Michael Ballack ruled out of the WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Ballack ruled out of the WC

Germany coach Joachim Loew will have to make do without the services of experienced midfielder Michael Ballack at this summer's World Cup due to the Chelsea star's ankle injury.

Ballack sustained the injury in Saturday's FA Cup final against Portsmouth after a reckless challenge by Kevin Prince-Boateng that forced him to leave the pitch.

The former Bayern Munich midfielder underwent further examination on Monday and an MRI scan has revealed that Ballack has damaged the ligaments in his right ankle. The veteran will have to wear a cast for the next two weeks before he can start his recovery process.

Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt, team doctor of the German national side, has indicated that Ballack will be sidelined for at least eight weeks due to the ankle injury.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...rld-cup-due-to

He's played in two world-cups, was close both times (finalist in 2002, and semis in 2006), also was finalist in Euro 2008. They will definitely miss him. He's a player that always plays well for his country, and is their key player. He's their leader, and has been captain ever since Kahn stepped down the captaincy. Ballack also is the penalty taker, and if Germans were into another penalty-shoot out, mr Ballack would be a certainty as one of the takers..

Good news for England, if we face Germany in the second round!!
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

^
      Boetang is a Ghanayan piece of shit, who injured MB on purpose.

I wish he rots in hell, and Ghana doesn't get a single point

those unfair cheats....

Comment

I hate Ballack. Such a dirty player. And I hate Germany, so this is good news for me. lol

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
          ^
          Boetang is a Ghanayan piece of shit, who injured MB on purpose.

I wish he rots in hell, and Ghana doesn't get a single point

those unfair cheats....
          He's not even fully Ghanayan, but I don't think the WC was on his mind, when he tackled Ballack. Yes, it was a very poor challenge, late and wreckless, but did not 'injure MB on purpose'. Thats over the line.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

With regards to Germany, I like Frings, I think he's a very good player. I also thought that he was Germany's best last time around. Im not questioning the merits in picking him, I just dont think Low is going to pick him. And he's had a poor season so Anyway if he doesn't i think they will play a 5-men midfield :

The only positive note in CM is that Schweini has played arguably his finest season in CM. What Germany possess is what teams cant have enough of: Flexibility and Fluidity. You've picked a midfield five that you can make up a few formations from which is a great quality to have. The question is, would Low trust the younger players to express themselves or will he be keeping it conservative ?

Schweini -- Khedira

Muller -- Kroos -- Ozil

Klose

Comment

That had a story before. Ballack slapped Boateng some minutes before the foul in this game. I think Boateng was to take revenge. anyways bad for germany. I feel bad for him but this is football

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                He's played in two world-cups, was close both times (finalist in 2002, and semis in 2006), also was finalist in Euro 2008.

whats funny is germany has the most final losses than any other team...they've probably gotten more 2nd places than actual wins whether in world cup, euros, etc...

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout
                  instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    whats funny is germany has the most final losses than any other team...they've probably gotten more 2nd places than actual wins whether in world cup, euros, etc...
                    Thats right about World Cups, not sure about Euros.

Germany have been to 7 World Cup finals. Won 3 of them, lost 4.. Ballacks been to two Champions League finals, and lost them both.. (bayern vs madrid, and chelsea vs united). He's also been to Euro 2008, and lost the final..

Comment

thank god, I hate that bastard!
                      classless as a player and human! always dives, argues with reft, bad mouths ppl..

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                      CITY

Comment

lool boateng took revenge for germany rejecting him

oh well ballack is overrated xavi is 10 times better

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                          thank god, I hate that bastard!
                          classless as a player and human! always dives, argues with reft, bad mouths ppl..
                          how do you now he's bad as a human and besides he is reasonable for why he argues whit the ref lol

Comment

I sympathize with him. CL and WC finalist without medals. This was his last chance .
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                            And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by iranforlife View Post
                              how do you now he's bad as a human and besides he is reasonable for why he argues whit the ref lol
                              cant u see that? I know people. just the fact he elbowed demicheles and didn't even ask about him says enough.

He's someone who only thinks about himself, he thinks he's greater than the rest. Arrogant, selfish..

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                              CITY

Comment

Working...
                              X