oh canada! you are so boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
    half of the world doesn't find them entertaining and excuse me but how many times has canada won the gold in the past 50 years? or lets say 60 years?

In this game i blame Nabokov, but the entire russian team has screwed up so far. after 4 goals its not easy for any team to keep it together; however if there is any team that might be able to do it is the russians.

what i dont understand is why Nabokov was allowed to play in the 2nd period! its not like you talking about the latvian team here...what was going through the coaches mind to keep him?????
    Well the pros weren't in the Olympics until recently (even though Canada deos tend to perform well in the juniors). Canada is easily the strongest team in the world on paper, if you deny this you probably don't follow the NHL.

Comment

zamnnn, russia just got smacked. canada has all the momentum on their side, i expect a rematch in the gold medal match with the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Montreal View Post
        Well the pros weren't in the Olympics until recently (even though Canada deos tend to perform well in the juniors). Canada is easily the strongest team in the world on paper, if you deny this you probably don't follow the NHL.
        I am well aware of the rules and actually follow hockey more closely than football, but still don't believe in the canadian team. playing home is a different story, ammeh manam to khooneh khodesh khoob football dasty bazi mikoneh

today canada was the better team, no doubt about that; as for the future of the teams i hope we shall both be around next 50 rounds to see which team is the best. i still believe "we" are far more better
        they should've pulled him out after the 4th goal, i just dont' get it. would like to see what the explanation is on keeping him for so long, they guy lost his self confidence and team couldn't bounce back because of it

Putin should send Nagokov to play for the siberia, let him play with the eskimos
        Last edited by Under Lahaf; 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
          zamnnn, russia just got smacked. canada has all the momentum on their side, i expect a rematch in the gold medal match with the US.
          it would be an interesting game to watch, go USA (for now)

Comment

usa sooooolakhe
            I was an atheist until I realized I am GOD.

Comment

UL r u serious, did u see all the passing plays we were doing? it was like we had 12 ronaldinhos out there
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Guys, I must agree with UL. Today's game by Canada was utterly, utterly boring. Only a measly 7 goals against a highly skilled Russian team? Combination play? Nope, not good enough. Doesn't convince UL, and shouldn't convince you either.

..UL jan, I'm coming after you and your go USA chant :P
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                  Guys, I must agree with UL. Today's game by Canada was utterly, utterly boring. Only a measly 7 goals against a highly skilled Russian team? Combination play? Nope, not good enough. Doesn't convince UL, and shouldn't convince you either.
                  yeap, I second that. Only teams with BORING style of hockey can put a hole like that in Russian's ARSE.

Bring on the Swedes.

GO CANADA
                  مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post

we got a deal, lets get some miller ligtes and chant all night!

Comment

Swedes are OUT

Canada Vs Slovakia

USA Vs Finland

My prediction for the Gold medal matche: Canada Vs USA.

The Canuck have scored 15 goals in the last 2 matches, and they will make it to the final. The other match will be very tough, but I give the slight edge to the Americans. Then again I picked Russians to go all the way and thought Sweden would beat the Slovaks

Your thoughts???
                      مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

Originally posted by Farshad43 View Post
                        Swedes are OUT
                        Canada Vs Slovakia
                        USA Vs Finland
                        My prediction for the Gold medal matche: Canada Vs USA.
                        The Canuck have scored 15 goals in the last 2 matches, and they will make it to the final. The other match will be very tough, but I give the slight edge to the Americans. Then again I picked Russians to go all the way and thought Sweden would beat the Slovaks
                        Your thoughts???

bro we got this tournament dont worry

see UL you say canadian hockey is boring, i respect your opinion but to me last night was the best example of canadian style hockey. dump the puck in chase it anybody gets in your way nail em to the ice, fast pace shoot the puck passing plays, there was parts in that game where we made the russian defence look like norways.. to me european is boring they never EVER hit forcheck or take the body and the dont play agressive. so many ppl love ovie, but even ovies coaches say he plays his hockey 100% canadian style
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                          see UL you say canadian hockey is boring, i respect your opinion but to me last night was the best example of canadian style hockey.
                          and the loss against US was the best example of the canadian style hockey

(Just kidding, canada is of course an excellent team just like italy but not my cup of tea)

so now all the $itty teams have advanced? i haven't seen the game of sweden vs slovakia yet and will watch it tonight but heard they lost

USA vs Canada will be an interesting game, but honestly i was also looking forward to the bronze game as well and now with finland and slovkia which most likely will end up there, i am somewhat disappointed

before the games I was hoping more for Canada vs russia in the finals and lets say USA vs Sweden for the bronze.

whom can we blame but Canada? first the lost against US ended up in the wrong bracket and it totally screwed up the olympics. damn canadians

Comment

CANADA BORING AT HOCKEY LOOOOOL
                            they are the best look what we did to the o so powerful Russians!
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                              i truly hope not, the styles are too similar. it would be as boring as watching sweden vs finland. would rather see
                              USA / Canada
                              vs
                              Russia / Czech
                              vs
                              Sweden or finland

dude check out how many times the "WE" have won the olympics since the 60s! only once!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hoc..._Olympic_Games

and since 1959, they won they been world champions only 5 or 6 times. that's in 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10% chance basically which is extremely considering there are only 6 power houses

[howerver, i do give them some credit after all SOVIET UNION (AKA Russia ) owned the games for 20 years. numbers speak for themselves;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ship_medalists

canadians rely on power play and got no tactics. you talking about finland vs belarus? go bacn and look at the first period and look at the speed of the game.

now could they win this one? they better! it would be as big a disaster as argentina losing world cup in its own country...!!

well WE are very emotional about OUR teams

ps

i haven't figure out mine yet but it aint canada or US

favorites in no specific order;
                              Sweden
                              Russia
                              Czechs
                              Under Lahaf it is very clear from your comments that you have been watching for as long as the 2010 olympics have been on. Canadians are doing what they know best: good efficeint hockey. They'll use there size to knock you off the puck. They wont let you gather pace. They'll try to use the boards to their advantage. It's what wins hockey games in the end.

Also the americans and canadians have VERY DIFFERENT styles of hockey. Canada emphasizes size while america emphasizes speed. America has more smaller team that is built on guys like kane working there magic in offensive zone while guys like langunbrunner try to bury some rebounds. I for one would loooooove a Canada USA rematch.
                              The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

USA is running a train on finland. 5-0 in the first period!!

Comment

Working...
                                X