The Mourinho Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mourinho Effect

In sports, just like in fashion, there are trends and there are trendsetters. If a coach or a team is successful using a specific tactic, other coaches try to "borrow" those tactics and apply a version of it to their teams. There is no doubt that Jose Mourinho is a defensive genius. His teams play organized counterattacking football and they often get favorable results. He has multiple european championships and league titles to his name to prove how great a coach he is. Although he is not a pioneer of counterattacking football, his success has had a ripple effect on the world of football. I can't remember seeing a world cup with so many teams playing so defensively. Outside of a couple of games here and there, the games have been disappointingly boring and far from the exciting, end to end action that I like to see.

Although there are certainly weaknesses in the Spain team, which were exposed in the game against Switzerland, I hope for the sake of beautiful and attack minded football that they win this world cup, because if a counterattacking team ends up winning it all, this trend will continue, which in my humble opinion, is not good for the game of football.

EDIT: Argentina, Netherlands, etc. would also work. I'm not singling out Spain here.

I am not a Barcelona fan, but today was a good day for the beautiful game (minus the scuffle at the end). As a fan, when I spend 2 hours watching a football game, I don't really care about the score. I just like to be entertained. Today, I have to say, I got my money's worth.

Comment

Mourinho's bus got crushed in an accident with a bulldozer.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

mourinho too like many others overrated his soorakh defense thinking he can follow his usual tactics with a bunch of overrated players at the back
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

kheyli zer mizani yashar!

seems like you got the memory of a gold fish.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post

I am a fellow Persepolis fan, but.....5-0 va 6-2 yadet nare!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
              I am a fellow Persepolis fan, but.....5-0 va 6-2 yadet nare!!
              i won't

Comment

the dellusional nima comparing 2nd place in CL with getting knocked out for the 6th consecutive time that too at the hands of olympic lyon who we raped 4-0!

like i said, desperate attempets by the soorakh supporter of the 2 most soorakh teams in history of football

lol now this soorakh supporter will bring every game which we lost as argument back
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post

the dellusional nima comparing 2nd place in CL with getting knocked out for the 6th consecutive time that too at the hands of olympic lyon who we raped 4-0!
                  like i said, desperate attempets by the soorakh supporter of the 2 most soorakh teams in history of football
                  lol now this soorakh supporter will bring every game which we lost as argument back
                  seriously you really shouldn't be calling anyone anywhere delusional(<thats how its spelt ) since its your middle name!

Comment

Actually in that game, Murinho used his solid defense to perfection while we had the soorakh defense. The problem is he doesnt have that formidable defense line anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                      Actually in that game, Murinho used his solid defense to perfection while we had the soorakh defense. The problem is he doesnt have that formidable defense line anymore.
                      solid defence cannot happen within months.

with Inter, it took a year to get a solid defence and organisation.
                      with Chelsea, he brought Carvalho and Ferriera with him from Port..
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                        solid defence cannot happen within months.

with Inter, it took a year to get a solid defence and organisation.
                        with Chelsea, he brought Carvalho and Ferriera with him from Port..
                        It doesnt change the fact that he doesnt have that solid defense anymore and he should look for other strategies when he is facing badass offensive teams like Barca.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                          It doesnt change the fact that he doesnt have that solid defense anymore and he should look for other strategies when he is facing badass offensive teams like Barca.
                          You didn't understand my point.

Carvalho and Pepe should work well together, considering they are national team-mates. Marcelo was a weak point, which wasn't a surprise that he got subbed off. He's got a good pace, and can overlap, but in defence, is a liability.

Also, the protection of the back four wasn't great. Alonso and Khedira are not mobile enough to deal with Barca one-touch fluiditity passing.
                          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Working...
                          X