No announcement yet.

Man City and their money couldn't buy CL spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spurs were bottom last season when harry took control, and look where hes taken them. Bravo.

Comment

guys don't hate too much on spending money.

sometime it will be needed.

when a club has money to spending on buying superstars why shouldn't they do this ?

Comment

lol at the people supporting Tottenham cause of man city's spending. how do you think spurs got to where they are now???

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-1817972.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ur/8352793.stm

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
          Tottenham deserves it, but they really need to improve their squad or they won't last very long in Europe and the EPL together. This is a team that lost 0-2 to Portsmouth a couple weeks ago... but then beats Arsenal and Chelsea...
          the game against portsmouth was a complete fluke. The ref was awful and the amazingly bad pitch didnt let us play our game. The goal they scored came because dawson slipped and the striker got through.
          The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr View Post
            lol at the people supporting Tottenham cause of man city's spending. how do you think spurs got to where they are now???

smart spending instead of idiotic spending.
            We may have spent money but we didnt pay over 15 mill for santa cruz and 25 mill for adebayor.
            The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr View Post

The difference is that Man City's money is tainted.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                Bellamy will go to Spurs this summer

you heard it here first
                im hoping for edin dzeko

but in all seriousness i hope spurs eye more talented players than bellamy. I got nothing against him, in fact i think he had a really good year. But he himself has said that he has at best 2 more years left in him because of his knees.

Guys i really hope we target include Sissoko, Dzeko and Veloso. This squad needs beefing up. Ledley king was immense today but we need someone to take his throne.

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
                  smart spending instead of idiotic spending.
                  We may have spent money but we didnt pay over 15 mill for santa cruz and 25 mill for adebayor.
                  Yeh Robbie Keane is really setting the world on fire for Spurs isn't he??

And Adebayor has scored 14 goals, despite being suspended for 2 months and being shot at in africa. decent season by any standard and can only get better. Roque has been injured and had a poor season, but no one doubts his class and finishing ability...

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
                    im hoping for edin dzeko
                    but in all seriousness i hope spurs eye more talented players than bellamy. I got nothing against him, in fact i think he had a really good year. But he himself has said that he has at best 2 more years left in him because of his knees.
                    Guys i really hope we target include Sissoko, Dzeko and Veloso. This squad needs beefing up. Ledley king was immense today but we need someone to take his throne.
                    I think Defoe and Crouch are staying for sure.

will Keane leave (likely)
                    what about Pav? after his amazing second half of the season

I guess Spurs will eye a RB and a CB, as well as a star CM.

your strikers are fine in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by I Walk Alone View Post
                      guys don't hate too much on spending money.

sometime it will be needed.

when a club has money to spending on buying superstars why shouldn't they do this ?
                      lmao y am i not surprised that this is coming from a real madrid fan??!?!
                      Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                      http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                      [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                      Villa + Messi =

Comment

Congratulations to spurs, well deserved after beating city twice this season.

I still think City will break in to the top 4 next season so spurs need to build up, if another team drops out I think it'll be Man U with their financial problems, Arsenal & Chelsea will be ok.

I think all they need is a commanding central midfielder & some more quality squad players, they have the money so there are no problems in keeping it up.

Well done England, you have a new member of the big 4 at last.
                        ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                          lmao y am i not surprised that this is coming from a real madrid fan??!?!
                          Barcelona spent close to 80M last summer too....just saying

and apparently 40-50M on Villa this summer, so it's not like Barca never spend

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                            Barcelona spent close to 80M last summer too....just saying
                            and apparently 40-50M on Villa this summer, so it's not like Barca never spend
                            and im not happy with our spending...
                            Ibra for 40 mil and eto??? stupid move.
                            chygrynskiy for 25 mil??? stupid move.
                            then we bought maxwell for 4.5 mil which i think was a good buy.

I never said we dont spend, but a quarter of a billion is way more than 80 mil.

and 40-50M for Villa?? tell me one team who has the money and wouldnt pay that much for Villa.
                            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                              and im not happy with our spending...
                              Ibra for 40 mil and eto??? stupid move.
                              chygrynskiy for 25 mil??? stupid move.
                              then we bought maxwell for 4.5 mil which i think was a good buy.
                              I never said we dont spend, but a quarter of a billion is way more than 80 mil.

and 40-50M for Villa?? tell me one team who has the money and wouldnt pay that much for Villa.

ghadre poolo bedoonin,,,,especially when your team's net spending is less than Stoke Fuking City (2M last summer )

and spending 40-50 on Villa won't be a wise economics choice, as he is almost 30 and he won't have a RE-SALE value. but I guess for a rich club like Barcelona it ain't a problem, as they won't see it as an investment in terms of re-sale value

Comment

Give Man City time, they will advance the coming years. Rome was not build in a year. Remember Chelsea? Did they win the Premier League their first season with Abramovich already? No.

City has changed managers twice this season, and they are still in need of more high profile players in order to break in to the big four.

Take a look at Liverpool instead, they have bought most players the past five years wihtout winning anything.
                                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                                And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X