England World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1Heesham1 View Post
    exactly why i dont support england. Its gotta be said the players are very average (nothin to do with capello).. its their teammates that make them look good at club level.
    ^This.

The commentators here were talking about the same exact issue, that there's a lot of money involved in EPL and the big clubs buy foreign star players that make EPL look good, but the English younger players don't get the chance to develope. Most teams in Bundesliga on the other hand, don't have that big of a budget and instead, they try to use younger home grown talent. That's why Germany has been producing replacements for almost all of their players year after year, generation after generation since the 50's and the results are there to be seen. They are more than often in the advanced stages of any international competition, specially the world cup.
    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

the noncall was the best thing that ever happened to the brits. Now they can all blame their abysmal WC on the ref and get a free pass
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Just switched on Sky Sports News to see 'Cashley' Cole & Frank Lampard by the aeroplane laughing their heads and having a good time.

Those overpaid losers couldn't care less about representing their country. The only player who has ever really looked like he gave a sh*t about playing for England was David Beckham. And he was sadly injured this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
          Just switched on Sky Sports News to see 'Cashley' Cole & Frank Lampard by the aeroplane laughing their heads and having a good time.

Those overpaid losers couldn't care less about representing their country. The only player who has ever really looked like he gave a sh*t about playing for England was David Beckham. And he was sadly injured this time.
          Gerard was the only one that played with heart the rest of them are more concerned about their clubs and would rather go home early.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

It just occured to me:

THANK GOD ENGLAND DIDN'T GO THROUGH OR WE HAD TO LISTEN TO DAYS OF HAND OF GOD AND THE FALJKLAND WARS BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES.

THANK YOU GOD. THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR HAND IN NOT HAVING TO HEAR ABOUT HAND OF GOD AGAIN!!
            ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
            Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
            Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
            forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

btw I went to the official fifa fan festival in darling harbour in sydney for the first time its a nice place they have prepared for crazy football fans, so many english and germans there, mostly english obviously, they made a lot of noise but after the goal they shut down

I wonder why cappelo didnt use SWP or Lennon? Are they injured or what?

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

I have to admit. English players were really mediocre at best - except the very beautiful free kicks fro Lampard. Other than that there was no individual spark and no game plan.

At times it seemed like Germany can score anytime they want. I really hope England stops blaming others and make a significant change to return to the top stage.
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                  btw I went to the official fifa fan festival in darling harbour in sydney for the first time its a nice place they have prepared for crazy football fans, so many english and germans there, mostly english obviously, they made a lot of noise but after the goal they shut down

I wonder why cappelo didnt use SWP or Lennon? Are they injured or what?
                  SWP and Lennon have been given chances vs USA/Algeria, and both have struggled. They have great pace, but lack the end of product, that Milner may just edge out.

England were poor. Just shocking. I am the most biased fans, and even I can't defend them this time.

Can't be bothered to analyse the game, because we were second best into everything. Ah well, thats football

After the game, I saw a German fan with his friend. This was how the convo went

German fan: Did you see the game?
                  Me: Yes, very poor by the English.
                  German fan: Yeah.
                  Me: Where you from?
                  German Fan: Brother.. I am from international!

After he said that, i heard him speaking to his freind the german language.. so I told him..

Me: Look.. you sound German..
                  German fan: Yes.. I know, but I don't want you to hit me or anything.

I was like.. erm no, i wouldn't, then I saw he had blood marks on his head, and the English fans ripped his shirt.
                  I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                    Hussain shahid shod?
                    It takes me a day to get over bad results

You lot are over-exaggerating in saying that the foreign players make the english players look good in EPL.. Utter rubbish.
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid87571505001?bctid=104430345001

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                        SWP and Lennon have been given chances vs USA/Algeria, and both have struggled. They have great pace, but lack the end of product, that Milner may just edge out.
                        England were poor. Just shocking. I am the most biased fans, and even I can't defend them this time.
                        Can't be bothered to analyse the game, because we were second best into everything. Ah well, thats football
                        After the game, I saw a German fan with his friend. This was how the convo went
                        German fan: Did you see the game?
                        Me: Yes, very poor by the English.
                        German fan: Yeah.
                        Me: Where you from?
                        German Fan: Brother.. I am from international!
                        After he said that, i heard him speaking to his freind the german language.. so I told him..
                        Me: Look.. you sound German..
                        German fan: Yes.. I know, but I don't want you to hit me or anything.
                        I was like.. erm no, i wouldn't, then I saw he had blood marks on his head, and the English fans ripped his shirt.
                        yeh english hooligans and all hooligans are complete dicks. When turkey beat england awhile ago they burnt down loads of turkish takeaways.

what he says is spot on. Even when i watched it live i wasnt sure if it had passed or not. When i was at anfield in the foruth row, when the ball was on the other side, i couldnt see the line so i would never know if it was a throwin or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                          yeh english hooligans and all hooligans are complete dicks. When turkey beat england awhile ago they burnt down loads of turkish takeaways.
                          what he says is spot on. Even when i watched it live i wasnt sure if it had passed or not. When i was at anfield in the foruth row, when the ball was on the other side, i couldnt see the line so i would never know if it was a throwin or not.
                          that might also have to do with the history between the two (leeds fans killed in turkey in 2000) but yea english are pretty big dicks but not the worst by a large margin

the lack of heart and determination shows, heck people loved ripping on beckham for his obvious celebrity like appeal but the man gave it his all representing england..i wonder how the national media is reacting to their elimination, anyone from england know? i do know the press loves to demoralize the NT..
                          Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                            that might also have to do with the history between the two (leeds fans killed in turkey in 2000) but yea english are pretty big dicks but not the worst by a large margin
                            the lack of heart and determination shows, heck people loved ripping on beckham for his obvious celebrity like appeal but the man gave it his all representing england..i wonder how the national media is reacting to their elimination, anyone from england know? i do know the press loves to demoralize the NT..
                            England and Turkey have a bad rivalry, in terms of football. I remember English fans were treated badly in the 0-0 draw at Istanbul, when Beckham missed a penalty, and things have gone worse..

Well.. I could tell you, the press are putting the english players down, and rightly so, after a very poor world cup.

Comment

Osama bin Laden has just released a new TV message to prove he is still alive. He said England's performance on Saturday was completely appalling.
                              British intelligence have dismissed the claim, stating that the message could have been recorded anytime in the last 44 years.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X