[MD 16] FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 - (Last 16) URU vs KOR // USA vs GHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
    I don't think you can blame any of the goals by Howard. The defending was quite poor. Bocanegra was too vulnerable for the second goal.
    if it was any other weak keeper, perhaps you would have a case here..!?
    But in the first goal he was largly at fault for not covering his near post on the first goal ..!
    A win today woulda gone a long way towards estabishing soccer as a real Sport in this country..! But. Now they got to Wait for that opportunity Another 4 more years for such opportunity..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      Of it was any other weak keeper, perhaps you would have a case here..!?
      But in the first goal he was largly at fault for not covering his near post on the first goal ..!
      A win today woulda gone a long way towards estabishing soccer as a real Sport in this country..! But. Now they got to Wait for that opportunity Another 4 more years for such opportunity..!
      Hmm.. I would blame keepers that get beaten in the near post, but I don't think Howard expecting a shot, when a defender was there, and the angle didn't suit Boateng that much. It was a good strike.. but its definitely not a keeper error, and howard is not the one to be blamed.

USA won games as a team, and now they have to accept defeat as a team.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
        Hmm.. I would blame keepers that get beaten in the near post, but I don't think Howard expecting a shot, when a defender was there, and the angle didn't suit Boateng that much. It was a good strike.. but its definitely not a keeper error, and howard is not the one to be blamed.
        USA won games as a team, and now they have to accept defeat as a team.
        I am a bit drunk and irrational perhaps ..?!
        So I trust that u may just be right about that...!????
        + the fact that the stupid, redneck fans here were acting way too aarogant and chanting GHAN0ria..! Before the match..! :imbarrasing: which made me in a way...want the Ghana to win just to teach those aarogant asssholes a lesson..!

Comment

Comment

i was away from 55:00 to when the pen was given exactly. Was there many pen appeals during that time? If not, wtf are people talking about biased refereeing? The only case you have was that it should have been a red card. But where were the other pens? The time when altidore was through, he fouled the ghana player by clearly pushing him away with his arm rather than outmuscling him and then looked for a pen.

No red card was inly decision. But it could have easily changed the game hugely.

EDIT: supporting usa is a dilema, you want them to know how exciting the game is and for it to grow there but you dont want arogant americans being dicks thinking their best in the world. Also had they made it to semis it would just feel unfair that a country which doesnt really like football gets so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              Korea will make it through along with the Yanks..! although its gonna be a tough match for both..!
              I am rushing to downtown bar to watch the Yanks with the homies after the Korea game..!
              I'm a bit concerend about Ghana' size and physics ..! Although still rusty I think onyewoo should play in this game ..!
              dude you picked Celts to beat the lakers too!

Agha you are MONEY! I will see from now on you you'll pick and I will bet on the other team! can't miss
              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

200000 on germany

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                  200000 on germany
                  wrong thread. Demoted from admin to mod for one month due to unexpected spamming!
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                    wrong thread. Demoted from admin to mod for one month due to unexpected spamming!
                    Demote him to news staff....they can't warn any body!

I am going to give him a yellow card for posting in the wrong thread....UL ,next time pay attention...or 1 month ban.

Last edited by leviathan; 06-26-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                      Demote him to news staff....they can't warn any body!

I am going to give him a yellow card for posting in the wrong thread....next time pay attention...or 1 month ban.

lol, didnt know sherwin was a brotha!
                      Last edited by leviathan; 06-26-2010, 09:16 PM.

Comment

he spent too much time under the sun!

Comment

Hats off to the US MNT. We came up short today and thsi one is going to hurt, but the Americans have arrived. This is now the second world cup in three tries the US at least made it to the 2nd round(WC2002 3rd round, WC 2010 2nd round). It's sad to see them go down to the same team Ghana again but they were the better team.

We were playing chase football early on and that was the difference in the game. We also managed to get off to bad starts in every first half including the group games. Clearly though I can safely say that the US is a top 16 team.

Oh and someone please kick out that idiot coache's son #4 Bradley he sucks! He didn't do anything in the tournament and he does not deserve to be a starter let alone on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Persiantiger View Post
                            Hats off to the US MNT. We came up short today and thsi one is going to hurt, but the Americans have arrived. This is now the second world cup in three tries the US at least made it to the 2nd round(WC2002 3rd round, WC 2010 2nd round). It's sad to see them go down to the same team Ghana again but they were the better team.
                            We were playing chase football early on and that was the difference in the game. We also managed to get off to bad starts in every first half including the group games. Clearly though I can safely say that the US is a top 16 team.
                            Oh and someone please kick out that idiot coache's son #4 Bradley he sucks! He didn't do anything in the tournament and he does not deserve to be a starter let alone on the team.
                            ah, didn't you watch the game vs. Slovenia?

Comment

dude you picked Celts to beat the lakers too!
                              Agha you are MONEY! I will see from now on you you'll pick and I will bet on the other team! can't miss
                              lol
                              well to be fair all those picks were more wishfull thinking than calculated picks..!

Comment

ah, didn't you watch the game vs. Slovenia?
                                Hey if you ever watched the movie White man can't jump, "Billy boy Billy boy sometimes the sun shines on a dog's a$$ every now and then."

Sure he had a cute game agains Slovenia good job Slovenia is not that good anyways. He clearly does not belong to be the starter this is clearly a dad putting his son in as the starter.

Forget about Bradley though for a second the team really played well and I must tip my hat off to them Ghana just played better today. Hey there is nothing two twelve packs of Corona can't fix my friend. I'm already half way way through my 2nd 12 pack but I'm about to go to bed soon. Nothing like drinking your sorrows away.

Guys I've been drinking since 11:00 in the morning when th game started so it's not like I am on a drinking rampage.

Comment

Working...
                                X