Man City and their money couldn't buy CL spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehr View Post
    Yeh Robbie Keane is really setting the world on fire for Spurs isn't he??
    And Adebayor has scored 14 goals, despite being suspended for 2 months and being shot at in africa. decent season by any standard and can only get better. Roque has been injured and had a poor season, but no one doubts his class and finishing ability...
    you mean the guy that we made a 8 mill pound profit on?

Adebayor does alright against certain opposition. But (much like his time at arsenal) he tends to disappear in big games.

Plenty of people doubt roque's consistency, its been his biggest problem since his days at bayern. No one cares how good a player you are if you are injured all the time.

My favourite dumb move was them buying de jong for 16 mill. If they had waited till the summer they could have gotten him for like half that price, due to his contract buyout being superlow!

The only real dumb move that tottenham has made was pascal chimbonda. And we bought him for cheap and we only bought him cause we needed a left back badly. All the other moves (modric, bassong, gomes, palacios) have been pretty well thought out.
    The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
      I think Defoe and Crouch are staying for sure.
      will Keane leave (likely)
      what about Pav? after his amazing second half of the season
      I guess Spurs will eye a RB and a CB, as well as a star CM.
      your strikers are fine in my opinion
      no we need to really overhaul our strikers if we want to make any sort of noise in champs league.

Defoe stays. The rest are easily replaceable.

Crouch, while having a great game today, is not a consistent striker by any stretch of the imagination.

Pav, blows hot and cold. He makes some amazing plays and some bonehead ones as well.

Keane? He is done. I hope celtic find the amount of money needed to make Dan Levy (our chairmen) happy enough to sell cuz the only place keane will do well now is the spl.
      The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

is villa too scared to go to premier league??
        barca doesnt need villa

Comment

it would have been too scary if man city got the champions league spot jsut imagine the players they could have bought

Comment

i only watched couple of spurs games this season, they play great football, fully dominated chelsea and arsenal at home. so they are worthy of CL spot. but I hate their manager!

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
              i only watched couple of spurs games this season, they play great football, fully dominated chelsea and arsenal at home. so they are worthy of CL spot. but I hate their manager!
              I love Harry Redknapp.

He never gets the credit he deserves.. has done well at West Ham and Portsmouth, and now brillliant in Tottenham..

He has built a great team, and you know in yesterdays squad, there was 8 ENGLISH players.. thats just brilliant... and remember when he came to Spurs, they were struggling in the bottom half, he transformed them to a top four team.. thats some feat and achievement.

If Capello leaves, then I would definitely want Redknapp and Hodgson to be England's manager.
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

money CAN buy champions league spots

give it a year or two

Comment

I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr View Post
                    Roque has been injured and had a poor season, but no one doubts his class and finishing ability...
                    Actually, everyone does

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      is villa too scared to go to premier league??
                      barca doesnt need villa
                      Saeid jaan, I think Villa is exactly what Barca needs. A mobile and quick centerforward (like Eto'o).
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                      And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

stop hatin on teams with money
                        i cant stand that

Comment

too bad, I was supporting them

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                          CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
                            Give Man City time, they will advance the coming years. Rome was not build in a year. Remember Chelsea? Did they win the Premier League their first season with Abramovich already? No.

City has changed managers twice this season, and they are still in need of more high profile players in order to break in to the big four.

Take a look at Liverpool instead, they have bought most players the past five years wihtout winning anything.

86M net spend since 2004.

meaning around 15M a year net spend.

City have 10times more net spend for last summer alone.

Liverpool always have to sell to buy, that's our problem. we can't buy with keeping our players....

while Man United can afford to have 30M Berbatov, 18M Anderson, and 16M Carrick on their bench. not to mention Chelsea's bench

that's why we had to sell BELLAMY to fund for Torres deal
                            why the board disagreed to sign Dani Alvez for 12M in 2006, saying it's too much of a risk for a foreigner
                            why Malouda agreed a deal with Liverpool, just t be offered higher wages by Chelsea a few days later, which we couldn't match in terms of wages, CRonaldo and Vidic were first approached by Liverpool and expressed desire to play @ Anfield, before United came and offer more money which the owners and board thought would be risky and unnecessary to spend on them, thus they went to United and we all know how they turned out to be

why Gareth Barry's weekly wage is higher than any Liverpool player (including Gerrard)

we've been mismanaged by the board for 20 years, first by David Moores and Parry and in the past 3 year those 2 clowns, tom and jerry have put us in debt and mooch money off us to fund Texas Rangers. hopefully they die in the worst possible manner. now that they want to sell, they have overpriced the club ridiculously, god knows which buyer will have that type of money....

how the **** do you sell the club to 2 Americans, when DIC of Dubai is the competitor bidder....we would have had the new stadium, so many WC players, and won the PL, had Parry and Moores sold us to DIC in 2007. not to 2 clowns who bought the club using loaned money from the banks whose debt was written for LFC and not their personal account

Comment

Originally posted by K.C.I.N. View Post
                              stop hatin on teams with money
                              i cant stand that
                              I don't think people hate on teams that have earned their money (breeding legendary players, winning trophies, remaining committed to attacking football), its teams like Man City, Chelsea, and Bunyodkor that are now threatening to destroy the sport. The market it f*cked up, and with the emergence of more teams taking this rich billionaire path its only going to get more f*cked up. Imagine this scenario, what happens when one of these benefactors gets bored and leaves -- when that well dries up, what happens to the club? If Abramovich or the sheikhs picked up and left tomorrow, the club would be left holding the bag -- a bag full of a ton of debt. That's a huge danger.
                              VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X