Torres>Rooney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torres>Rooney

Rooney, 26 goals - 2482 minutes played, 4 pens. One goal every 95 minutes.
    Torres, 18 goals - 1650 minutes played, 0 pens. One goal every 91 minutes.

worlds best striker

also here are the rest of the epl top scorers stats:

Drogba, 24 goals - 2304 minutes played, 0 pens. One goal every 96 minutes
    Bent, 20 goals - 2860 minutes played, 4 pens. One goal every 143 minutes.
    Defoe, 17 goals - 2106 minutes played, 0 pens. One goal every 123 minutes.
    Lampard, 17 goals - 2680 minutes played, 8 pens. One goal every 157 minutes.

There is No Question About that , But If you have to say that Torres was injured for a while also but even If he wasn't injured he would be nothing compared to ronney !
    sigpic

Comment

lampard best scoring midfielder ever!

Comment

i still like rooney more, he is more of a team player and an all rounder who can score with his head or both feet.

torres shows signs of selfishness a lot and is weak in the air inspite of his superior height compared to rooney. still one of the best in the world.
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

stats are overrated Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>That cry baby Torres

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
            i still like rooney more, he is more of a team player and an all rounder who can score with his head or both feet.
            torres shows signs of selfishness a lot and is weak in the air inspite of his superior height compared to rooney. still one of the best in the world.

Rooney's heading has improved this year drastically before this year, Rooney couldn't score many goals with his head, while Torres has been one of PL's top headers for the past 3 years.

however I agree, this season he hasn't scored more than 2-3 goals with his head, as Liverpool barely cross the ball in the box. all our so called wingers cut inside and thus scoring with foot is more common.
            as opposed to United, where Valencia is a old natural winger crossing the ball, as well as Nani sometimes and also Fletcher, so Wayne gets a lot of heading opportunities

Yashar jaan, I know you watch Bundesliga..but come on

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
              stats are overrated Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>That cry baby Torres
              Miroslav Klose and Thomas Muller are better than both

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                Miroslav Klose and Thomas Muller are better than both
                well muller is a young talent that can be the best striker or midfielder in the future

Comment

Rooney's manchester united are in first place.
                  Torres's liverpool are in fifth place.

rooney>torres

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post

rooney>torres
                    fletchers man utd are in first place
                    gerrards liverpool are in fifth place

fletcher>gerrard

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                      Torres is weak in the air? Jeez, didn't you see his goal last week at Old Trafford. Brilliant movement and header.

They are both different type of players, Torres will score more goals for me,but Rooney brings so much to the team. He can go short, or long, play wide and that.
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

HARD for me to decide on that, i like torres better but i cant say for sure he's better than rooney

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post

rooney>torres

well the argument can be made the other way too, rooney plays for a better team therefore they create more chances for him to score

Comment

Roony>>>Torres so much

I think that Torres is a much more talented player and has the potential to become one of the best players, but at the moment he definitely isn't. Especially when you consider how he drifts in and out of games: when he doesn't get a things going, maybe a couple of bad touches, etc., he mentally shuts down and doesn't really do anything. Rooney, on the other hand, is very strong mentally.
                            Not to mention the fact that Rooney is a versatile and complete player while Torres can only play striker. You can put Rooney in ANY position and he will do fine; you can't say the same about Torres.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post

Rooney's heading has improved this year drastically before this year, Rooney couldn't score many goals with his head, while Torres has been one of PL's top headers for the past 3 years.

however I agree, this season he hasn't scored more than 2-3 goals with his head, as Liverpool barely cross the ball in the box. all our so called wingers cut inside and thus scoring with foot is more common.
                              as opposed to United, where Valencia is a old natural winger crossing the ball, as well as Nani sometimes and also Fletcher, so Wayne gets a lot of heading opportunities

Yashar jaan, I know you watch Bundesliga..but come on
                              i also watched euro, and champions league every year and i still cant recall torres much with his head. not to mention i also watch some serie A, la liga and even EPL matches if TV3 iran broadcasts them for free
                              bundesliga is on dubai sports for free, so i get to watch it regularly but the other 3 are on Al Jazeera paid channel which i dont have and i get to watch watever TV3 iran broadcasts.
                              ofcourse, this doesnt mean torres cant score with his head at all, cos if he couldnt, then he wouldnt be one of the best players in the world!

not that rooney is a great sarzan, i said he is better than torres in heading as well and that is partly because of his stronger upper body built and muscual built overall which helps him in this. this is wat i can recollect from watching the 2 for past few years. obviously u follow torres every game, so maybe he isnt as weak as i think in the air, but for sure, he isnt a great player in the air otherwise it would have been obvious in the games i have seen from him.
                              rooney is a more complete player and more a team player.
                              u can also argue from another angle and say, at the highest level of football where coaches instruct their players what tactics to implement, there is a reason why liverpool doesnt play aerial balls a lot and their midfielders are asked to play on the ground while manchester united players are allowed to cross more often??! if manchester united didnt have header players like rooney (or dimitar when he is playing), u think ferguson would allow nani and valencia to keep crossing aimlessly into the penalty area?
                              u think benitez who is a master tactician would not want his team to play more aerial balls to torres if he was so good in the air?

also keep in mind, to me, liverpool or man utd make no difference cos im neutral towrads both, maybe even more biased towards liverpool cos of my admiration for gerrard but ur situation is different and ur a die hard liverpool fan and i can argue that there is a degree of bias in ur opinion of the 2! but then again, u follow EPL more, specially liverpool and torres, so, maybe ur right but i would like to know where u got the stats from that torres is top 3 headers in the premier league and wat sort of comparisons u made?
                              Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 03-30-2010, 03:00 AM.
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                              X