Kazemi Named to C-USA All-Freshman Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kazemi Named to C-USA All-Freshman Team

IRVING - Rice University's Arsalan Kazemi has been named to the 2010 Conference USA All-Freshman Team the league office announced on Tuesday.
    Kazemi joins 2009-10 Freshman of the Year Hassan Whiteside of Marshall along with UCF's Keith Clanton and Marcus Jordan as well as Tulane's Kendall Timmons.
    Kazemi enters this week's GMC Sierra Conference USA Championship averaging 10.4 points and 9.0 rebounds for the season. With 26 blocks, Kazemi moves onto the all-time season list and is tied for 10th with Tony Barnett who also had 26 blocks during the 1983-84 season.
    His 260 total rebounds is already a Rice freshman record and with two boards in the Owls' first-round game against Tulsa, would move onto to the Top 10 for single season rebounds at Rice.
    The last time a freshman led Rice in either scoring or rebounding was the 2001-02 season when Michael Harris led the Owls in both categories - 12.8 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
    With nine double-doubles, Kazemi can move onto the Top 10 list with one more similar performance.
    The native of Esfahan, Iran, also had 45 steals this season. Last week against UCF he had seven steals. The Rice single-game record for steals is eight.
    Kazemi and the Owls open play at the Conference USA Championship against tournament host Tulsa Wednesday at 6 p.m. The tournament is being played at Tulsa's new downtown arena, the BOK Center.

theres a high chance he'll join iran's national team for the world championship in turkey

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      theres a high chance he'll join iran's national team for the world championship in turkey
      That would be so great, he could help Iran and Iran can help him with the publicity and exposure he very much needs.

Comment

actually i thought there were some issues with his visa and he was hesitant to go back to Iran, because he might get stuck.

Comment

UPDATE: 50% Chance Arsalan Kazemi will go to Turkey this summer. The Iranian National Team has just called him up a few days ago, however, his family and him are still making a decision. I will know the verdict by the end of the week.

I've asked and begged him 1000's of times, I just want to see him in front of Kobe, Lebron and the greats.

Comment

tell him to go man, whats holding him back? his visa? i cant believe people like him are held back on IR busllshit

Comment

Congratz

Comment

tell him to go man, whats holding him back? his visa? i cant believe people like him are held back on IR busllshit
                well for one, Rice is. His coach is pressuring him to stay, that he'll get better "summer training" staying here at home playing against his Rice Teammates.(his coach is being the jew that he is). Which is completely dumb, what better way to show yourself and skills to the entire world/the entire united states that what great you are playing against the NBA's greatest on national television. but he really doesn't care so much what his coach and rice are exactly saying, they are just "pressuring" him not to go, they are afraid of losing him obviously.

The VISA thing is 'sorta' still an issue. Considering Arsalan is trying to stay where he is.

another reason, his parents we're supposed to come the states this SUMMER. ( I won't discuss this here as this is personal information for him )

Hadaddi and the IBF have both called him personally and asked him to come help them this summer. Finally the IBF aren't as cheap as they normally are and are actually going to pay for everything. (lets just hope they don't talk shit about him and blame Arsalan again, even if they do happen to lose to the United States)

Comment

i feel ya, thanx for insider info, i really hope he goes, we'll need an aggressive player like him against US

Comment

i feel ya, thanx for insider info, i really hope he goes, we'll need an aggressive player like him against US
                    no problem at all, i love keeping you guys all updated bro.

and i cant agree with you more, he's the kind of player thats going to allow our whole team to play better (and especially against the US). he brings you defense and offense .

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
                      UPDATE: 50% Chance Arsalan Kazemi will go to Turkey this summer. The Iranian National Team has just called him up a few days ago, however, his family and him are still making a decision. I will know the verdict by the end of the week.
                      I've asked and begged him 1000's of times, I just want to see him in front of Kobe, Lebron and the greats.
                      congrats to Arsalan!

Kev, you shouldn't push his to go up against Kobe and I say this because I love Arsalan!
                      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                        congrats to Arsalan!
                        Kev, you shouldn't push his to go up against Kobe and I say this because I love Arsalan!
                        ↓↑↨

He will already be plenty for Kobe handle

but hurry up and get here, we're flying to south africa in june

Comment

↓↑↨
                          He will already be plenty for Kobe handle
                          but hurry up and get here, we're flying to south africa in june
                          lol! btw, who is "we"?
                          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                            lol! btw, who is "we"?
                            i dont think you met sam, he's my other iranian friend.. you didn't meet him when you came down. but when you do, you'll meet him. along with A K 14 of course.

Comment

i dont think you met sam, he's my other iranian friend.. you didn't meet him when you came down. but when you do, you'll meet him. along with A K 14 of course.
                              cool! I am coming over towards the end of July so by the time I am there, you'll be long back from S. Af. btw, save my hoodie and t-shirt!

Comment

Working...
                              X