Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabregas Penalty vs Barca..... foul or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabregas Penalty vs Barca..... foul or not?

Was just wondering what everyones thoughts on that important 83rd minute penalty are. i personally think that it didnt look like a foul at all. let alone one that gave puyol a red O_O. for the video: http://www.footytube.com/video/arsen...na-mar31-38513

no way it was a foul but barca will win by 4-6 goals in the second leg so it won't matter!
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

its a penalty no doubt about it fabregas's leg is between puyol's even if he didnt mean it he is still getting the man and stopping a goal scoring opportunity

Comment

because its so close to the goal, and denying a goal chance then its penalty even though puyol was just standing there protecting the ball. but the red card was BSSSS.
        ****ing fabregas asked the ref to give him a card, dont want him to join barca now, he should stay captain of a loser team.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
          its a penalty no doubt about it fabregas's leg is between puyol's even if he didnt mean it he is still getting the man and stopping a goal scoring opportunity
          "I think I put my leg between Puyol's when I was fouled and kicked it."

fabregas said that himself. he (probably accidently) admitted it wasn't a penalty. he fouled himself

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
            ****ing fabregas asked the ref to give him a card, dont want him to join barca now, he should stay captain of a loser team.
            i agree, i don't want any jews in barca (except guy assulin )

we have thiago and jonathan dos santos who will be as good as xavi/iniesta in a few years anyway

Comment

foul i must say yes. red card F*ck no.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
                "I think I put my leg between Puyol's when I was fouled and kicked it."
                fabregas said that himself. he (probably accidently) admitted it wasn't a penalty. he fouled himself
                that doesnt mean he admitted to it not being a pen. fab was going to shoot and puyol went in his way and his leg got trapped. no question it was a pen, puyol might aswell have pulled fabreags' legs down with his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                  that doesnt mean he admitted to it not being a pen. fab was going to shoot and puyol went in his way and his leg got trapped. no question it was a pen, puyol might aswell have pulled fabreags' legs down with his arms.
                  puyol just did what any good defender would do, try to block the ball so it would go out of play. fabregas himself got his leg stuck between puyols leg, then he kicked his own leg afterwards (causing him to break it..lol irony), puyol did nothing wrong

if you really think it was a foul, what would puyol have to do to not make it a foul? he already did everything he possibly could do

Comment

I think it looked like a foul when I saw the replay. Puyol appears to push him, making him lose his balance.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
                      puyol just did what any good defender would do, try to block the ball so it would go out of play. fabregas himself got his leg stuck between puyols leg, then he kicked his own leg afterwards (causing him to break it..lol irony), puyol did nothing wrong
                      if you really think it was a foul, what would puyol have to do to not make it a foul? he already did everything he possibly could do
                      he could not have really done anything different except maybe not run in front of him. But that doesnt stop it from being a foul. Its harsh in that he didn't do anything on purpose and he was unlucky, but it doesnt stop it from being a foul.

Comment

If it was a foul then it is also a red card because he stopped a goal scoring opportunity it cant be a penalty but no red card

Comment

Working...
                        X