The Liverpool Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Liverpool Problem

Do you lose to Chelsea so that Manchester United don't beat your record of most Premier League titles?

Or do you beat Chelsea for the sake of your team to make it to the Champions League?

The Liverpool fans shown on Sky Sports News are pretty divided on this topic...

What do you guys think?
    Beat Chelsea
    0%
    Purposely Lose to Chelsea
    0%

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

i would beat them because football is all about fair play. it would be pointless if they missed out on a CL spot and Man U wins the title the following year. also it would only be fair for them to go all out on chelsea.

Comment

in 1994-1995 season the same scenario happened. Liverpool was facing Blackburn in the last day (whose manager was Dalglish- the best LFC player of all time), and Man United was facing West Ham. if Liverpool didn't lose vs Blackburn and Untied beat West Ham, Manchester United would win the league.

conspiracy theories were raised that Liverpool will lose to Blackburn on purpose, especially since Dalglish is a Liverpool legend so Untied won't win the title.

at the end of the day, Liverpool who had nothing to play for, beat Blackburn 2-1. however United didn't win the title, as they drew West Ham lol.

for sunday's game, which will be one of the best games of the season in Europe, a lot of factors are important:

1) how will Liverpool do on thursday in their EL semis? will it go to Extra time? will the qualify for the final so the spirits will be on a high? will they be eliminated in front of their own fans? any more injuries?

2) how will PL games go on saturday. Man City play Aston Villa, and if that game finishes in a draw, and Spurs fail to beat Bolton, then a Liverpool win on sunday means Liverpool will be right back in contention for a top 4 spot, which will make Chelsea game a must win for Liverpool (as it is for Chelsea too).

as a Liverpool FAN, and someone who despises United with all his cells, I have mixed feelings. I have accepted that we won't get 4th the day we lost to Wigan, but this is the last home game of a very bad season. Fans who will come to Anfield, and will be @ the KOP, expect a good performance for an ending to this horrible season. players have pride, and when I turn on setanta sports @ 8:30 in the morning, I will cheer for the red men.

I am a Liverpool supporter before being a United Hater. as are most of true Liverpool supporters and players.

we won't roll over and we will try our best, however Chelsea have beaten Arsenal and United away from home this season, so if we lose it will be because of Chelsea's strengths. but Anfield is never an easy place to go to and win.

after all, I want my team to beat Chelsea. but before that, I want us to make EL final on thursday

as for the records, our era of dominance will come again (especially if the new owners are mega-rich), and United will go on for a few bleak years when SAF, Giggs, Scholes, VDS and Neville retire. not to mention their 1 Billion debt.

so we will be able to take our record back hopefully ....ps. United's game @ Sunderland the same day isn't an easy task at all especially without Rooney. after all Sunderland got a draw @ Old Trafford in October

Comment

they should play their game, who cares what happens to other teams,,,the would be a disgrace to their fans if they don't play their normal game,,same thing if they were to face Many. Keep it clean, thats' simple.
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

of course you go for the win! Man U has been having the upper hand for 17-18 years. That record is gone regardless. Beating chelsea and having a chance to win the champions league again (remember that monster comeback in 05) should be priority
          ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
          Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
          Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
          forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

liverpool MUST go for the win in respect to the world of football and for their fans the last home game, Its not like if they want to win they will, because Chelsea have to win it too and without torres I cant see liverpool winning anyway, maybe a draw.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

All I can think of right now is just that Liverpool is gonna lose at home , But I hope they will play their best but at the same time I can't see it happens that Liverpool would turn the favor to Manchester united . We just have to wait and see
              sigpic

Comment

we will win.

btw. u say as if we r playing stoke to purposely lose.
                we r playing the team coming 1st without torres so its not as if we have full power to choose what happens.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

In Football, you never play to lose. I don't care which team you are or whoever may decide the outcome, but you go to a game to be victorious.
                  I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                    In Football, you never play to lose. I don't care which team you are or whoever may decide the outcome, but you go to a game to be victorious.
                    KSA and N.korea did it to knock us out , in the World cup qualification lool
                    Last edited by PouriaAkaBarut; 04-28-2010, 12:39 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

think of it this way too:
                      lose ONE important match
                      or give up a HISTORICAL RECORD

with that said tho, im against forfeiting games on purpose. so i say liverpool should try 100%

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

at the end of the day, even if liverpool try to win, they will end up loosing...

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
                          at the end of the day, even if liverpool try to win, they will end up loosing...
                          lol, we will see.
                          Chelsea haven't had an impressive record in Liverpool in the past 3 years.
                          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                            lol, we will see.
                            Chelsea haven't had an impressive record in Liverpool in the past 3 years.
                            but this is not the same liverpool.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

liverpool dont realy have a chance for cl place anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X