Iran TM really missed an opportunity to shine in the WC2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran TM really missed an opportunity to shine in the WC2010

Watching teams like NZ and Aust play these crappy European teams like Greece, Slovakia, Serbia, France and even Italy or England, this was probably the best opprtunity for Iran to be in the WC.

Amongst all the teams I really can't believe New Zealand being even there. Despite their big heart and shear luck, their quality of football and individual techniques are really sub-par to the rest of teams in this tournoment (their GK excluded).

Khak to sar-eh "K@@n-Goshad "TM and the entire IFF for lossing to such shitty teams.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

i reckon we would have done well, maybe better than north korea because we have a few more leaders in our team, and to those who said we didnt deserve to go through we played quite positive football under daei, and if football matchces finished in 80minutes we would have finished top of our group. Lack of composure let TM down
    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

You would think that but no. If Iran qualified, they would have gone into the world cup with the unrealistic expectations of the fans and disappointed as usual. The only two people on our team that deserved to be at the World Cup based on their consistent performances during qualifying are Nekounam and Rahmati.

Comment

Why do we always have to bring Iran to it? Yes, some teams are under achieving and smaller teams are over achieving, but it does not mean Iran would be one of them putting shocks. There's no 'Ifs' and 'buts' in football. We didn't go through. We were poor in the qualifying. The only thing we can learn from this WC, is to keep possesion of the ball, and to play with some fighting spirit like the smaller teams have done.
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

we'd have gotten raped

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

we didnt deserve to be there but i agree in the sense that had we been there this would have been a great chance. if the big team in our group was italy or england or france or whatever maybe we got a shock point from them performing poorly not us being good. And then won one of our two other games. But we didnt really deserve it.

Comment

I think if we were in group C we might of had a chance (instead of USA) according to the draw.

But I don't think we would have been as good as korea & Japan. They look mature & stepped to the next level while are as we were 10 years ago if not worse.

The other thing, I think asia deserves 5 spots now after adding NZ & oceans with us.

2014 will be harder to qualify for, this one was easy as Iraq, China were out early & I don't think thatll happen next time.

I think Japan, S.Korea & Australia will take 3 spots which leaves the rest of the continent fighting for 1.5(2) spots, scary isn't it?

My biggest hope is the youth team from last year & out U21 that's gonna try to qualify to london 2012.

Fingers crossed & I hope the IFF wakes up.
              ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Wow. Another self-loathing thread about Team Melli's failures.

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
                  I think if we were in group C we might of had a chance (instead of USA) according to the draw.
                  But I don't think we would have been as good as korea & Japan. They look mature & stepped to the next level while are as we were 10 years ago if not worse.
                  The other thing, I think asia deserves 5 spots now after adding NZ & oceans with us.
                  2014 will be harder to qualify for, this one was easy as Iraq, China were out early & I don't think thatll happen next time.
                  I think Japan, S.Korea & Australia will take 3 spots which leaves the rest of the continent fighting for 1.5(2) spots, scary isn't it?
                  My biggest hope is the youth team from last year & out U21 that's gonna try to qualify to london 2012.
                  yeh i think china will be a threat next world cup for us to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
                    no it hasnt been confirmed that nz will participate in asia. as far as i know that they wont be changing the route to the world cup.
                    however if it is the case that nz will be added into asia, and the last addition of Australia to asia, tan YES, there should be 5 spots for 2014 world cup, it would be a shame if they still keep it the same,

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                      Watching teams like NZ and Aust play these crappy European teams like Greece, Slovakia, Serbia, France and even Italy or England, this was probably the best opprtunity for Iran to be in the WC.
                      Amongst all the teams I really can't believe New Zealand being even there. Despite their big heart and shear luck, their quality of football and individual techniques are really sub-par to the rest of teams in this tournoment (their GK excluded).
                      Khak to sar-eh "K@@n-Goshad "TM and the entire IFF for lossing to such shitty teams.
                      khodam jaan. yes they are not playing in style, but it was their game plan to play defense, how can you blame them for playing defensive?

i dont know how you are measuring their 'individual technique'? i think that if they drew to the world champions, you cant say their technique is sub par.
                      there defense were excellent, they were strong winning the aerial balls, how did you come up with the 'individual technique' statement?

i feel that you mention that they have sher luck because of the fifa ranking and they somehow managed to get a result,

Comment

Originally posted by shafeii View Post
                        khodam jaan. yes they are not playing in style, but it was their game plan to play defense, how can you blame them for playing defensive?
                        i dont know how you are measuring their 'individual technique'? i think that if they drew to the world champions, you cant say their technique is sub par.
                        there defense were excellent, they were strong winning the aerial balls, how did you come up with the 'individual technique' statement?
                        i feel that you mention that they have sher luck because of the fifa ranking and they somehow managed to get a result,
                        You're probably right ...

I still think they NZ were lucky and owe a lot to their brilliant goalkeeping. The WC2010 like any other sporting event looks for Cinderella stories and this time NZ has provided that.

As for their individual technique I am merely making a comparison with other teams in accuracy of passes and first touch ball handling. But this is just my subjective impression. Just ask yourself, how far do you want teams like NZ, DPRK, or SA advance? Would these make it a WC worth watching. Personally I rather watch the movie "Slum-dog Millionaire" agin.

Yet again, I may be a sore loser just whining because NZ is there and TM is not.
                        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

LOL France has now finished behind New Zealand.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X