England World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England World Cup Thread

This thread will contain every day news from training camps, every england game, and press conferences. All breaking news from the England camp will be posted here first by HuSsAiN

Watch this space.

Joe Cole was relatively confident that he would start, wouldn't be too surprised.

Tommorow England will train with Ledley King most likely to do gym/swimming work. Milner should be back after a temperature.

My line- up for saturday would be.. James, Johnson, King,Terry,Cole, Lennon,Gerrard,Lampard,Joe Cole, Rooney,Heskey..

however if we progress through, then Barry will be in the mix, and we may play Rooney as lone striker.

COME ON ENGLAND!
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

I'm supporting England and Ivory Coast throughout the World Cup but I don't see England getting past Brazil in the semi-finals. England will most likely beat Germany to finish third.

Comment

this is our year. its been long overdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
        this is our year. its been long overdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        you guys said that in 2006! and also in 2002?

you can't score an early goal and pull out your striker and bring in a defender to beat a team like brazil (but now i guess you guys might have the firepower to do it without pulling something similar to a Japan/South Kor 2002)

the USA vs England game shall be a GREAT game.. I just hope Altidore is healthy.

I'm only worried about us placing 2nd and playing germany (which we could possibly beat)

Australia and Ghana can BRING IT ON!

Comment

no england, argentina!!!!!

Comment

Go England!

Comment

latest news on ashley cole and john terry affairs with their ex-teammates lol

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
                you guys said that in 2006! and also in 2002?
                you can't score an early goal and pull out your striker and bring in a defender to beat a team like brazil (but now i guess you guys might have the firepower to do it without pulling something similar to a Japan/South Kor 2002)
                the USA vs England game shall be a GREAT game.. I just hope Altidore is healthy.
                I'm only worried about us placing 2nd and playing germany (which we could possibly beat)
                Australia and Ghana can BRING IT ON!
                In 2006, we were relying on the results of Rooneys injury too much. 2002 - we missed the likes of Neville and Gerrard who were key starters. In 2010, we have Ferdinand injured, but he is replaceable. Plus we have a manager with a winning mentality, no disprespect to Sven, but he would be scared to attack at times. He would not gamble on anything.

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                latest news on ashley cole and john terry affairs with their ex-teammates lol
                lol.. azizam, please stop trying to cause disunity within the camp!

Todays Capello conference will be interesting. He has to tell us who's going to start in goal.

Hart - a great season, good shot-stopper, and very confident.. however very little international expereince.

Green - A tough season, but still had 8 cleansheets. Was involved with some qualifying games for England, and usually does well. Made fantastic saves vs Mexico.

James - The most expereinced. Has played in a major tournament before while the others haven't. Much bigger than the other two, and I would prefer him to start.

It is between James and Green for me.

King will train tommorow with the team, as he continues his training problems.
                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

ENGLANDS TEAM COACH:

Comment

i think this is englands last chance for glory. there best generation of players is finishing...

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                    Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                      i think this is englands last chance for glory. there best generation of players is finishing...
                      apart from Rooney,Lennon,Johnson,Hart, etc..

we also got a young side, but its the end of era for likes of Lampard,Gerrard,Terry,James (however theres euro 2012)

COME ON ENGLAND

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                        Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

I heard Wengers interview on SSN. He spoke alot of sense about Rooney.. For once I agree with him!

Todays England training camp is behind closed doors, so no-one sees whos in goal.

Comment

Skipper Gerrard PRESS CONFERENCE LIVE NOW!

Will bring updates on what he said.

Comment

this may slightly irelevant, but goal.com has reported that joe cole is pretty much a gooner.

Comment

Working...
                              X