[MD 9] FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 - NED vs. JPN /// GHA vs. AUS /// CMR vs. DEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleus View Post
    Greece are taller than Denmark but Korea beat them and won most of the aerial battles as well. Koreans are of course considerably taller than Japanese but the CBs are similar, I think.
    Someone said Tulio Tanaka was good in the air too.
    yes but greece suck compared to denamrk imo. Thought denmark did shit defending vs cameroun
    Originally posted by malleus View Post
    Why are you trying to make him sound Greek instead of Italian?
    His mother is of an Italian descent and I think that is where the name Tulio comes from.
    Born in Palmeira d'Oeste, Brazil to a second generation Japanese-Brazilian father and Italian-Brazilian mother, Tulio moved to Japan at age 15 to complete his high school studies.

from his wikipedia page lol. Yeh he is good in the air but two big CBs may not be enough for many players to mark in the box from set pieces. Also denamrk and greece have equal average hiehgts and they dont have someone in their starting 11 whos nearly 6 5.

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
      Thank you, but I don't feel sorry for myself.
      Dude one can of beer doesnt make you an alcoholic lets do this :P

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
        which experts?
        The ones at SBS said it was not a red and I agree, maybe a yellow but the hand ball wasnt intentional so it cant be a red card. BS.
        Also soon after that Ghana player should have been sent off for a late tackle from behind, thoroughly deserving of a red.
        not impressed by the decisions of the refs against Australia in the 2 games.
        now we go into the last game aginst serbia needing to beat them by 2-3 goals and hoping germany can smash ghana by a couple of goals.
        I'm not an expert myself in identifying Australian football experts, but it was from an Australian channel (I found it via iraqgoals.net, u-stream) and one of the "experts" there said that the ref call was correct.

And like I said earlier, even if it wasn't intentional, the ball hitting Kewel's arm was the reason the ball didn't go in, so I think the call was correct.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
          I used to be Ref...may be not for World Cup..but i went through 1 year of training.......even if that ball hit any part of his shoulder or arm and stopped the ball going in ..it was not intentional.

I have no affinity to Australia or GHana ...that was not right what that Ref called.
          I did not say it was intentional, actually I believe it was unintentional indeed. But that doesn't matter, since the ball didn;t go in after hitting Kewel's arm, which is a pk!

Whether it should be yellow or red, that I'm not sure about; I'm sure there are refs who would give him yellow, and some would red card him, it's a hard one.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            I did not say it was intentional, actually I believe it was unintentional indeed. But that doesn't matter, since the ball didn;t go in after hitting Kewel's arm, which is a pk!
            Whether it should be yellow or red, that I'm not sure about; I'm sure there are refs who would give him yellow, and some would red card him, it's a hard one.
            And some refs wouldn't give a PK, yellow card or red card.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Actually the referee of GHA/AUS match had two scenes at the same time to call for a penalty. Few seconds before the hand ball happend, look at this:

Formerly known as Persianking!
              Follow me @
              instagram/iranscout
              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

They should build a statue to Sorenson in the Danish capital. That man single handedly denied Cameroon 10 chances.

Comment

I'm not an expert myself in identifying Australian football experts, but it was from an Australian channel (I found it via iraqgoals.net, u-stream) and one of the "experts" there said that the ref call was correct.
                  And like I said earlier, even if it wasn't intentional, the ball hitting Kewel's arm was the reason the ball didn't go in, so I think the call was correct.
                  why do you watch on the internet. Doesnt dutch tv show the games live?

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                  They should build a statue to Sorenson in the Danish capital. That man single handedly denied Cameroon 10 chances.
                  lol the same man who gifted them the first goal and continued making stupid passes. He is an awesome keeper and i hope he joins arsenal but he was more at fault with the goal than poulsen.

Comment

Am i missing some thing here?
                    I am not just saying this to Amin..but other people who say it was a PK cause the ball was prevented from going in accidentaly.....

People who say:If the ball does not go in as a result of an uninentional hand ball it is a penalty.....That is not what i learned as Ref!!!!!
                    If the goal is blocked as a result of an unintentional hand ball ....nothing happens!
                    not even a yellow card....Has the FIFA rules changed?

This is right from FIFA Rules of the game:

A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten offences
                    for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while
                    the ball is in play.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
                    of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
                    careless, reckless or using excessive force:
                    • kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
                    • trips or attempts to trip an opponent
                    • jumps at an opponent
                    • charges an opponent
                    • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
                    • pushes an opponent
                    • tackles an opponent
                    A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
                    of the following three offences:
                    • holds an opponent
                    • spits at an opponent
                    handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
                    penalty area)

Therfore if you take a shot and hits the defender's hand accidently and it stays out of goal...nothing happens...Ball is in play.

If you take a shot and it accidently is blocked by referee or some ones hand or a loose dog(or a goat) running in the pitch....tough luck.....Ball is in play.even if it prevented an obvious goal.
                    Last edited by leviathan; 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

what your saying is incorect. If thats the case, only deliberate handballs are given which means its imposible for their ever to be a hand ball and a yellow not given. Until you quote fifa, im not going to budge lol.

Comment

if North Korea manage to get some kind of point from portugal tomorrow, either 1 or 3, I would buy a car flag of theirs.

pics will follow

come on Kim

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                          ...If the goal is blocked as a result of an unintentional hand ball ....nothing happens!...
                          You are absolutely right. The rules have not changed.
                          Unintentional handball is like a field condition. The ball may change the path but no one is at fault.

However "unintentional" here means completely "unintentional". And the rules are somewhat speicific as for the distance from the kicker etc.
                          In Kewell's case he did have time to react but he instead chose to take the risk. In other words he did not intentionally touch the ball but did not do enough to avoid it either.

I still think that the call was harsh and no call may have been the right call. I mean players would be too scared to do anything under these circumstances. That is not a sport.
                          Last edited by leviathan; 06-20-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X