No announcement yet.

Liverpool vs Chelsea [Live report]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquilani really should have been charged admission to the game. He was literally a spectator the entire game. Very dissapointing from him.

Comment

It was a big game in terms of deciding the title. But the atmosphere I agree played its part, making the game dull and boring. The liverpool fans were so quiet understandably so. Gerrard and Banyanon were so poor. I cant believe a player like benayon can get into starting lineup of liverpool, tells everything you need to know about them doesnt it?

It was a funny game for liverpool fans because whatever the result they had a reason to be happy

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
        Aquilani really should have been charged admission to the game. He was literally a spectator the entire game. Very dissapointing from him.
        what game were you watching in the first half ?

we were the better team before Gerrard decided to act like an idiot

Aquilani hit the post with a great shot and ran into space to find Maxi's perfect pass, however there he should have shot instead of going down and appealing for penalty. but he went missing in the second half which was expected considering it was his third consecutive start in 6 days (for the first time in 3 years lol)

second half, I expected Liverpool to play even shittier, considering we played 120 minutes on thursday.

anyways, our best player today, as for the entire season was King Pepe Reina. his save from Malouda was amazing and he was the only player who gave a damn

Mascherano and Gerrard had a mare...weak links today

season (nightmare) over in less than 160 hours ....COME ON

Comment

Your saying Masherano and Gerrard were the weak-links, but thats because of the position they were playing in.

Gerrard - holding midfielder with Lucas. There's no doubt Gerrard can tackle, break things up and is a very strong/quick player in the middle.. However, Gerrards best position is behind the striker, or 4-4-2 in a central midfield role..
          Im my opinion, Aqualani had to give way for your best player, and let Gerrard play behind Kuyt, put Masherano in DCM (where he can man-mark Lampard much better) and put Degen right back.. or Charragher RB, and the young, confident Ayala in CB, however the game was too much for Ayala, Degen RB would've been better. When you play Gerrard in behind Kuyt, he will make runs behind Kuyt. Kuyt has a good-link up play, but has a very poor acceleration, and Gerrard would've bursted in the box more and would've created LFC more chances.

Masherano - Right Back is a different fish to Defensive midfield. Masherano can tackle, however, being a full-back, you need to co-orperate well with your defenders, Masch was exposed too much by Kalous dribble and pace, and for the second goal, he played Anelka onside.. Also, Masherano got NO protection at all from Benayoun, who had a shocking game. He couldn't even pass to player within 5 yards, i think it's fatigue, because Benayoun is a top- draw player.

The spine of Liverpool hasn't been as good as last year..

Reina - The only player who has done as well as last year. Solid and Mr.Consistent.

Charragher - has struggled immensely this year. Skrtel's been injured, and Hyppia left. Had to adjust with new partners every week, and has found it difficult.

Masherano - has missed Alonso beside him. Masherano would break things off, give it to Alonso, and Alonso would start the attacks. Masherano and Lucas are too similar, as they are both hard-working players, but cannot pass to save their lives.. The departure of Alonso has been a massive blow.

Gerrard - not as influential as last year.. Maybe its just Torres hasn't been fit much this year, I realy hope he fixes up for the World Cup, but it's been an unusual season, with the latter parts of season playing in a holding role and making a mistake like yesterday.. Holding his hand up his head after the goal sums his season up..

Torres - Just been injured for long periods, and Liverpool have missed him so much. A quality striker, when fit.

A dissapointing campaign for Liverpool fans. Jumping from 2nd to 7th is not something 'minor'. The manager and the WHOLE team collectively have to get the blame for a subdued season.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Working...
          X