No announcement yet.

Guus Hiddink becomes Turkey's coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, Is he really as great as everybody says he is?

His Holland team were poor in 1996. South Korea needed some lucky refereeing decisions to get through in 2002. Russia only got to Euro 2008 because England shot themselves in the foot against Croatia. England had a poor manager. He did nothing at Fenerbahce, nothing at Real Madrid, nothing at Valencia... He was okay at Chelsea, but with the players Chelsea have, any person can manage..

Don't get me wrong, you need a bit of luck in football, but I think Hiddink has been a very lucky manager. I don't know if he's the answer for Turkey going through to the Euro2012..
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post

His Holland team were poor in 1996. South Korea needed some lucky refereeing decisions to get through in 2002. Russia only got to Euro 2008 because England shot themselves in the foot against Croatia. England had a poor manager. He did nothing at Fenerbahce, nothing at Real Madrid, nothing at Valencia... He was okay at Chelsea, but with the players Chelsea have, any person can manage..

Don't get me wrong, you need a bit of luck in football, but I think Hiddink has been a very lucky manager. I don't know if he's the answer for Turkey going through to the Euro2012..
      were you even born in 1996? yes he is easily the worlds best coach. if anyone can manage chelsea, how come scolari who has won the world cup ****ed up with them?

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
        were you even born in 1996? yes he is easily the worlds best coach. if anyone can manage chelsea, how come scolari who has won the world cup ****ed up with them?

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
          worlds best national team coach*

Comment

damn i was hoping he'd go to Juve for next season

why did he take on a team that didnt make the world cup?

Comment

^^^ because no team that has made the world cup will change their manager just 5 months before the wc

Comment

He's called Lucky Guus for a reason.

Comment

Way too much money.

Comment

^^^ because no team that has made the world cup will change their manager just 5 months before the wc
                    Actually he could have gone to Ivory Coast, Nigeria and North Korea. He still might btw.
                    Last edited by Amin_; 02-17-2010, 02:02 PM.
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Nope, i was not born in 1996, but i have heard he wasn't that good with Holland.. Thats your opinion.

With Scholari, he did start few games well, but then faded away, because of dispute with few of his key players like Drogba,Ballack etc, and his whole team spirit went. Team spirit and morale is key to a teams sucess. Scholari is a great coach, look at Portugal and Brazil, however managing clubs is different..
                      plus Avram Grant was also good with Chelsea, 5 cm away from Champions League final, and 2 points away from a league title...
                      does that mean he is a world class manager?
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

do you really base a manager's skill on something you've "heard" about something that happened before you were even born? lol. i wasn't really old back then, but i saw holland in WC98(i was 8yrsold) and they made it to the semi finals where they lost to brazil on penalties..how is that bad?

avram grant isn't s world class coach but he is alot better than what he gets credit for..

Comment

do you really base a manager's skill on something you've "heard" about something that happened before you were even born? lol. i wasn't really old back then, but i saw holland in WC98(i was 8yrsold) and they made it to the semi finals where they lost to brazil on penalties..how is that bad?

avram grant isn't s world class coach but he is alot better than what he gets credit for..
                          No, I base something on what i see and Hiddink is not what everyone makes him out to be. Just my opinion. I think the term 'world-class' is getting mis-used.

Comment

No, I base something on what i see and Hiddink is not what everyone makes him out to be. Just my opinion. I think the term 'world-class' is getting mis-used.
                            You conviniently forget he took Holland to the semi finals of WC98 to lose unluckily against Brazil after penalty kicks?

Also 96 turned out a 'failure' because there was a certain divide between the black and white players in the team.

Comment

You also forget he took PSV Eindhoven to winning the Champions league in '89 and the Semi finals in '04/'05 losing away 2-0 and winning 3-1 home against AC milan.

Comment

This should make turkey much better, hes a fair coach and gives opportunities where he sees them, while it doesnt guarentee success, hes a better fit than stubborn Terim
                                Go Cows!

Comment

Working...
                                X