Pub staff all change name to Wayne Rooney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
    What a shallow minded view. Why does an individual need a drug to find personal fulfillment in life?
    Its not about finding personal fulfillment, I dont think anybody here drinks alcohol for that go spread your conservative drugophobic bullshit somewhere else man.

Comment

Oooookay... too much hype over a player who's been average at best on international level...

Players like him, Messi, Lambard, Drogba, Anelka (and the list goes on) are only good because at the club level they're surrounded by quality players who give them the support they need to shine... they never shine in the World Cup... very few have in fact consistently performed at cluba nd national team level (Ronaldo, Zidane, Pirlo...)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perspolisi View Post
        Oooookay... too much hype over a player who's been average at best on international level...
        Players like him, Messi, Lambard, Drogba, Anelka (and the list goes on) are only good because at the club level they're surrounded by quality players who give them the support they need to shine... they never shine in the World Cup... very few have in fact consistently performed at cluba nd national team level (Ronaldo, Zidane, Pirlo...)
        Are you serious? Rooney was top goalscorer for England in 2004, and if it wasn't for injured, England would've had a great chance. that was when he was a teenager.. 25 goals in 60 international games is not 'average'

The players you have listed:

- Messi.. only one WC before, and he was around 18 at that time.. wasn't even a regular starter.. this year, he's on confidence and will shine.. today was evident, just didn't score, but was brilliant

- Rooney.. was injured in '06, and came back and was played lone-striker, which he found difficult.. now he is coming back of a great season, and can play the lone-striker..

- Drogba has also been to one WC before, but he always does well for Ivory Coast.

- Anelka?? This is his FIRST World Cup.. don't know how you can criticise him.

From the names, Messi and Rooney CAN and MIGHT shine @ this WC. If your saying Rooney is surrounding by quality at Manchester United? Where is it? Because the only polish that was from Manchester United this year was Wayne Rooney.. [and im a manchester utd fan]
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
          Its not about finding personal fulfillment, I dont think anybody here drinks alcohol for that go spread your conservative drugophobic bullshit somewhere else man.
          Firstly, please learn to phrase your sentences with a little more respect for your fellow posters. If you disagree with what I say, tell me why. Ad Hominem attacks have no place in a civilized discussion.

Firstly, if you are unable to derive implications from statements, then that is not my problem. That was clearly the objective implication of Asghar Agha's statement.

Secondly, I am not 'spreading' anything. In fact, I am responding to another individual's attempt to impose what he believes to be correct on other individuals. I didn't say that everyone should refrain from the consumption of alcohol, I was stating that the consumption of alcohol is not a mandatory norm or means of achieving fulfillment. I choose not to drink it. That right should be respected. Alcohol, when considered from Kant's Second Formulation of the Categorical Imperative, is not exactly a drink that leads to moral fulfillment. I would not purposely impair my judgment through the consumption of a drug. Also, I don't need to consume a drug to be happy.

Go and read on some of the effects that Alcohol has on societies and populations. It's a terrible drug, albeit one which has been accepted by social norms. I don't tend to view social norms as definitive of what is or isn't correct. I try to apply logic.
          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
            Firstly, please learn to phrase your sentences with a little more respect for your fellow posters. If you disagree with what I say, tell me why. Ad Hominem attacks have no place in a civilized discussion.
            Firstly, if you are unable to derive implications from statements, then that is not my problem. That was clearly the objective implication of Asghar Agha's statement.
            Secondly, I am not 'spreading' anything. In fact, I am responding to another individual's attempt to impose what he believes to be correct on other individuals. I didn't say that everyone should refrain from the consumption of alcohol, I was stating that the consumption of alcohol is not a mandatory norm or means of achieving fulfillment. I choose not to drink it. That right should be respected. Alcohol, when considered from Kant's Second Formulation of the Categorical Imperative, is not exactly a drink that leads to moral fulfillment. I would not purposely impair my judgment through the consumption of a drug. Also, I don't need to consume a drug to be happy.
            Go and read on some of the effects that Alcohol has on societies and populations. It's a terrible drug, albeit one which has been accepted by social norms. I don't tend to view social norms as definitive of what is or isn't correct. I try to apply logic.
            Damn man you're over-analyzing what i said. You need to chill, calm down, relax a bit........maybe have a drink?

Comment

Working...
            X