Diego Milito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
    Forwards: Lionel MESSI, Gonzalo HIGUAIN, Carlos TEVEZ, Diego MILITO, Sergio AGUERO, Martin PALERMO

Comment

and their soorakh defense?
      milito, demichelsi, samuel, heinze, burdisoo
      not to forget their coach
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
        he already picked him. here's final 23 squad list
        Goalkeepers: Sergio ROMERO, Mariano ANDUJAR, Diego POZO
        Defenders: Nicolas BURDISSO, Clemente RODRIGUEZ, Martin DEMICHELIS, Ariel GARCE, Gabriel HEINZE, Nicolas OTAMENDI, Walter SAMUEL
        Midfielders: Jonas GUTIERREZ, Javier MASCHERANO, Juan Sebastian VERON, Angel DI MARIA, Mario BOLATTI, Maxi RODRIGUEZ, Javier PASTORE
        Forwards: Lionel MESSI, Gonzalo HIGUAIN, Carlos TEVEZ, Diego MILITO, Sergio AGUERO, Martin PALERMO
        UNFUCING BELIVEABLE

Heinze, Veron, Palermo and no Cambiasso and Zanetti

Comment

i would predict that he get veryl little game time during the WC. Maybe in a third group game when Argentina is through a start. Unless that he is a sub at least. Argentina plays with 2 strikers Higuain and Messi. First Sub is Carlos Tevez.

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
            easy, because both suck for argentina. Maradona for all of his faults, isnt a complete idiot. Cambiasso and zanetti are 2 players who always done amazingly well on the club level but have rarely transfered that form to the international level. Tim vickey of the bbc really discussed this quite well on the BBC radio.
            How can they suck now? They are in the form of life, and deserve to be picked.

Wasn't Cambiasso the best Argentianan player with Rodriguez in the 2006 World Cup??
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

GENOA FC youth squad baby...italian football rules!

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                How can they suck now? They are in the form of life, and deserve to be picked.
                Wasn't Cambiasso the best Argentianan player with Rodriguez in the 2006 World Cup??
                there is a difference between playing well for your club team and playing well for your national team. Before maradona came on board, Argentina had won like one game in 8 qualifiers. They were playing awful football and cambassio was one of the worst players. He, for whatever reason, doesnt play well for argentina. As for 2006, other than the serbia smackdown and maxi rodridguez's goal against mexico, what do you honestly remember about that argentina team? One should also point out that that was 4 years ago.

Another thing i think these people (who are pushing for zanetti and cambassio) are not considering is the impact that mourinhio has. He, like many managers, really makes certain players play better because of a certain systems they employ. Alexander hleb was great at arsenal and has done Eff all elsewhere because he isnt employed in the same type of system.
                The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

your totally right! look at all of these italian players that started for Inter Milan!:

oh and can't forget:

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

your totally right! look at all of these italian players that started for Inter Milan!:

oh and can't forget:

+1
                      just when you thought Inter showed italian football's strength you find they dont even have any italian not even the coach...

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

What a season it has been for Inter Milan's Argentine striker Diego Milito and what a pleasure it is to be proved hopelessly wrong about him.

Three years ago in the Copa America, Milito replaced the injured Hernan Crespo and was so ineffective that coach Alfio Basile decided he would rather play without a target-man centre-forward. Milito returned to make a few appearances in World Cup qualification, but again made little impression.

Argentina manager Diego Maradona seemed to have given up on him when, chasing the game against Brazil last September, Milito was brought off the bench only to fluff a couple of chances in a 3-1 defeat.

He looked so ordinary for Argentina. How, then, had he scored so many goals for Genoa? A year ago I had the chance to ask this very question to one of his former team-mates, Brazilian goalkeeper Rubinho.

Diego MilitoMilito celebrates after scoring against Chievo during Inter Milan's Serie A football match in Milan

Milito, he told me, was perhaps not quite in the class of Argentina's other forwards and although he was good, he was greedy. He was not good at combining with other strikers and to operate effectively he needed to have the play set up for him.

In the light of this analysis, we agreed that he would probably struggle at Inter Milan, but 30 goals later - big, decisive goals - it is clear that we were very wrong. Or rather, I was. To my mind, Rubinho's point of view still holds.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has set up his team in such a way that Milito, like Drogba at Chelsea, is king of the front line, with Samuel Eto'o withdrawn to a deeper role on the right. As Rubinho saw it, given a tactical formation built around his strengths, Milito has thrived.

My mistake, based on what I had seen for Argentina, was that I thought he was too ordinary to deliver at the highest level, even given such favourable circumstances.
                        It is always nice to be proved wrong when someone exceeds your expectations - certainly much more so than when the opposite happens.

The value of Milito's short running stride was perfectly illustrated by the second of his goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

He generated the pace to beat Daniel Van Buyten to the left, but was quickly able to get in position for a right-footed cross-shot. Both that and the first goal, when he waited for his moment with impressive calm, bore the hallmark of a striker full of confidence.

And no wonder. Not only has he won the Champions League, he is also going to the World Cup. A few months ago it looked unlikely but, with all those goals for Inter, the striker has taken a giant leap on to the plane to South Africa.

He may also have given the Argentina squad something of a problem. They now seem to have an excess of number nines.

Gonzalo Higuain is first choice, although he will be feeling the pressure from Milito and will be hoping to do well in Monday's friendly at home to Canada. And Maradona has persisted with his Martin Palermo fixation, including the lumbering 36-year-old striker as a substitute to be brought on when his side are desperate for a goal.

Three centre forwards, plus Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero make a total of six strikers in his 23 and inevitably leaves the squad short of cover in other areas, like central midfield.

Juan Sebastian VeronThere are doubts that 35-year-old Veron wil last the pace

Especially, there is a lack of cover for Juan Sebastian Veron, the man Maradona refers to as "my Xavi". Veron no longer has quite the dynamism of the Barcelona man, but his passing over distance is better - in midweek he set up a goal for Estudiantes in a Copa Libertadores quarter-final with as fine a diagonal ball as you could wish to see. The old warhorse is in good form but he is 35, and may struggle to last the pace.

Javier Pastore is inked in as Veron's deputy and the elegant youngster is an outstanding prospect. He has adapted surprisingly quickly to Italian football, and makes the point that after a year at Palermo the defensive side of his game and his tactical awareness are greatly improved. He is at his best, though, higher up the pitch than the role filled by Veron. Maradona has surely left himself short of options in terms of genuine all-round midfielders.

Many would argue that Esteban Cambiasso should be in the squad - on the basis of his club form rather than his displays for Argentina, because he was not missed by anyone when Maradona dropped him. I would prefer Ever Banega of Valencia or Fernando Gago of Real Madrid but certainly one of three should be in.

Having three number nines, though, means that some other area is bound to be light.
                        It is worth it? Palermo is a gamble. At his age can he really score goals at the highest level? And despite his club form, so is Milito. Argentina's system and personnel are different. So far Milito has been unable to combine with Messi. Can he suddenly learn to do so now?

I have my doubts but, then again, I have been wrong before - and when it comes to Diego Milito, very wrong indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvicker...m_vickery.html
                        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                          What a season it has been for Inter Milan's Argentine striker Diego Milito and what a pleasure it is to be proved hopelessly wrong about him.

Three years ago in the Copa America, Milito replaced the injured Hernan Crespo and was so ineffective that coach Alfio Basile decided he would rather play without a target-man centre-forward. Milito returned to make a few appearances in World Cup qualification, but again made little impression.

Argentina manager Diego Maradona seemed to have given up on him when, chasing the game against Brazil last September, Milito was brought off the bench only to fluff a couple of chances in a 3-1 defeat.

He looked so ordinary for Argentina. How, then, had he scored so many goals for Genoa? A year ago I had the chance to ask this very question to one of his former team-mates, Brazilian goalkeeper Rubinho.

Diego MilitoMilito celebrates after scoring against Chievo during Inter Milan's Serie A football match in Milan

Milito, he told me, was perhaps not quite in the class of Argentina's other forwards and although he was good, he was greedy. He was not good at combining with other strikers and to operate effectively he needed to have the play set up for him.

In the light of this analysis, we agreed that he would probably struggle at Inter Milan, but 30 goals later - big, decisive goals - it is clear that we were very wrong. Or rather, I was. To my mind, Rubinho's point of view still holds.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has set up his team in such a way that Milito, like Drogba at Chelsea, is king of the front line, with Samuel Eto'o withdrawn to a deeper role on the right. As Rubinho saw it, given a tactical formation built around his strengths, Milito has thrived.

My mistake, based on what I had seen for Argentina, was that I thought he was too ordinary to deliver at the highest level, even given such favourable circumstances.
                          It is always nice to be proved wrong when someone exceeds your expectations - certainly much more so than when the opposite happens.

The value of Milito's short running stride was perfectly illustrated by the second of his goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

He generated the pace to beat Daniel Van Buyten to the left, but was quickly able to get in position for a right-footed cross-shot. Both that and the first goal, when he waited for his moment with impressive calm, bore the hallmark of a striker full of confidence.

And no wonder. Not only has he won the Champions League, he is also going to the World Cup. A few months ago it looked unlikely but, with all those goals for Inter, the striker has taken a giant leap on to the plane to South Africa.

He may also have given the Argentina squad something of a problem. They now seem to have an excess of number nines.

Gonzalo Higuain is first choice, although he will be feeling the pressure from Milito and will be hoping to do well in Monday's friendly at home to Canada. And Maradona has persisted with his Martin Palermo fixation, including the lumbering 36-year-old striker as a substitute to be brought on when his side are desperate for a goal.

Three centre forwards, plus Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero make a total of six strikers in his 23 and inevitably leaves the squad short of cover in other areas, like central midfield.

Juan Sebastian VeronThere are doubts that 35-year-old Veron wil last the pace

Especially, there is a lack of cover for Juan Sebastian Veron, the man Maradona refers to as "my Xavi". Veron no longer has quite the dynamism of the Barcelona man, but his passing over distance is better - in midweek he set up a goal for Estudiantes in a Copa Libertadores quarter-final with as fine a diagonal ball as you could wish to see. The old warhorse is in good form but he is 35, and may struggle to last the pace.

Javier Pastore is inked in as Veron's deputy and the elegant youngster is an outstanding prospect. He has adapted surprisingly quickly to Italian football, and makes the point that after a year at Palermo the defensive side of his game and his tactical awareness are greatly improved. He is at his best, though, higher up the pitch than the role filled by Veron. Maradona has surely left himself short of options in terms of genuine all-round midfielders.

Many would argue that Esteban Cambiasso should be in the squad - on the basis of his club form rather than his displays for Argentina, because he was not missed by anyone when Maradona dropped him. I would prefer Ever Banega of Valencia or Fernando Gago of Real Madrid but certainly one of three should be in.

Having three number nines, though, means that some other area is bound to be light.
                          It is worth it? Palermo is a gamble. At his age can he really score goals at the highest level? And despite his club form, so is Milito. Argentina's system and personnel are different. So far Milito has been unable to combine with Messi. Can he suddenly learn to do so now?

I have my doubts but, then again, I have been wrong before - and when it comes to Diego Milito, very wrong indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvicker...m_vickery.html

i love tim vickery's stuff. Was one of the first people to bring attention to Messi; great analyst that actually knows what he is talking about.

Comment

oh and can't forget:

still a team who plays in serie A and the reason they are so strong even mourinho said that, he said thanx to italian football for strengthening his team

same team who schooled bayern, barely beat shitty sienna 1-0 few days b4 and they got away with a penalty

and yes there are only 4 italians in inter; materazzi, toldo, santon and balotelli but the rest of them like cambiasso, zanetti, pandev have played in italy, under italian style of football for YEARS...

Comment

right! thats his club career...his youth squad days were in genoa, that is why he is loyal to them and said he will always go back to genoa

Comment

i love tim vickery's stuff. Was one of the first people to bring attention to Messi; great analyst that actually knows what he is talking about.
                                He knows alot of things about south american football. It's a great read @ times.

Comment

Working...
                                X