No announcement yet.

Jabulani ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball is fine. green is the main problem !

Comment

no, the ball is not fine. play with it, and youll know.

Comment

a ball is a ball, its round and you can shoot it.
        grass is grass, its green and you can run on it.

Comment

There is always *****ing about the ball every world cup..! Why can't they just change the cosmetics of the ball rather than changing the whole flight and feel and construction of the ball..!??
          I can't help it siding with the players on this issue. ..!
          It's really annoying playing with a new ball and having to adjust your game and shot around the flight of it all over again..!
          It certainly takes away from the overall quality of the games every world cup ..! I think the same ball that is used throughout the qualification should also be used at world cup..!
          It's all caused by the greedy FIFA, separating the wc from the wcq and issueing new exclusive licence for companies to purchase for the official WC Ball !

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            There is always *****ing about the ball every world cup..! Why can't they just change the cosmetics of the ball rather than changing the whole flight and feel and construction of the ball..!??
            I can't help it siding with the players on this issue. ..!
            It's really annoying playing with a new ball and having to adjust your game and shot around the flight of it all over again..!
            It certainly takes away from the overall quality of the games every world cup ..! I think the same ball that is used throughout the qualification should also be used at world cup..!
            It's all caused by the greedy FIFA, separating the wc from the wcq and issueing new exclusive licence for companies to purchase for the official WC Ball !
            capitalism at its finest....

Comment

a ball is a ball, its round and you can shoot it.
              grass is grass, its green and you can run on it.
              lol

Comment

at the highest level, it makes a HUGE difference. Its like saying the playing on a hilly pitch shouldnt make a diference. Though this ball is alot less swirvy than the germany one, can you not remember the goals going in? The only problem this ball has is that it bounces tooo high.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                  at the highest level, it makes a HUGE difference. Its like saying the playing on a hilly pitch shouldnt make a diference. Though this ball is alot less swirvy than the germany one, can you not remember the goals going in? The only problem this ball has is that it bounces tooo high.
                  The bouncing is a problem, because when a player switches the ball to the wingers, it always bounces over the head.. it stops the flow of the game.
                  I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

and take a look at the corners taken so far. 70% of the corners taken are going over every 1's head. a real dissapointment.

Comment

yeh good point^^^

Comment

This ball has been a disgrace.

Comment

i agree it is a bad ball, you put a bit of power and it skys high.

They should have released it to the teams a lot early so they can get use to it.

Comment

Every major international tournament seems to have it's criticism of the newly designed football.

But to me this new ball, the Jabulani, seems to be under far more (negative) criticism than ever before.

To me, a football is a football, is a football. But, there are lots of players, goalkeepers and attackers alike, that have had some strong opinions against this thing.

IMO there should be one ball and no such adjustments for Major tournaments. This is an occasion supposed to show case the worlds football talents. Why then throw in a factor that can possibly deter that and put players out of their element? I don't see the sense of it. I want to see shots and free kicks going into the far corner not because the players are lucky with the unexpected swerve of the ball but because they know what they're doing and have the quality to do it
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

IMO there should be one ball and no such adjustments for Major tournaments. This is an occasion supposed to show case the worlds football talents.
                              agreed...imagine the outrage if the nba made the ball bouncier for the finals or the nfl made the ball lighter for the super bowl. I know my last post in this thread makes the arguement that it really isnt too much of a problem, but i think its really dumb to keep changing the ball like this

Comment

For me there has to be something up with it - all the crosses are going high, all the corners and free kicks have been poor, and we've had 3 long range efforts that might have done something in 17 games of football. Never understood why they ditched the Adidas Tango, now that was a great ball! When you watch a game, you can see by the bounce how different it is as well as not really seeing a well weighted lofted pass. Then theres the altitude at certain games, that will make, making long balls even more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X