Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xavi Hernandez vs Paul Scholes (overall career)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scholes has always been underrated in Europe. In the Premiership, I think he is rated and respected by most other midfielders.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
      many of us seem to discuss the "potential" and "capabilities" of each player.

but as the question goes, it is about the "achievements" of each player.
      and in terms of achievement, Xavi trumps scholes hands down.

just last year, he won 6 trophies in europe and world. this is unprecedented anywhere. that itself puts him above scholes.

next, he has won the european cup. scholes hasnt even played in the finals or if I'm not mistaken, even the semifinals of the euro cup.

all this, while scholes has had close to double the time span xavi has had. which means Xavi has done MORE within LESS TIME.

how difficult is it to understand?
      Last edited by Haf3z; 04-28-2010, 06:08 AM.
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
      And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

1- actually xavi has indeed scored many goals like this one.

2- noone's basing the argument ONLY on winning trophies. but surely that can add to one's worth
        so I'm going to assume you were trying to joke only.

besides, I think the poll numbers tell it all

Comment

Only In Long Range Shooting Can Scholes Claim To Be Better Than Xavi, He Is The Second Best To Xavi By A Mile.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
            Only In Long Range Shooting Can Scholes Claim To Be Better Than Xavi, He Is The Second Best To Xavi By A Mile.
            Scholes has been more consistent in the last 15 years. He's prime was when he would run into the box and score atleast 15+ goals per season(like what Lampard does for Chelsea now).

Scholes is much more of a 'goal threat' to Xavi, and it's just not his 'long range shooting' thats better than Xavi.

Both are quality players, but if you were speaking about the WHOLE career, then Scholes definitely (still time for Xavi to shine).. however, if you are speaking about right now, then yes Xavi is the better player, but still till today, people are underrating Scholes's ability. He never gets the credit he deserves.
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
              Scholes has been more consistent in the last 15 years. He's prime was when he would run into the box and score atleast 15+ goals per season(like what Lampard does for Chelsea now).

Scholes is much more of a 'goal threat' to Xavi, and it's just not his 'long range shooting' thats better than Xavi.

Both are quality players, but if you were speaking about the WHOLE career, then Scholes definitely (still time for Xavi to shine).. however, if you are speaking about right now, then yes Xavi is the better player, but still till today, people are underrating Scholes's ability. He never gets the credit he deserves.
              Barca' system doesnt allow him to have the space like other teams to score goals which is why always Barcelona's striker are top scorers and Xavi gets most assists.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Working...
              X