World Cup Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Trivia

Ok, we have 10 weeks before the start of the WC in South Africa. Excited??? I know I am. Just to spice up the excitement, I've come up with a trivia for you all. Here are 15 questions about the WC.

Answer your questions IN FULL DETAILS
    مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Originally posted by Farshad43 View Post
    Ok, we have 10 weeks before the start of the WC in South Africa. Excited??? I know I am. Just to spice up the excitement, I've come up with a trivia for you all. Here are 15 questions about the WC.
    Answer your questions IN FULL DETAILS
    1) france 2002
    2)I dont know, paolo rossi in 1982?
    3)brietner by germany in 74 and 82

i am gonna answer the other ones I know in a minute!
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

4) EASILY GOOGLEABLE BUT i DONT KNOW
      5) SEE 4
      6)ummm pele 1970? (have no idea!)
      7) eusebio in 66 (13 goals)
      8)
      9)roger mila 39 years old against argentina in 1990. I was sitting on my aunts couch is shahrakeh gharb !
      10) gerd muller 10 goals 1970
      11) ronaldo, anyone too early I wouldn't know. I would think pele!?

will get the rest in

edit:
      12)see 4
      13) DONT FEEL LIKE GOOGLING BUT WAS IT THE 58 FINAL?
      14)have no idea I dont think it was 78 (maybe it was) if it wasnt then it has to be 1962 or before
      15)nobody from 82 germany (that I can recall) played in the 1990 WC except maybe for Lothar Mathaus so it has to be someone from the brazil of 94-98-02 so tell us who!?
      Last edited by persianbruin; 04-01-2010, 09:36 PM.
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        1) france 2002
        2)I dont know, paolo rossi in 1982?
        3)brietner by germany in 74 and 82
        i am gonna answer the other ones I know in a minute!
        Remember to answer IN FULL DETAILS

- No "I don't knows" and for number 3, you got him right, but there are more. who are they??
        مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

some questions were the type you could eaily google which I didnt and left them for someone who knows. I only answered the ones I either knew or was fairly confident about

Comment

4) EASILY GOOGLEABLE BUT i DONT KNOW
            5) SEE 4
            6)ummm pele 1970? (have no idea!)
            7) eusebio in 66 (13 goals)
            8)
            9)roger mila 39 years old against argentina in 1990. I was sitting on my aunts couch is shahrakeh gharb !
            10) gerd muller 10 goals 1970
            11) ronaldo, anyone too early I wouldn't know. I would think pele!?
            will get the rest in
            edit:
            12)see 4
            13) DONT FEEL LIKE GOOGLING BUT WAS IT THE 58 FINAL?
            14)have no idea I dont think it was 78 (maybe it was) if it wasnt then it has to be 1962 or before
            15)nobody from 82 germany (that I can recall) played in the 1990 WC except maybe for Lothar Mathaus so it has to be someone from the brazil of 94-98-02 so tell us who!?
            You got one and half right

Comment

You got one and half right
              lol!! say which ones so I could think harder about the others. It wouldn't be rewarding if I google them

double digit scorer is right for sure. eusebio is also right (edit: I just remmebered it was some french guy who had 13 in 1958 and not 66 but I dont know his name) so how can it be 1 and a half!!?? roge mila was the oldest at the time maybe someone older has scored since
              Last edited by persianbruin; 04-01-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Remember to answer IN FULL DETAILS
                - No "I don't knows" and for number 3, you got him right, but there are more. who are they??
                ok I remember my cousin who is the same age as I am was saying I wanna take a gun and kil rossi! we were both 7 years old lol. I actually always use rossi as another trivia question:

what player who won the golden boot didnt score his first goal until the quarterfinals!

I remember he scored 3 in the quarters against brazil, 2 in the semis (dont remember against who) and 1 in the final game vs germany but I what I am NOT sure is if anyone else scored in between those goals

as for #3, for def, it has to be pele in there too.

Comment

1) France 2002
                  3) Zidane in 1998 and 2006
                  4) Germany against Saudi in 2002
                  5) Just Fontaine scored 4 goals in a game in 1958 but i doubt it's him
                  6) Ronaldo in 2002?
                  7) Just Fontaine 13 goals in 1958
                  10) probably just fontaine again with his 13 goals in 1958
                  11) Ronaldo,...

Comment

1) Which world cup champion team failed to score even a single goal defending their title?
                    2) Which world cup best goal scorer scored all his goals for his team consecutively?
                    3) How many players have scored in two world cup final matches? Their names?
                    4) Which team has scored the most goals in a single world cup match?
                    5) Which player has scored the most goals in a single world cup match?
                    6) Which world cup champion player scored in every game of the tourney, but did not win the goal scoring title?
                    7) Which player has scored the most goals ever in a single world cup?
                    8) Who was the first ever player to miss a penalty kick in a world cup final during the game?
                    9) Who is the oldest player to score in a world cup?
                    10) Who was the last player to score double digit goals in one single world cup?
                    11) How many players have scored at least 5 goals in two different world cups? Their names?
                    12) Who was the first player ever to receive a red card in a world cup final match?
                    13) What’s the highest scoring match in the history of the world cup finals?
                    14) Who scored the only hat trick in a world cup final??
                    15) Which player has played in three successive world cup finals?
                    ok lets clean this mess. These are the ones I either KNOW or kinda know
                    1) france 2002 (100% sure)
                    2) Paolo rossi in 1982 between the quarterfinals and champ game (95% sure )
                    3) brietner 74, 82 and Pele 58 and 70 (maybe in 62 he scored too I dont know)
                    4)I know hungary scored 8 goals vs the eventual champion germany in 54 and germany scored that many against KSA but I am not sure if tht was the most (I'll google it) EDIT: I was googling to see how many goals one hungarian player scored against germany in 54 where I saw hungary beat korea 9-0 so that beats the 8 goal thing!
                    5) has to be the french guy in 1958 or maybe one of the hungarians (like Puskas) in the 1954 WC against germany (I'll google it) Edit: sosic scored 4 against germany
                    6) ?
                    7) the french guy in 1958 with 13 goals I also remember he never scored in any other WC
                    8)?
                    9) In 1990 was Roger Mila, if someone older has scored since then I wouldn't know
                    10) for sure FC Bayern's pride: GERHARD MULLER in 1970 with 10 goals!
                    11) Pele, Ronaldo (for sure), cryuff?
                    12) ? I know the last is zidane
                    13) I know 1958 had 7 goals, I dont know if anyother WC final has more
                    14) Has to be before 1958 cuz since then I am sure nobody has
                    15) brazil's goalie in 94-02? or one their defenders? This one I HAD to google to make sure mathaus wasnt there and even though he was a member of the team he didnt play in the finals game of 82. Would you consider that? He was still a member of 3 straight final team
                    Last edited by persianbruin; 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

ok lets clean this mess. These are the ones I either KNOW or kinda know
                      1) france 2002 (100% sure)
                      2) Paolo rossi in 1982 between the quarterfinals and champ game (95% sure )
                      3) brietner 74, 82 and Pele 58 and 70 (maybe in 62 he scored too I dont know)
                      4)I know hungary scored 8 goals vs the eventual champion germany in 54 and germany scored that many against KSA but I am not sure if tht was the most (I'll google it) EDIT: I was googling to see how many goals one hungarian player scored against germany in 54 where I saw hungary beat korea 9-0 so that beats the 8 goal thing!
                      5) has to be the french guy in 1958 or maybe one of the hungarians (like Puskas) in the 1954 WC against germany (I'll google it) Edit: sosic scored 4 against germany
                      6) ?
                      7) the french guy in 1958 with 13 goals I also remember he never scored in any other WC
                      8)?
                      9) In 1990 was Roger Mila, if someone older has scored since then I wouldn't know
                      10) for sure FC Bayern's pride: GERHARD MULLER in 1970 with 10 goals!
                      11) Pele, Ronaldo (for sure), cryuff?
                      12) ? I know the last is zidane
                      13) I know 1958 had 7 goals, I dont know if anyother WC final has more
                      14) Has to be before 1958 cuz since then I am sure nobody has
                      15) brazil's goalie in 94-02? or one their defenders? This one I HAD to google to make sure mathaus wasnt there and even though he was a member of the team he didnt play in the finals game of 82. Would you consider that? He was still a member of 3 straight final team
                      3)Zidane scored in 1998 finals and the penalty against italy in 2006 too
                      5)fontaine scored 4 against germany in 58 as well but i think that eusebio scored 5 in a game have to check this one
                      9) i agree with mila i can't remember anybode else

Comment

1) Which world cup champion team failed to score even a single goal defending their title? France 2002

2) Which world cup best goal scorer scored all his goals for his team consecutively? Rossi (ITA)

3) How many players have scored in two world cup final matches? Their names? Pele (58 & 70) don't know the others and won't cheat lol

Yugoslavia but don't remember the year, it was against Zaeir though

I think it was the Russian in WC 94, or maybe Klose in 2002, or even better it was probably the Hungrain against Germany back in 54! Didn't he scor 5 out of the 8 goals in the group stage match!

6) Which world cup champion player scored in every game of the tourney, but did not win the goal scoring title?
                        can't think of it right now!

someone from France in the 50s?

8) Who was the first ever player to miss a penalty kick in a world cup final during the game?
                        no clue

unless the english keeper from 1990 scored a goal it must be the Cameronian, Mila.

10) Who was the last player to score double digit goals in one single world cup?
                        Same french guy from Q 7 maybe!

11) How many players have scored at least 5 goals in two different world cups? Their names?
                        Ronaldo for sure,
                        maybe Kolse,
                        The Hungrian? extremly famous guy, just can't think of the name

12) Who was the first player ever to receive a red card in a world cup final match?
                        damn I should know known this ! but missed!

13) What’s the highest scoring match in the history of the world cup finals?
                        Hungry-Germany 8-3 group stages of WC 54. Germans won the final 3-0 or 3-2 or something and took their reveng lol

Harst from England in 66.

Mattius? Voler? has to be German since only Germany has made 3 finals in a row if I am not mistaken, 82, 86, 90.
                        sigpic
                        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
                          1) Which world cup champion team failed to score even a single goal defending their title? France 2002
                          2) Which world cup best goal scorer scored all his goals for his team consecutively? Rossi (ITA)
                          3) How many players have scored in two world cup final matches? Their names? Pele (58 & 70) don't know the others and won't cheat lol
                          Yugoslavia but don't remember the year, it was against Zaeir though
                          I think it was the Russian in WC 94, or maybe Klose in 2002, or even better it was probably the Hungrain against Germany back in 54! Didn't he scor 5 out of the 8 goals in the group stage match!
                          can't think of it right now!
                          someone from France in the 50s?
                          no clue
                          unless the english keeper from 1990 scored a goal it must be the Cameronian, Mila.
                          Same french guy from Q 7 maybe!
                          Ronaldo for sure,
                          maybe Kolse,
                          The Hungrian? extremly famous guy, just can't think of the name
                          damn I should know known this ! but missed!Hungry-Germany 8-3 group stages of WC 54. Germans won the final 3-0 or 3-2 or something and took their reveng lol
                          Harst from England in 66.
                          Mattius? Voler? has to be German since only Germany has made 3 finals in a row if I am not mistaken, 82, 86, 90.
                          13) hungary scored 2 goals the first 10 minutes which made the game look like another rout but then germany scored 3 straight and won the championship
                          15) Brazil made it to 94-98-02 finals and voller wasnt part of the team in 82

Comment

Some are easy, some are not, but you guys are good

So far you answered correctly some (although some partial)

It's good that you're not googling, since you'll have the answer to these Qs very soon. Besides, you give chance to other people to try them out too.

1) correct. France in 2002, had two losses and one draw but failed to score.
                            2) correct. Paolo Rossi scored all his goals (6) from QFinal to Final.
                            3) You have 3 players right, Pele, Breitner and Zidane all did it, but there's one more. Who is he??
                            4) Keep trying
                            5) Not quite, keep trying, although someone is very close
                            6) Keep trying
                            7) Keep trying
                            8) Correct, It was Just Fontaine for France in 1958, he scored in every match for a total of 13 goals.
                            9) Keep trying
                            10) correct, Legendary Gerd Muller with 10 goals in 1970.
                            11) someone might have got one right, but keep trying.
                            12) keep trying
                            13) keep trying
                            14) correct. Geoff Hurst for England against Germany in 1966.
                            15) Keep trying. This is rather an easy one. Come on guys!!!!

Comment

some questions are really hard for me, i'm just twenty and i've started to watch the world cup since 1998 even though i still remember watching italy brazil in 1994 and cryin because italy lost i was only 4 at the time.

BTW the 15) isn't it CAFU i'm not sure if he was there in 2006 or maybe Rivaldo but i believe it was cafu

Comment

Working...
                              X