Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran in winter olympics (Vancouver 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran at the Winter Olympic Games

Marjan Kalhor - Alpine Skiing
    Slalom) Total: 87 / Finishers: 55 / Rank: 55
    Giant Slalom) Total: 86 / Finishers: 60 / Rank: 60

Hossein Saveh Shemshaki - Alpine Skiing
    Slalom) Total: 102 / Finishers: 48 / Rank: 41
    Giant Slalom) Total: 103 / Finishers: 81 / Rank: 70

Pooria Saveh Shemshaki - Alpine Skiing
    Slalom) Total: 102 / Finishers: 48 / Rank: Did not finish
    Giant Slalom) Total: 103 / Finishers: 81 / Rank: 60

Seyed Sattar Seyd - Cross-country Skiing
    15 km free technique) Total: 96 / Finishers: 95 / Rank: 89

Comment

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetai...NewsID=1041560

Comment

dude she go dead last.. i mean its great that she made it to the olympics, but shouldnt she be embarassed rather than satisfied with her performance?

Comment

Any pics :S
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
            dude she go dead last.. i mean its great that she made it to the olympics, but shouldnt she be embarassed rather than satisfied with her performance?
            she finished the race, if u look 20+ people didnt finish it
            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
              she finished the race, if u look 20+ people didnt finish it
              ya but its not like this is the first time you are doing a marathon where just finishing is an accomplishment. I am sure all of the people who dnf'd could have finished if they went slower. This is the olympics after all.. its supposed to be the top level of the sport, not where just finishing is an accomplishment.

Throughout the competitions, some of the top medal contenders missed a gate or fell and got disqualified... that doesnt mean that majran is better than them..

i mean.. if she got last and was happy with her performance, what needed to happen for her to be unhappy? break a leg?

dont get me wrong, its better to have some competitors rather than none at all.. but overall iran's performance at the winter olympics was a disgrace when you compare korea and some of the other asian countries who we should aspire to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                ya but its not like this is the first time you are doing a marathon where just finishing is an accomplishment. I am sure all of the people who dnf'd could have finished if they went slower. This is the olympics after all.. its supposed to be the top level of the sport, not where just finishing is an accomplishment.
                Throughout the competitions, some of the top medal contenders missed a gate or fell and got disqualified... that doesnt mean that majran is better than them..
                i mean.. if she got last and was happy with her performance, what needed to happen for her to be unhappy? break a leg?
                dont get me wrong, its better to have some competitors rather than none at all.. but overall iran's performance at the winter olympics was a disgrace when you compare korea and some of the other asian countries who we should aspire to compete with.
                see the only winter sports we can compete in are skiing and snowboarding since in Iran we dont skating rinks...
                and since these sports are only popular as a leisure activity in TEHRAN we wont be getting anywhere anytime soon.
                First we should get our summer Olympic athletes ready and get some medals there then think about the winter olympics...
                with a person like ali abadi in charge it wont happen anytime soon
                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Working...
                X