Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

offside explanation(mexico vs south africa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

offside explanation(mexico vs south africa)

I was just watching this video and I saw this interesting comment, what do u guys think about it?

Clearly offside. When the goal keeper came out beyond Mexico's player, even with the SA player at the post, it put the Mexican player offside. The rule states that offside is achieved when an offensive player is closer to the goal than the second to last defender and the ball ... because they are assuming the keeper is the last defender. So when the keeper came out, essentially, the SA player at the post takes on the keeper's role as last man putting the Mex. player offside.

yep, It's correct. If the goalkeeper goes forward, then the last defender eventually plays as a 'goalkeeper' role , and the goalkeeper/other defenders will be the people on the line. The linesman got it spot on, I was really impressed that the linesman got it. I think he was from Kazakhstan or Turkiministan.

Great decision.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

thank you, i knew there was a technical explanation to this and i just didnt know what it was, now i understand

and i was wondering why it wasnt being spoken about as much as i thought it should be, but now it makes sense

Comment

Could the guy on the line have used his hands to save it? Since technically he was the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
          Could the guy on the line have used his hands to save it? Since technically he was the goalie.
          No, because then technically anyone could become the goalie for a second and just touch the ball heh.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
            As answered by zandi , he cannot touch the ball with his hand.
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

i was watching the game with my mexican friends and they thought that was a bad call, i really did not know so i could not say one way or another, but i will let them know about the this technical detail. interesting thanks
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

happens all the time on the fifa game lol.

Comment

Working...
                X