Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rio Ferdinand out of the World Cup!

Bad news for England..

I know he may have not been in his best, but this player always stands up in big games and big tournaments. It will be a huge blow for England.
    Gerrard will be captain.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

What a shame. Another star misses the WC. This tournament is losing stars everyday. I read that Drogba broke his elbow earlier today and that he might miss the tournament.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
    And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
      What a shame. Another star misses the WC. This tournament is losing stars everyday. I read that Drogba broke his elbow earlier today and that he might miss the tournament.
      Drogba also looks certain to miss the World Cup. Kolo Toure and Sven have raised their thoughts, and it doesn't look to good.

Two captains are out of the World Cup..

Only positive is that you are allowed to bring a replacement, so Michael Dawson(deserves it), will be joining the England camp in South Africa in 12 more hours. If you get injuries during the tournament, you cannot call a player up, but this was the FIRST training session, and Rio got injured by a tackle from Heskey.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Dawson has had a good season with Spurs this season, but he's no Rio
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

flickr

Comment

Dawson has had a good season with Spurs this season, but he's no Rio
          Yeah. I'm gutted for Rio!

Ledley King can play beside Terry, but that guy's knee is crooked, and can hardly play consecutive games. Looks like Charragher and Terry may play, and I don't mind that. Both are good leaders in the pitch. King may get a shout , because at one point, he played 4 games in a row for Spurs. I guess he would play the first two games with JT, and 'rest' King for the last game providing England are already through.

However, Heskey should be careful that he doesn't injure another defender again !

Comment

Yeah. Reminds me of WC 2002 when Sweden's captain Patrick Andersson (former Bayern Munich captain and Barcelona player) missed the tournament due to a self-imposed injury on one of the last training sessions before the first game against England.

flickr

Comment

wow, let's have a guess of who'll miss the tournament by tomorrow morning.

my bet is De Rossi, Ineista, and Ribery

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                wow, let's have a guess of who'll miss the tournament by tomorrow morning.

my bet is De Rossi, Ineista, and Ribery
                Please don't add Rooney to the list !

Comment

Anyone have a complete list of injured players who won't make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Parsa View Post
                    Anyone have a complete list of injured players who won't make it?
                    As far as I know:

England:
                    David Beckham
                    Rio Ferdinand

Ivory Coast:
                    Didier Drogba (most likely)

South Korea:
                    Kwak Tae-Hwi

Still Torres & Fabregas are not 100% fit, despite Fabregas playing vs Korea.

Thats all I know, im afraid.

Comment

Yeah. Reminds me of WC 2002 when Sweden's captain Patrick Andersson (former Bayern Munich captain and Barcelona player) missed the tournament due to a self-imposed injury on one of the last training sessions before the first game against England.
                      or when canizarez broke his foot because he dropped a bottle of after shave on it lol

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                        As far as I know:
                        England:
                        David Beckham
                        Rio Ferdinand
                        Ivory Coast:
                        Didier Drogba (most likely)
                        South Korea:
                        Kwak Tae-Hwi
                        Still Torres & Fabregas are not 100% fit, despite Fabregas playing vs Korea.
                        Thats all I know, im afraid.
                        NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kwak Tae-Hwi? WHY HIM?

Comment

As long as Tulio will play WC, the show will go on lol.. Im going to record every game he plays..
                          11 Juli: Marcus Tulio Tanaka will be the top scorer of WC with 12 goals in 3 games, (11 in the own net)..

>>>>>/ Dont care if Rio misses WC, just hope Drogba will be fit and play. His importance in the games of Ivory Coast cant be compared to Rio who can be replaced.
                          Last edited by Keshwardoost; 06-04-2010, 10:47 AM.
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
                            NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kwak Tae-Hwi? WHY HIM?
                            He's knee also got injured.

Comment

im not laughing at the injury of rio btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X