oh canada! you are so boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
    Hopefully we will see a Canada - US final like we did in 02', now that was an exciting match.
    i truly hope not, the styles are too similar. it would be as boring as watching sweden vs finland. would rather see
    USA / Canada
    vs
    Russia / Czech
    vs
    Sweden or finland

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    we will see who wins this tournament, the greatest players ever are canadian, and i dont understand what was boring about canadas style, i was wacthing finland vs belarus today and almost fell asleep and i love hockey, russia vs canada will be the final and we will win this game
    dude check out how many times the "WE" have won the olympics since the 60s! only once!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hoc..._Olympic_Games

and since 1959, they won they been world champions only 5 or 6 times. that's in 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10% chance basically which is extremely considering there are only 6 power houses

[howerver, i do give them some credit after all SOVIET UNION (AKA Russia ) owned the games for 20 years. numbers speak for themselves;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ship_medalists

canadians rely on power play and got no tactics. you talking about finland vs belarus? go bacn and look at the first period and look at the speed of the game.

now could they win this one? they better! it would be as big a disaster as argentina losing world cup in its own country...!!

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
    Baba some of you sound worse than Kamran and Hooman with your "we, we" when you're talking about Canada lol

j/p with you guys
    well WE are very emotional about OUR teams

ps

i haven't figure out mine yet but it aint canada or US

favorites in no specific order;
    Sweden
    Russia
    Czechs
    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 02-17-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

bro sweeden beat germany 2-0 today.. germany hit the post twice, sweedens first goal was goaltender interference, and germany kept up with them the whole game and they only had 6 NHLers in their roster..
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

It's very hard to tell here by "we" people mean exactly who?
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Canada Just lost against USA 5-3 What a game that was seriously super intense ,
          sigpic

Comment

Btw whats up with these Computer that they bring in the stadium Like I mean Your watching the game Live dude lool

sigpic

Comment

thats the media's section

===

I think the canadians have had too much pressure on them, and this might be the wake up call they needed. it was a very good game and miller played an excellent game and team USA didn't give the canadians any space

Candians seem to be looking for power play so far in their group games and US didn't give them so many, and US's 3 goal which came within a minute? of the canadian's equalizer took the air out of team

so far all major teams been disappointing, but especially czech republic and Canada.
              it's be a super sunday indeed! too bad next game will start around 23.00 Chicago time
              Last edited by Under Lahaf; 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

its going to be very tough for Sweden / russia / canada from here, basically the 3 of them have to eliminate each other to face USA? unless czcech republic / finland can surprise the US.

Comment

UL, you're definitely missing the point. How long have you been watching hockey for?

Hockey embodies physicality more than it does finesse. Sure, you have skilled players who can stick-handle, but they are far and few between when it comes to playing in the big leagues. Why? Because they get crushed by the sheer brute force and physicality that the game embodies. Few players can truly get around it (Ovechkin and Malkin being two of them) in the NHL.

If you want people prancing around, I think figure skating may be right up your alley.

BTW - Miller was lights out last night. I commend the U.S team for being able to score 5 goals, and only limit us to three. I think we'll see a Canada U.S final personally.
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

team russia is taking the gold!

but damn that was a good game last night, us/canada. you can just sense how much pressure is on the canadians.

Comment

i think the pressure got up to canada last night, but the extra game should help..
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Well a bit of good news...

Luongo is going to start tomorrow against Germany. If they use him against Russia and so forth I reckon that they will get far in the tournament. Luongo is a great goalie!!

Comment

Luongo should definitely be Canada's first goalie he is way better then brodeur I believe
                          sigpic

Comment

there is a lot of old guys who shouldnt have been on this team, but made it just because of their past success.. like nidermayer pronger thornton.. brodeur should have made it, but he shouldnt be starting luongo should be starting.. mike green hast most points of all NHL defenceman and didnt make it, steve stam*** has 35 goals 5th in the NHL this season and didnt make it, i dont like this particular group of players.. but i think theyre still good enough to get the job done
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                              Never liked canadian hockey, they are too boring and got no style. Hopefully the eastern europeans will take care of them once and for all. the highlight as always will be Russia vs czechs and Sweden vs Finland. Canadians should stick to their baseball..on a second thought...is there anything they good at??

ps

lets not even talk about USA
                              Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading here!!!!!!!!!!

Boring??? no style???
                              I think you're letting your personal feelings toward Canadian Hockey do all the talking and I see absolutely no sense in what you say here. I've been living in Canada for a long time and have been following NHL ever since I got here. Now, I'm not trying to take away anything from the European teams and their players because I believe teams like Czech Rep. Russia, Sweden and Finland are all solid teams. Their players have always shone in the NHL.

But I'm just curious here Mr. UL. Have you never heard of:
                              Wayne Gretzky? Mario Lemieux? Gordie Howe? Bobby Orr? Eric Lindros? Partick Roy? Rob Blake? Doug Gilmour? Steve Yzerman? Joe Sakic? ..... and hunderds more of such calibre Canadian players????

Even this very young team has alot of talented players in its roster. Crosby, Nash, Staal, Iginla and so on.

You don't like Canadian style of hockey is one thing, calling it boring with no style is another.

Canadian hockey rocks, and they will continue to do so for the longest time. When you watch a Canadian hockey players play the game, you can see the passion, the desire to win and the fire in their eyes as if their lives depend on it. A Canadian playing hockey is like a Brazilian playing football.

Now I'm not sure how far this young Canadian team can go in this Olympics, however they will give the Russian a run for their money (as I picked Russia to win this tourney).

As for Canadian not winning alot in the international tournaments, they would always send amateur/3rd rate players to these competitions as they would always fall on the play-offs time of NHL seasons. This is only the forth time NHL goes on the so called "Olympics Break" to allow NHL players participate in the Olympics. 1998 the Gold medal went to Czech, thanks to the Dominator, Dominic Hasek who single-handedly won the Gold for them, 2002 it was Canada who had a slow start, but picked up the momentum and never looked back to win the Gold. 2006 it was the Swedes who went all the way and this year my pick is Russia.

I conclude my post by saying: what you just said is baseless, meaningless and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Hockey is a tough sport and Canadian players are very physical, skillful and have great understanding of the concepts of the game.

Go Canada
                              مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

8-2 Baby Against England But most probably we are facing The Russians now wow really though game
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X