Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xavi Hernandez vs Paul Scholes (overall career)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xavi Hernandez vs Paul Scholes (overall career)

Two of the best midfielders in the last 20 years IMO.

Both were/are absolutely perfect at movement and dictating tempo. You can't say one is better than the other in that aspect. The only thing that separates the two is Scholes' superior goalscoring record and Xavi's consistent ability to pick out the final pass.

Who's the better player?

Xavi is 30 now, while Scholes is 36.

Who will go down as a better player in history books and will be remembered more in 10-20 years ?

move it MODs, It has the potential to turn into a great footballing discussion
    Xavi Hernandez
    0%
    Paul Scholes
    0%

the little ginger fella.

Comment

xavi>>>>scholes

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
      Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

both?

scholes more because its england and thats all you hear. xavi is a genius

Comment

Xavi...
          best midfielder/most underrated midfielder ever
          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
          Villa + Messi =

Comment

xavi can do things with the ball that scholes can only dream about in his sleep.

Comment

Xavi mos def

Comment

I think people are just considering their current form

Xavi was struggling with Barcelona in early 00s when Scholes was leading Man United to trophies, screamer after screamer.

I've started watching footy in 1997, and Scholes was one of the first players I learned about. despite playing in a rival team, the man always gets the job done. not many players can perform @ 36. only likes of Giggs, Scholes and Zanetti.

Xavi has come out of age since mi 2006s and Euro 08 was when he was officially known as one of the bests. before that he was nowhere to be seen in Barca's horrible year in La Liga.

Paul Scholes for me (career-wise) at the moment however, it' a no brainer Xavi

ps. @ DD: Ali Karimi can do stuff with the ball that Ali Daei can only dream about ...yet Daei will go down as a bigger legend in history

Comment

i think Xavi !

becuase he's younger than scholes. and which is the more important that Xavi passes are so far better than scholes.

you can't compare them in passing.

Comment

Xavi's goals (in his career) = 56

Scholes' goals (in his career) 149
                    --------------------------------------
                    Xavi is certainly better in picking out a killer pass, but his goalscoring record doesn't even comes to Scholes' and it's considering Scholes has been more or less only a squad player for the past 3 seasons where Xavi is a regular.

btw, don't tell me you haven't watch Scholes' range of passing ..amazing he even does it these days. such a shame he can't tackle to save his life

Comment

MOVED TO GEN SPORTS AND INT. FOOTBALL FORUM

@ elnino... u do it quiet often! pls open the threds in the right forum thanks.
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                        MOVED TO GEN SPORTS AND INT. FOOTBALL FORUM
                        @ elnino... u do it quiet often! pls open the threds in the right forum thanks.

you can't make polls in the international forum.

I've been crying for it for a few months now, but the problem won't get fixed, so if there is a poll, I have to create it in the general forum

Comment

I Definitely think that Paul scholes in his time and career could kill Xavi . Paul scholes is a player that could definitly take the chance to score in your time on the other hand you have one of the best midfilders that can pass the ball anytime and anyway to the strikers , But In my opinion Paul scholes has done better then xavi . And Paul scholes is just a legend
                          sigpic

Comment

Both players are fantastic central midfielders with such footballing brain. They can pick up a pass and spot someone running easilly. They are just gifted. Long and short passes do not matter.
                            Xavi and Scholes are quite poor tacklers, but at times they don't need to tackle, because they can read the ball very well and where its going to.

Scholes has a better shooting range, but I don't think you can say that Xavi's vision is better than Scholes? It's a tough one, but if you told me right now, it would have to be Scholes because he's been a consistent performer for the past 15 years, while Xavi has only been in the past few years(still time for xavi to shine).
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Xavi with no doubt...
                              sigpic
                              WE NEVER FORGET

Comment

Working...
                              X