Guus Hiddink becomes Turkey's coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guus Hiddink becomes Turkey's coach.

Congrats to the Turks. They've come a long way and now they've managed to get the best coach in the world.

===

Hiddink takes Turkey reins

Guus Hiddink has signed a two-year contract to take charge of Turkey, starting on 1 August, the country's football federation has confirmed

The Russia boss, who last week announced he will leave his current post in the summer, will steer Turkey through the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers and there is the option to extend the deal for a further two years when it runs out after the finals. Turkey are in Group A, along with Germany, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan.

A statement on the federation website read: "Dutch coach Guus Hiddink has accepted to take charge of Turkey until August 2012 after announcing he won't extend his contract with the Football Union of Russia which was due to expire on 30 June.

"Turkish Football Federation (TFF) president Mahmut Ozgener and TFF vice-president Lutfi Aribogan flew to Amsterdam to finalise the negotiations with Hiddink. The 63-year-old experienced coach agreed to a two-year contract with an option for a further two years."

The federation also confirmed that Hiddink's coaching staff would consist of former Turkey captain Oguz Cetin and an unnamed Dutchman as well as former Turkey goalkeeper Engin Ipekoglu. Hiddink had been linked with a number of club and national team jobs in recent months, with his time as Russia coach seemingly drawing to a close.

The former Australia boss took charge of the Russian team in 2006 and steered them to the UEFA EURO 2008 semi-finals, having beaten England to a place in the tournament, but Russia then failed to qualify for this summer's FIFA World Cup.

Hiddink, who won six Eredivisie titles as PSV Eindhoven coach, also led Holland to the FIFA World Cup semi-finals in 1998 and South Korea to the same stage four years later, as well as lifting the FA Cup with Chelsea during a six-month spell in charge last season.
    http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ne...s+turkey+reins
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

wow, there goes my (hope) for belgium to qualify lol

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

Comment

Def wouldn't call him the best coach in the world,
      he failed miserably with Russia in World Cup quali, and his tactics are getting more and more predictable

Comment

wow, the turks make me really jealous

Comment

Originally posted by K.C.I.N. View Post
          he failed miserably with Russia in World Cup quali, and his tactics are getting more and more predictable
          He didn't really fail "miserably". Russia was in the group with a strong English side and they did well til the end. True, he didn't qualify for the WC because of an unlucky last minute goal in the play-offs in their home game, but he has put Russia back on the elite football map again.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            He didn't really fail "miserably". Russia was in the group with a strong English side and they did well til the end. True, he didn't qualify for the WC because of an unlucky last minute goal in the play-offs in their home game, but he has put Russia back on the elite football map again.
            I think you mean Germany, but come on, who would have thought Slovenia would make it to the World Cup instead of Russia with the great Guus Hiddink at charge? That's where he has failed in my eyes, but somehow media and a lot of people are still dreaming their dream of the perfect manager Guus Hiddink.

Comment

Turkey is a great side, unlucky not to qualify for the World Cup. I don't get why TM can't get a descent friendly with a team like Turkey, who I don't think we have any political problems with..instead of playing teams like Qatar, Kuwait, and other teams who wouldn't help us improve our football.

Comment

no. russia got ****ed over by the ref in the play off game. no one really noticed because it was overshadowed by Ireland's b!tching

Comment

I think you mean Germany, but come on, who would have thought Slovenia would make it to the World Cup instead of Russia with the great Guus Hiddink at charge? That's where he has failed in my eyes, but somehow media and a lot of people are still dreaming their dream of the perfect manager Guus Hiddink.
                  Oh yeah sorry my bad, meant Germany of course.

No, n ot many people had expected Slovenia to advance, but you can't base everything on 1-2 matches. Hiddink has done very well with Russia during his stay there, they were quite unlucky not to advance. They might have lost 1 (very important) match, but Russia is a force to reckon once again, and it's mostly thanks to Hiddink.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

hiddink
                    rjikaard
                    denzili im jealous

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                      Turkey is a great side, unlucky not to qualify for the World Cup. I don't get why TM can't get a descent friendly with a team like Turkey, who I don't think we have any political problems with..instead of playing teams like Qatar, Kuwait, and other teams who wouldn't help us improve our football.
                      meh, all their good players are gone..they're a young team now.
                      and unlucky not to have qualified? first they should try not to lose to belgium lol

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                      CITY

Comment

Fc Pakhtakor gets Scolari
                        Turkey National Teams gets Hiddnik

And We get Ghotbi as a National coach for our country
                        sigpic

Comment

Euro 2012 is ours with Hiddink!!!! WC2014 here we come!!!

and it was either Hiddink or Mark Hughes. hiddink has a great pool of players to work with. Its going to be great to see what he can. So many great youth players are coming through, I def look forward to seeing what he can through Euro qualifying(tough group). Inshallah we can make it to Euro and go one better on our performance from euro 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                            Fc Pakhtakor gets Scolari
                            Turkey National Teams gets Hiddnik

And We get Ghotbi as a National coach for our country
                            money mate.. money..

Why would a manager be interested in coming to Iran? We haven't won the Asian Cup for a long time, and with the politics involved in every action of the team, the manager would not feel very comfortable managing this team.
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                              because we will get raped and gholaabi would loose his job rightaway, just like the spanking in the hand of AS Roma..!
                              Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                              Congrats to the Turks. They've come a long way and now they've managed to get the best coach in the world.
                              yea man its hard to argue that there may be a better National Team Coach than Hiddink in the world today..!! i am so freaking jealous..!! yet still happy for turkey..!! dameh Federation oona garm..!! i think they coughed up somewhere near 7mil. a year to garner his services..!! kinda too much if you asked me even for a great coach like him..!!
                              but you know what they say " cheap things No Good, Good Things, NO CHEAP..!! i was kinda hoping Real would snatch him first..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X