as any other center or player, and exerted dominance over everyone. Besides the Rockets won two championships anyway--everyone always pulls out the "Well if Jordan was playing they wouldn't have won!" which is illogical because Jordan wasn't playing so we will never know can we?
                Besides, you think drafting Olajuwon was a "huge mistake," but then make no mention of Sam Bowie??? Ridiculous.
                Agreed. I don't think a single Houston Rockets fan "regrets" drafting Olajuwon over Jordan. Bowie, on the other hand, is a diffferent question.

Comment

Working...
                X