The Asian Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asian Football Discussion Thread

Just thought of making a thread to discuss football going on outside of Iran in Asia. Spain narrowly beat Saudi Arabia 3-2 thanks to a last minute goal. Japan are currently 1-0 up against England. Phillipe Scolari has left Uzbek side Buyakhor.

PARK JI SUNG COULD RETIRE BEFORE 2014 WC to give youth a chance

From goal.com

Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung has admitted that this summer's World Cup could be his last one with South Korea.

The 29-year-old is set to appear in his third World Cup this year and thinks by the time the 2014 tournament rolls around it might be time for younger players to be driving the side.

"I haven't decided the date but in 2014 my age will be 33," he told The Guardian.

"It is good for the national team if the young players grow up quickly and it may be that I can't start with the national team. That's why I think this World Cup is my last."
    Park is of course the most high-profile player in the South Korean squad, and he admits that he does feel the pressure of expectation at times.

However, any player from Old Trafford becomes used to the burden of expectations and Park is just delighted to be fulfilling a boyhood dream to play for his country.

"Of course, I'm just a person; I feel pressure from outside and all the expectations.

"But I am happy because when I was young I wanted to be a national team player and now everyone expects me to show more. I am very happy."

The United man also hopes that football can help bring the two Korean republics competing in South Africa closer together.

Tensions have been high recently after South Korea accused North Korea of sinking one of its ships in March.

However, Park's goal against Iran in qualifying did much to help the North reach the World Cup, with several Northern players hailing the strike in the media.

"It will be interesting. I will watch the North Korean games," Park revealed.

"North Korea and South Korea speak the same language and actually we are the same country.

"It's the first time when both teams go to the World Cup. Their group is very tough but North Korea is a difficult team to beat and difficult to score against as they showed in qualification. I want to see how they deal with the best teams in the world.

"Football can produce something more than we expect and maybe we can get closer to North Korea through the World Cup."

Please watch and Subscribe:

i really hope that japan and south korea will advance from their WC group it would benefit all asian Teams and also iran if asia will be stronger so in the future maybe TM will also be stronger
    sigpic
    -----------------Haghighi--------------------
    Montazeri---Hosseini--Sadeghi---Pouladi
    -----------Neko-------Ando------------------
    -----Dejagah--------------Jahanbakhsh---
    -----------Azmoun---------------------------
    ---------------------Gucci-------------------

Comment

thnks to japan,skorea asian football is recognized worldwide

Comment

FULL Time 2-1 to England two Japan Own goals.

In other news in Asia:

Qatar:

Ex-Portsmouth striker Aruna Dindane moves to Qatar Source BBC:

Two ivory coastern internationals moving to qatar :O

Other News from Qatar

EPL Wigan captain Mario Melchoit could be moving to Qatar:

Wigan captain Mario Melchiot is set to join Qatari club Umm Salal. From the Daily Mail (British Newspaper)

The former Chelsea and Birmingham defender is out of contract after failing to agree new terms with manager Roberto Martinez.

Mario Melchoit, the latest addition to the Qatar League.

Melchiot, 33, could team up with former Chelsea coach Henk ten Cate at Umm
        Salal.
        Looks like Qatar are getting stronger, and they an't signing players that are really off their peak either. I am surprised Kone has gone to Qatar.

Comment

Belarus beat South Korea 1-0

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...orld-cup-warm-

I remember Iran playing Belarus in Azadi to a 2-2 draw with the Khatibi bicycle kick goal lol

Comment

We created the international football forum exactly for this purpose. I know it's not as much frequented as here, but let's use this to promote it again.

Thread moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
              We created the international football forum exactly for this purpose. I know it's not as much frequented as here, but let's use this to promote it again.

Thread moved.
              Yeah true but seeing as this thread was made for asian football and asian football impacts a lot on Iran seeing as we are in the confederation and can link to future ACL opposition etc.

Comment

Working...
              X