No announcement yet.

England World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half the teams overweight... terry, lampard, johnson etc.

Ive always said to people (not on here) rooney wouldn't perform at this wc.. and i was right.

england wont beat slovenia, and they wont advance to the knock out round.

Comment

For one I am not an England fan. But what I cannot deny is the individual quality with the team. What is surprising to me is that except for one or two, all EPL managers are english. So why does England opt for a non-english coach at the national level?

I know te same can be said for Iran TM, but the english coaches are actually good and they really fit well with the individual style.

Now, I also like to echo what Beckenbaure said yesterday. There was some truth in that and today England could use some of that advice.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
        What is surprising to me is that except for one or two, all EPL managers are english. So why does England opt for a non-english coach at the national level?
        Because they have had a long and illustrious history of disastrous English managers since the early 1990's - Graham Taylor (Turnip), Terry Venables (although they did reach the semi final of euro 96, he was later McClaren's assistant manager which ruined his reputation), Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan, Steve McClaren are all deemed as FAILURES!!!

Comment

cole - lampard - barry - lennon
          ---------------gerrard
          --------rooney

this is how they need to play. maybe trade lampards position with gerrard. wtf does capello see in heskey??

Comment

These teams in Group C will play next Wednesday at the same hour.

Who will go through between USA and England if all matches below are draw with same goal difference?
            1-1 ,2-2, 0-0, Etc.

Group C
            Slovenia VS England

USA VS Algeria

This is how they stand now:

---------MP---W---D---L---GF---GA---PTS
            Slovenia--2----1----1---0---3-----2---4

USA------2---0----2---0---- 3---- 3---2

England---2----0---2---0----1-----1---2

Algeria----2----0---1---1----0-----1---1
            Last edited by leviathan; 06-18-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
              the players are too arrogant, even after the game, steven gerrard was being ****y. they need to realize that they are not the best team in the world lol
              i assume the asterix was co.ck. How was he ****y? This is not an attack but a genuine question. Is it cos he said this was a world cup final for algeria? Not sure what he meant by that, that england are so good that this is their final or often the world cup itself is refered to as the finals to distinguish it between qualifications.

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
              These teams in Group C will play next Wednesday at the same hour.

Who will go through between USA and England if all matches below are draw with same goal difference?
              1-1 ,2-2, 0-0, Etc.

Group C
              Slovenia VS England

USA VS Algeria

This is how they stand now:

---------MP---W---D---L---GF---GA---PTS
              Slovenia--2----1----1---0---3-----2---4

USA------2---0----2---0---- 3---- 3---2

England---2----0---2---0----1-----1---2

Algeria----2----0---1---1----0-----1---1
              hahaha adrian giles joked about that. Apparently, if usa draw 2 2 and england draw 00. They will pick 2nd place out of a hat believe it or not. lol.

EDIT: but after equal goal diference it goes most goals scored for.
              Last edited by leviathan; 06-18-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

When compared to the true world powers, English football is an ugly red-headed b!tch of a step child. Can we stop over-hyping these underachieving losers once and for all, and just realize that they are an eternally 2nd rate national team?

Comment

this team is disappointing

Comment

They can still win the WC cant they?
                    They just need a need against Slovania to confirm their place in last 16 or else they go out

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

I will be an honest England fan, hold up my hands high, and admit the result + performance = DISASTROUS.

What went wrong??

-Formation...
                      We’ve been playing 4-4-2 all the time in Capellos reign, It will work vs. the minnows, but even in the freindlies vs. the top sides, we have struggled with it. There is a distance from the midfield and the front two, and this makes Rooney drop off. When Rooney drops off, you lose one key player in the attacking third, and the whole team system fails.

Going back to the formation. How many of our players actually play in a 4-4-2 for their clubs? The defence is the same, and was decent enough. Lennon plays RW for Spurs. Barry and Lampard play 4-3-3- respectively for their clubs, and Gerrard plays behind the striker these days for Liverpool. Rooney SOMETIMES plays with a partner upfront, however that partner is Berbatov who drops off, and Rooney plays behind the shoulder of defender. For England, Heskey is the one leading, and Rooney drops off. You’re not going to get the best out of Rooney.

- Selection of players...
                      I thought the line-up was good; however the subs that were brought on were quite poor. Yeah, we needed to score, that explains why Crouch and Defoe came on, but we LACKED CREATIVITY in the final third. We needed that little guile or trickery from Joe Cole or Milner. Where is Joe Cole? Seriously... This guy is the most technically gifted player in the squad with Rooney and Gerrard. Don’t you lot remember few years ago, Pele said that Joe Cole plays like a Brazilian and the only one with flair in the English side?

-Lacklustre passing. I don’t know what the problem was. The pressure? The nerve? I really don’t know. Players that have the ability to pass the ball with their eyes closed were struggled to find a teammate within 5 yards. Really disappointing. The players that were so confident vs. USA were struggling, the likes of Johnson and Gerrard.

-Rooney.
                      Something’s wrong. Thats not the Wayne Rooney I know. He’s having a very poor tournament. He’s either not mentally ready or physically injured. He wouldn’t go into the 50-50 challenges. I know there’s a lack of service from the wingers, but I would still expect Wayne to do better. When a pass was poor to him, he wouldn’t try to meet the ball; he was a frustrated figure in a very poor side.

Rooney play poor = England play poor.

What do we have to do now??

-Today, the players are not training. They all have a day off and relaxing, because its a day after the match. From tomorrow, Capello should take this 4-4-2 formation away, turn to 4-5-1, start Joe Cole, and Gerrard behind Rooney. This way, you have two very good natural wingers in Joe Cole and Lennon, and Gerrard just behind Rooney, with Lampard and Barry there. This would also cut down the long-balls that were still played to Heskey at times.

- Heads up. I know it’s doom and gloom, but the destiny is within our hands. We have to win. No excuses. Capello knows that this is his toughest task, Slovenia is no easy team, but we need to perform better with injection of confidence within the side. I expect Capello to do something, and he admits he may have to change few formation or players.

Only positives from the game were David James who done what was required. Great handling skills, and good distribution. Jamie Charragher made vital tackles, and Barry was his usual self. The rest were below-par.

To all the fans that booed the players, you’re a DISGRACE. I don’t care how much distance you’ve travelled. I don’t care who you think you are. I know it’s your own opinion, but the last thing the players need, is when the fans turn against you. I know it’s hard, but you have to LIFT the players. We need to get behind the team.

I am disappointed like all England fans, of course I am, but I would still put my 100% loyalty to the team, even if we get out in the group stage.

ENGLAND TILL I DIE!
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Leaving Theo Walcott out of the side was a huge mistake.

Comment

did you see Rooney saying at the end of the game he was walking to the dressing room: "Nice to the the home crowd booing you, thats what royal support is all about".
                          He mistaken it with the vuvuzelas i think.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                            Leaving Theo Walcott out of the side was a huge mistake.
                            I'm not too sure about that. Lennon and SWP both have the same trait as Theo. Bags of pace. Lennon and SWP got a better end product than Theo. However, when Lennon was being subbed off, I would've prefered Milner or Joe Cole. When one thing is not working, you don't replace it with same type of player.

Joe Cole's footballing brain and trickery could've helped England unlock Algerias defence.

I just hope this is a bad blip for England, and they bounce back. In 1986, they lost the first game, and drew to Morocco the second game, and needed to win the last game. They did win Poland thanks to a goal from Linekar..

It will be an interesting few days in the England camp.

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                            did you see Rooney saying at the end of the game he was walking to the dressing room: "Nice to the the home crowd booing you, thats what royal support is all about".
                            He mistaken it with the vuvuzelas i think.
                            No, shayan.

Some English fans were booing the the players off the pitch.

Here's the video:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8749232.stm
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Yeah, thats true.
                              this is when rooney said it
                              I think the england fans deserve an honest apology from english players after 2 shameful performances.so far.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

They have got an apology.

Crouch and Barry have all come out and said 'fans pay alot of money for the games, and they are entitled to their opinions'.

Gerrard and Terry have also admitted the poor performance.

I'm afraid, words are nothing. Actions speak louder. It's the NEXT game which will be VITAL for England if they want to progress, and the players need the fans backing.

Wayne Rooney has too much pressure to carry England, and he needs the other so called 'world-class' players to help him. He has to step up, but also the others should.

Comment

Working...
                                X