Manchester City wants Torres & Gerrard for 140M Pounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester City wants Torres & Gerrard for 140M Pounds

Manchester City are set to made an audacious 140 million pound swoop for Liverpool's Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard after the cashed-up club revealed the star duo are their no.1 summer transfer targets.

According to reports in the News of the World, club officials have made no secret of their desire to bring the Reds stars to Eastland's, and are already planning how they can pull off the transfer coup.

And it is thought that regardless of the much-needed fourth place finish that would bring Champions League football, cash woes will see Liverpool bosses finding it hard to turn down the mega-money offer.

And as hard as CEO Christian Purslow has been working to bring some stability back to the club, which has been steadily going downhill since the Americans took over, the future still looks bleak for Rafa Benitez's side.

It is being reported that owners Tom Hicks and George Gillet must find 100 million pounds by the end of March to settle loans, but the Americans could wipe that debt by agreeing to the 100 million pound sale of Spanish striker Torres.

It is also thought the sale of Gerrard, who is becoming increasingly disenchanted with the struggling club, would then give Benitez more transfer money to play with.

================================================== ======

idiots are coming with mind-games before tomorrow's crucial game.

100M for Nando and 40M for Gerrard.

this is the most outta-world thing I've ever read, but knowing it's MAN CITY, it's very possible.

small club, spends net amount of 300M, still loses to Hull City

FUK OFF CITY

Arab Money

Comment

Torres would be silly to go. There's also Santa Cruz,Tevez,Benjani, Jo(coming back frm loan, i think).. and they all fighting for one spot upfront. Why go there?
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Gerrard will come to Internazionale

Comment

lol for this I hope Gerard and Torres own them.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

dont see this happenin.
            Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

I would feel very sorry for Liverpool if this goes through.

Comment

Hahaha yeah right. **** off man citeh
                sigpic

Comment

when liverpool is valued at half the value the americans paid for it.... id say one of them will defeinently be sold for big money and theres only two clubs in the world who make such silly bids.

Comment

if they bid more than 50 million for torres i think liverpool will accept..so it's up to torres i guess

i don't understand how the lineup would look if shit happened though

-----------given
                    ------richards - lescott - toure
                    -----------barry - gerrard-----------
                    swp - tevez - torres - santa cruz - bellamy

lol

Comment

If Gerrard leaves he will be assassinated by Liverpool fans. If Torres leaves Liverpool won't score more than Bolton next season. If both leave Liverpool will be fighting from relegation.

City needs to concentrate on making a team, because so far they are a shit side compared to how much talent they have.
                      The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                      For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                      http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                      http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

watched the game with LFC Toronto community at a pub today morning.

it was great atmosphere there and so many LFC fans, such a shame the game was too intense and cautious.

draw still ain't bad, we have 3 very easy games now and we should be able to start scoring again now that Torres and Benayoun are back.

while ManCity & Spurs have very hard fixtures remaining, Villa has easy fixtures too, but the battle for 4th will go down til the very last weeks, but I'm positive as long as Nando stays fit

Comment

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                            hahaahahahahaha
                            no. why would we sell our 2 best players? even for the amount of 140 million. gerrard is worth more than 40 milion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fishyboy1209 View Post
                              hahaahahahahaha
                              no. why would we sell our 2 best players? even for the amount of 140 million. gerrard is worth more than 40 milion.
                              no he isn't. maybe by real madrid and city's standards yes, but for any other team he's not worth over 40

Comment

Working...
                              X