Guus Hiddink becomes Turkey's coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just look at his achievements:

Winning the CL with a relatively small team PSV.
    6 times winning the league with PSV.
    4 times the Hazfi Cup.
    World Cup for clubs with RM.
    2 semi-finals at 2 consecutive WC's with Holland (losing to Brazil on pk's) and South Korea.
    2nd round WC with a small team like Australia, only losing to a World Class team like Italy in that infamous way.
    Semi-finals with Russia at EC 2008, beating a very good Holland side and only losing to the later champs Spain.
    F.A. Cup with Chelsea and almost bringing them to the CL finals, if it wasn't for that last minute goal by Iniesta.

If Hiddink isn't World Class, I don't know who is...
    Last edited by Amin_; 02-19-2010, 05:00 AM.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Let me just clarify, he hasn't won the CL with PSV, like you said. He went to the semi's and missed out on AC Milan.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
        To be honest, Is he really as great as everybody says he is?

His Holland team were poor in 1996. South Korea needed some lucky refereeing decisions to get through in 2002. Russia only got to Euro 2008 because England shot themselves in the foot against Croatia. England had a poor manager. He did nothing at Fenerbahce, nothing at Real Madrid, nothing at Valencia... He was okay at Chelsea, but with the players Chelsea have, any person can manage..

Don't get me wrong, you need a bit of luck in football, but I think Hiddink has been a very lucky manager. I don't know if he's the answer for Turkey going through to the Euro2012..

Liverpool 1 - 3 Chelsea
        Russia 2 - 0 Holland - Holland raped both Italy and France, before they met Russia!
        A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ! XD
          A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
            Let me just clarify, he hasn't won the CL with PSV, like you said. He went to the semi's and missed out on AC Milan.

He won the European Cup (the predecessor to the modern CL) with PSV in 1988.

btw they were unlucky not to make it to the finals in that match against AC Milan; they only got knocked out on away goals, but they were the better side (and that coming from a Milan fan).
            Last edited by Amin_; 02-20-2010, 10:42 AM.
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Ferguson / Hiddink = overrated, too old = bad
              Guardiola / Prandelli = underrated, young = good

Comment

Working...
              X