No announcement yet.

Champions League: Barcelona vs. Arsenal Thread [6.4.10]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not talking about archievements and the "biggest name in history"..marradona is still the best by those terms

but when it comes to raw skill, and the ability to use it, messi is #1. do you guys really think a marradona in his prime would dominate in todays football as much as he did back then?

Comment

messi's 4 goals that i found on youtube:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

i wonder how long that will last^

it shows that the first goal was spectacular, the 2nd and 3rd anyone could have scored, and the fourth was excelent too, although the ball did bounce straight back to him again, but he isnt the only player in the world who could have done that.

i still rate him as the best player in the world.

Comment

sick ass goals!

just the way he finds space and how he's so quick and knows where to place the ball, with how much power, etc....he's just amazing! i really hope maradona doesn't fukk up this team for WC, this is messi's prime and he can top it off with a world cup win, if not who knows what will happen 4 years from now

Comment

no shame in losing, barca really are the best team in the world. messi maybe the greatest player...ever.

Comment

definition of rape in football shown in this tie.
              6-3 lol
              arsenal joins the likes of bayern, lyon and sttutgart.
              in this form I expect Barca to win the double again.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Ultimate football. I mean it. I have been watching football for more than 35 years and haven't seen a soccer match as beautiful as this one.

I am lovin' this game all over again.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Barcelona didn't beat Arsenal
                    Injuries, average players and Messi beat them
                    'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
                    ~
                    Cyrus the Great
                    King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                      Ultimate football. I mean it. I have been watching football for more than 35 years and haven't seen a soccer match as beautiful as this one.

Haji have you seen the 1st leg?
                      This one is nothing compared to that.

Originally posted by Rumi View Post
                      Barcelona didn't beat Arsenal
                      Injuries, average players and Messi beat them
                      Is that supposed to be an excuse?
                      Taking stupidity to a whole new level!

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

messi = brillaint
                        barca = messi

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                        Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Some nice gifs I found

Im sure he's got eyes at the back of his head

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

all four goals were absolute mistakes by arsenals defense.

messi has already now done enough to be awarded world player of the year.

to consider him to the very greatest I want another great season of him.
                            he has to prove that he is not another ronaldinho, who practically resigned from football after winning everything with barca.

Comment

I do think if we didn't have so many injuries, we may have been able to give barca a bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post

yea man i only saw the second half and i cant stand barfelona but they were playing amazing team football..! at times it seemed like they were just toying with arsenal. They were moving brilliantly w/o the ball in support of each other and passing around the ball like it was just a training routine/clinic..!! and doing this against a team who is known for playing such football in epl..!!
                                mad respects to Pep G. never saw such coaching skills and vision for team-football coming from him as an unknown, inexperienced rookie coach..!! wow..!!
                                and messi...!! man what can you say..!!? i dont think even maradona nor anyone else in their prime could match his plethora of football skills..!! there was nothing ordinary about any of the goals he scored in this game..!! with the first simply out of sight and unreal...!!
                                sure his legendary status still falls short of that maradona or even zidan in my eyes and for that he has to prove it on national team level at wc..!! but chances are he will do just that..! considering he is so young and got at least 3 more WCs in him..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X