Pub staff all change name to Wayne Rooney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub staff all change name to Wayne Rooney

The entire staff at a pub in Yorkshire have changed their names to Wayne Rooney for the duration of the World Cup.

All 15 staff members at the Bay Horse in East Ardsley have changed their names to the England striker, while the pubs owners - Lee and Lorraine Kennedy - have changed their names to that of England manager Fabio Capello.

"The managers wanted to do something so we all sat down and decided to do this," 23-year-old Wayne Rooney, who used to go by the name Joanne Hill, told Sky News.

"It's to show our support for England and show how much we're behind them.

"They (the pub regulars) think it's ace. They shout Wayne and we all turn around. They love it and think it's really funny.

"It has not been a hassle at all - we could change birth certificates and driving licences but because it is only temporary nobody is going to."

All the name changers now have certificates from the UK deed poll service to prove their new identities but they will revert back to their old names when the World Cup ends.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

That's pointless.

Comment

legally changed there name or just on the nametags?

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        I think just nametags.
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

LOOOOOOL

only in Yorkshire (the 'Texas' of England).

Comment

Hussain you shouldnt read news about places where they drink Alcohol, its makrooh and mayel be Haram

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
              Hussain you shouldnt read news about places where they drink Alcohol, its makrooh and mayel be Haram
              Can you please just grow up? I'm fed up of you lot taking the piss when I haven't provoked any of you. What the hell do you want from me?

Comment

^you cant drink alcohol? LOL damn you're missing out on life!

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                  its legal...

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Rooney hasn't scored since March 30th lol

Comment

I feel sorry for them that their only hope is Rooney. The villain in wc2006.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                        Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                          Rooney hasn't scored since March 30th lol
                          Scored today lol

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                            ^you cant drink alcohol? LOL damn you're missing out on life!
                            What a shallow minded view. Why does an individual need a drug to find personal fulfillment in life?
                            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                              What a shallow minded view. Why does an individual need a drug to find personal fulfillment in life?

Comment

Working...
                              X