No announcement yet.

England World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think england have the huge advantage of playing algeria first, cos i beleive they have the most goals in them, so if england win lets say 5 nil, althought the americans could match that, they psychologically would just take 2nd place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
      i think england have the huge advantage of playing algeria first, cos i beleive they have the most goals in them, so if england win lets say 5 nil, althought the americans could match that, they psychologically would just take 2nd place.
      I hope so..

however, we need to score early, and attack more. I think Gerrard will play on the left, and Barry/Lampard in the middle.. Bring Joe Cole in the second half too...

The service has to be better for Rooney, and if you play Gerrard in the left, then Rooney will like it more. In Manchester United, Nani and Valencia were very vital for Rooneys goals.. Lennon has poor crossing ability and SWP is not the greatest either.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

shervin.. its good that your an england fan..
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
          I don't know about germany either (we still want our revenge from the quarter finals in 2002), but gives us more reasons to try to win the group. We want our 7 points, more than england want theirs. Our scoring ratio is a bit higher (then again we did play some weaker teams). If a team like Italy can get so far into the world cup and win it, how is it so farfetched for the states not to even get to the semi's?
          Because a team like Italy is the 2nd most sucesful footbaling nation in history of football, 2nd only to brasil. the italians havewon it more than germany, argenitna.... Whereas a team like USA has best players who play for fulham and struggle to start for evertone, and have people in their squad who play for clubs such as watford.

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
          shervin.. its good that your an england fan..
          hahaha, you and the help of a few others and myself have made it reach friken 10pages

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
            I don't think either of us want to face germany, thats the bottom line.. theres going to be a fight for first. You guys want your 7 points as do we..
            of course..
            however, I think England have more firepower in their attack to damage the goal-difference. I'm not sure how USA will do vs teams like Slovenia who will be difficult to break and stubborn in defence?

Comment

Wayne Rooney press conference:

- Did you see the N.Korean Wayne Rooney?
              - No.
              - He played yesterday.
              - No I haven't heard of him.

Then when they asked him about disclipinary problems.

- Everyone in the team has said Capello has spoken to you abt your tempreament.
              - No, thats not true, last time I got booked for England was 2 years ago.

class!

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                Because a team like Italy is the 2nd most sucesful footbaling nation in history of football, 2nd only to brasil. the italians havewon it more than germany, argenitna.... Whereas a team like USA has best players who play for fulham and struggle to start for evertone, and have people in their squad who play for clubs such as watford.hahaha, you and the help of a few others and myself have made it reach friken 10pages
                Having seen Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and John Terry on a regular basis, there's little chance the American were intimidated..
                Well lets pause for a second, 86 percent of our team plays in europe (only four of the 23 players on the U.S. team play at home). All for average to above average clubs. AC Milan, Villareal, Fulham FC, Rangers, PSV Eindoven, Bolton Wanderers, WestHam, Hull, Greek leagues I dont even know the names lol of etc etc.. Most our players play in your league..and most of them start except for a couple. in fact All three U.S. World Cup goalkeepers play in the Premier League, with Howard joined by Wolverhampton's Marcus Hahnemann and Brad Guzan, the backup to former American national team goalkeeper Brad Friedel at Aston Villa. Even Keller before he retired. Our team is ABOVE average on paper alone... add the team chemistry and what do you get? you get explosive power.. you got a bunch of mediocre to above average players that capitalize.. dont underrate is what im asking. we have team chemistry that no team in the world has (yea i guess im bragging)

Italy got RIDICULOUSLY lucky in the WC. The USA got f"ked in the game against Italy where we tied 1 - 1.. another scenerio the States should of capitalized.. we scored a second goal that was shot by Demarcus Beasley, That was considered offsides when It really wasn't. The Italy Australia game was another game of pure luck. France vs Italy final, dont get me started. My point is that Italy wasn't as strong as they really were, but they got to where they needed to be. No reason to just say "I doubt this, I doubt that" I mean heck, Anything can really happen. And for the England Algeria game, I say 3 - 0 to england.

Comment

Keyan , I have to admit, your very optimistic. The mian reason why I cannot see USA getting past the 1/4 final, is the lack of experience in big games in your sides..

If you compare it with Italy, they have had players winning Champions League/Serie A/playing in big games, so they can handle the pressure and expectations, plus had an expereinced coach in Lippi.. However, in USA.. You have Howard who has played few Champions League games for United, and didn't impress. Dempsey playing in an Europa league final? You have players playing for average teams, Onyewu may be for AC Milan, but hardly starts..

The point I'm trying to say, is that despite people not predicting USA to go far, it does not make any difference, because there is not enough in the USA team to show me they can realistically win it.

However, Football is a funny game, and stranger things have happened before. Good luck..

Regarding the England game, there has been alot of talk if Defoe will start alongside Rooney. I would defintely play Crouch/Defoe besides Rooney, because they tend to score vs the lesser sides. We need goals.

England players just arriving in Cape Town today.

Comment

I have a feeling England will play better on Friday and beat Algeria comfortably.

Any chance of seeing David James in the goal?

What changes do you anticipate in the line up?if any.

Comment

well capello has hinted thatgareth barry will start.

he may play 4-5-1 with barry and lampard holding midifeld, gerard behind rooney with lenon on the right and god knows who on the left.

But there is talk that if it remains 4 4 2 that jermain defoe could play instead of heskey.

Also, its unclear who will be left wing whichever the formation is because he played milner suprisingly then subed him of for wright philips. Could be either of the two or could be joe cole which would be the best thing imo.

EDIT: goalkeeper also uncertain. IMO joe hart is the man. The other two suck.

Comment

--------------------------------Hart------------------------------------
                        ---Johnson-------Carragher-----Terry------Cole------------
                        ------Cole-------Barry----------Lampard----------Gerrard---
                        ----------------------Rooney--------Defoe-----------------------

That's what our lineup needs to be...Cole's really our only real wing..I don't know why he's not playing over players like SWP.

Comment

Glen Johnson is gonna run wild tomorrow

if Capello stops being a pus and plays offensively and allows him to bomb forward

Comment

cappelo need to gerrad to central mid/AM position and let terry hang back and cover for the DM and then make occasional runs forward to take advantage more space for his great outside shooting ..!
                            Rooney will shine the next game..!! he is criticized a lot but he played well enough against the states..!! it was the midfield which was in complete shamble and their wing defenders choking under pressure in that game..!!

Comment

England are seriously up sh*t creek now. Yet again, we see how the English public so easily fell into the trap of media hype, arrogance, and disrespect for opposing teams.

Comment

the players are too arrogant, even after the game, steven gerrard was being ****y. they need to realize that they are not the best team in the world lol

Comment

Working...
                                X