X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    Wow..!
    I wonder who were they cheering for??
    There seemed to be far more English fans than the yanks in the stadium..!
    I agree with you on chances of USA going further than England and also as i said TIM Howard is Awesome...

Are you still Drunk from the Bar ?

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
      Rob Green was over confident (along with rest of the English Team) and they paid the price.

USA did a good Job of neutralizing Rooney as he is a very dangerous player.

If green had not effed up, I think USA would still find a draw.

I think Fabio Capello had some wrong starters and his choice of substitutions were not the best.
      the England goal by captain Gerrad was nice,

Sorry but crouch was not the best substitution.

Come on Fabio! You just bring a tall player in to score with a header and that is your strategy?
      I am sorry, but I disagree with your point about overconfidence. He didn't spill that shot because of overconfidence. He did it because of anxiety/nervousness from the immense public pressure. I knew something wasn't quite right when I saw the look on his face in around the 30th minute when altidore had that weak long distance shot. His facial expression just showed how nervous he was. Same thing with Millner. He was nervous and he had two bad fouls and a yellow card. Capello did the right thing by taking him out. He probably would have been sent off otherwise.

The problem with the English fans (and I think we suffer from the same problem) is that they are so passionate about their national football team, that they suffer from bipolar disorder. A player has one good game and he is the god of football and then all of a sudden he has one bad game and he doesn't even deserve to play professional football anymore. This is the World Cup and naturally, your every movement is under the microscope, but for these poor bastard english players, its a hundred times worse. If you are relatively new to the national team and you are not used to all the pressure, it can be tough to handle everything. That is what you saw today.

Comment

Rob Green was over confident (along with rest of the English Team) and they paid the price.

I think Fabio Capello had some wrong starters and his choice of substitutions were not the best.
        the England goal by captain Gerrad was nice,

Sorry but crouch was not the best substitution.

Come on Fabio! You just bring a tall player in to score with a header and that is your strategy?
        I don't think Green was overconfident. BBC showed him before the match, and he was very,very nervous.

I would've brought Joe Cole, and played Gerrard behind Rooney, and tried something. SWP was a big mistake. We've learnt from the freindlies that SWP/Lennon aren't effective in the left, only Joe Cole is.
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Simply... What happened was that England scored the first goal and were happy about it, and then they layed off... Rooney didn't recieve too many good balls and the few he recieved he was covered up by 2, 3 american players.

Thats the truth... (Not mentioning the part where green ****ed up)

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
            Simply... What happened was that England scored the first goal and were happy about it, and then they layed off... Rooney didn't recieve too many good balls and the few he recieved he was covered up by 2, 3 american players.
            Thats the truth... (Not mentioning the part where green ****ed up)
            Atleast someone makes sense..

Rooney didn't recieve the best of service from Lennon and SWP. He was innefective. Heskey was good, because defence were just pumping it to him, and he can deal with it. I don't want England to do that anymore. We got more than good enough players to pass the ball to feet. Give the ball to Lennon and let him roast the left-back. I was impressed by Johnson, he's confidence will be sky-high now. I just hope Ashley Cole attacks more too, because Donovan was keeping him more defensively.
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
              Overall, I think that the draw favored the USA far more than England.
              Yup, very much so did. One U.S. paper printed "USA WINS WITH 1-1 OVER ENGLAND", we're so much happier with a tie than England is.

Over-confident or very nervous, but agree and agree. No one talks about this but at the 70th minute or around that area, the U.S. had a break with a 1 on 1 opportunity and we got a very dirty foul from England with an arm to the neck and in front of the player, yet no call.

Originally posted by Ali View Post
              anyone catch this at the begining?
              Haha I saw this at the beginning and was wondering wtf????

Comment

Thank you for your information guys (Hussain and Members from england/europe).......

I thought England team as a whole was overconfidant, apparaently Green was nervous based on the interview you guys saw and i did not.

If he was so nervious he should not have been in Goal. David James should have been in Goal.

There is nothing worse than having a nervous Goal keeper.
                Last edited by leviathan; 06-13-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

If he was so nervious he should not have been in Goal. David James should have been in Goal.
                  No, he should have been in goal, that was perfect, great for Team USA

Comment

Thank you for your information guys (Hussain and Members from england/europe).......

I thought England team as a whole was overconfidant, apparaently Green was nervous based on the interview you guys saw and i did not.

There is nothing worse than having a nervous Goal keeper .
                    My absolute pleasure.

I'm not sure about the whole overconfident things. How can you really tell? I thought some players were trying to be over-expressive like SWP and failed. Gerrard played with confidence, but was very good. Making tackles, working hard, winning the balls in the middle.. A real Captain Marvel performance.

Green was nervous, because it was only few hours before kick-off he knew that he was playing. I guess thats Capellos method. Green has only played few games @ competitive level (only 4 at qualifiers) and few freindlies vs average teams.. however, this is his first tournament.

James has been in Euro 2004, and has got vast experience, but he had a slight knee injury this week, therefore Green was prefered..

Now James seems FULLY fit, does he drop Green?? Hmm..
                    Last edited by leviathan; 06-13-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

^^^Here in USA,they showed us some short interviews with several English players such as Rooney and Gerrard before the match (with USA reporters)and they were sure they were going to beat USA.They kept saying they are the favorites to win and they will.
                      Last edited by leviathan; 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

^^^Here in USA,they showed us some short interviews with several English players such as Rooney and Gerrard before the match and they were sure they were going to beat USA.They kept saying they are the favorites to win and they will.
                        Well, even the USA players would think that England were favourites. However, favourites is only based on the team-sheet, what happens on grass is what really matters.. and the draw was happened.

England felt they had the ability to win, but they weren't so confident. I don't think they took USA too lightly either.

Comment

I still think many English Fans,players and The english commentators here in USA were too confidant.

The English commentator basically did not give too much credit to US for their performance and attributed the bad result to English team not playing their world class football. He was basically saying if we are supposed to win the world cup we have to play 100 times better than this.(like we just had a bad day)

He thought the Draw was 90% because England did not play well and 10% because USA played well.

Do you see now why i think English Team,most of the fans and some so called experts think they are over confidant and may be arrogant?(green excluded)

Comment

Working...
                          X