No announcement yet.

England World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England suffer from the same issue Spain have, with the big clubs and rivalry of the big club teams, creates disunity and tension between the national team players and fans. Spain have always had this problem with Barca-Real and only in Euro2008 they finally seemed to put aside these issues as the players were much more mature and united.
    England suffer from the same problem despite huge talent, these guys like rooney, gerrard, lampard, terry,...are all big stars in europe in their clubs but they cant do in NT.

Also agree with bekenbuqer saying Itlaian approach of capelo doesnt suit the english style.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
      England suffer from the same issue Spain have, with the big clubs and rivalry of the big club teams, creates disunity and tension between the national team players and fans. Spain have always had this problem with Barca-Real and only in Euro2008 they finally seemed to put aside these issues as the players were much more mature and united.
      England suffer from the same problem despite huge talent, these guys like rooney, gerrard, lampard, terry,...are all big stars in europe in their clubs but they cant do in NT.

Also agree with bekenbuqer saying Itlaian approach of capelo doesnt suit the english style.
      I don't agree with the first bit of your post. There is no disunity and tension with the players. In fact, the English players all good mates with each other, despite what clubs they are.

When Manchester United played vs Barcelona, Gerrard even texted Rooney + Ferdinand ' good luck ' , and thats unexpected from a Liverpool skipper. It shows they're a good bond within the players. Trust me.

Yeah, the problem is, they cannot capture their club form to their National team. Nemidoonam chera..
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

^
        so many egos within the team.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^
          so many egos within the team.
          Possibly.

However, you would think a manager like Capello can rectify that? I always thought he's the type to stamp his authority on certain things,
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
            Leaving Theo Walcott out of the side was a huge mistake.
            as an arsenal fan, i thought initially it was the right call from capello. After watching algeria game, walcott was more essential than rooney gerard and lamps put together. The difference between him and SWP and lennon is that he is noticably faster than them, but is worse in other areas. He was exactly what was needed as a sub, or joe cole lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
              as an arsenal fan, i thought initially it was the right call from capello. After watching algeria game, walcott was more essential than rooney gerard and lamps put together. The difference between him and SWP and lennon is that he is noticably faster than them, but is worse in other areas. He was exactly what was needed as a sub, or joe cole lol.
              Joe Cole was so needed. Walcott may have been at the right areas(behind the defence), but he's clueless with the ball. SWP can beat players, but still was poor a cameo again.

I want a reaction from the players.

Comment

It always disturbs me when the Fans bring up how much money they have spent to travel to south Africa and other expenses to support their team.

Interstingly enough the English national teams brings it up too as Hussain pointed it out, saying that:

'fans pay alot of money for the games, and they are entitled to their opinions'.

You Never hear comments like this from French,Dutch,Germany ,Etc...Etc...

I know money is tight for some people but this is not a Circus act or a movie or Theater that you pay to go to and than BOO the Performers because "the show was not worth your Money".if you must Boo, Boo because they let your country down, not because you spent too much money.

Fans support and love their national teams because they have Pride for their country. It is like soldiers who fight for their country and give their lives to defend their country.

Soldiers should not fight for their countries because the government has paid a lot of money for their TANKS.

IT is like saying to your Army. Shame on you for getting defeated as we paid millions for Your military equipment!!!!!!
                Last edited by leviathan; 06-19-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Enghadr boogh shanidi too stadiumha ke Beckenbauer-e badbakhtam mesle boogh mibini ha?
                  Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

England deserved to be boo'd off the field. Shit performance. Its been a disaster of a world cup for them.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
                      England deserved to be boo'd off the field. Shit performance. Its been a disaster of a world cup for them.
                      Thats pathetic. No team deserves to get booed off.
                      Even if we lost 10-0 to the worst team in the world, I would never boo of my the side.

leviathan , thats a QUALITY post, probably one of the best posts I have read for a while.

Comment

Rooney apologises to the fans. Good on ya wayne.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8749761.stm

Comment

Rooney tarafo ye fasl kotak seft zade

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                            Keyan , I have to admit, your very optimistic. The mian reason why I cannot see USA getting past the 1/4 final, is the lack of experience in big games in your sides..

If you compare it with Italy, they have had players winning Champions League/Serie A/playing in big games, so they can handle the pressure and expectations, plus had an expereinced coach in Lippi.. However, in USA.. You have Howard who has played few Champions League games for United, and didn't impress. Dempsey playing in an Europa league final? You have players playing for average teams, Onyewu may be for AC Milan, but hardly starts..

The point I'm trying to say, is that despite people not predicting USA to go far, it does not make any difference, because there is not enough in the USA team to show me they can realistically win it.

However, Football is a funny game, and stranger things have happened before. Good luck..

Regarding the England game, there has been alot of talk if Defoe will start alongside Rooney. I would defintely play Crouch/Defoe besides Rooney, because they tend to score vs the lesser sides. We need goals.

England players just arriving in Cape Town today.
                            First of all. Onyewu Got injured the entire season If you remember correctly (a reason why he didnt start -.-) Shervin jaan was naming the lack of clubs united states players play at, so i named the clubs. Big European titles dont mean shit in the world cup, it's just how it is and always will be. It's about how well your team mends in together and how well they play together. Statistics can show alot, But team chemistry is a much more important factor Hussain jaan. You can't just have talent and a bunch of players who aren't used to playing with each other win games in the WC. Notice how your team tied Algeria and didn't beat them? There is a reason for that, your team lacks heavy chemistry (despite all the raw talent) your core is weak. This is something I've been trying to tell you guys this entire time. You guys got probably the best coach in the tournament too (the way i see it) so the problem isn't coaching either.. capello has had plenty of time to fix his team. a team like south korea or croatia didn't go to semi finals of the wc for no reason.. they had chemistry and thats what got them there. non of those guys won big trophies in europe. so please, don't tell me im optimistic..

We on the other hand were robbed... The USA Slovenia game, do you not agree that the united states scored 3 goals? It would been one of the greatest comebacks in WC history in groupstages.. but we were robbed.

But don't worry, we will kill algeria for you. And I do hope u guys manage to beat slovenia because I feel for your team as much as I hate brits

Comment

If you kill Algeria, then you could be first in the group, something I'm not yet prepared to give..

at this rate, I just want England to go through at any rate,

John Terry conference within half an hour.

Comment

I'm dissapointed by Gerrard. When the team is down, I expect him to come to the media and tell us whats wrong. Instead, it was JT (A natural born leader) who has come to the press conference today, and said tonight there will be a meeting where the players will give their thoughts to Fabio Capello and explain what went wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X