No announcement yet.

[MD 16] FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 - (Last 16) URU vs KOR // USA vs GHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In its 3 first round games the US used all but 4 of its players (2 of them being goalkeepers): Hahnemann, Guzan, Spector and Goodson.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Altidore couldnt hit the side of a barn with a soccer ball this tournament, he was absolutely horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
        Altidore couldnt hit the side of a barn with a soccer ball this tournament, he was absolutely horrid.
        He's good at creating chances and he is still a raw player, but thaqt was horrific his miss against Ghana. That was almost Ali Daei against Angola bad.

KC brought up that US used all but four players, which is definately a good sign that the US team has enough depth. I wonder if the guys like Mic Jagger(sp), Bill Clinton, and Kobe Bryant being there in the game will make soccer cool in the US.

Despite the world cup fever soccer is like the step brother of sports in America because it still takes a back seat to American football, basketball, and baseball. I will say this much though, compared to when I was a kid, there are more opportunities for young kids to play soccer. I could of as well but I was more interested in football. Hey who knows perhaps my kids 10 years from now want to play soccer instead of football and basketball.

Jurgen Klinsman
        brought up an interesting point in the US mommy and daddy send junior off to a soccer club so that he or she can get a scholarship, not play professionally in Europe. That attitude and mentality needs to change and also he brought up how in the low classe areas basketball and football flourish, so we need the same for soccer in US. The next WC in USA can possibly be WC2022. Let's see how the US will develope their young players in 12 years.

* Next thing we need to do is adopt a philosophy and a style and stick with it. For instance you know Holland is goin to attack and Italy is going to defend. Also I don't know sometiems the US shows a style similar to the South Americans and other times they show a more of a European style. You don't know if they are going to go on the attack or defensive. Those are some things I think the US needs to change.

I digress though the US had a good team but I will say this again it was NOT THEIR GAME. You can't expect Michael Bradley to win it for you.

Comment

Donovan is getting serious interest fom Man city..! They should have no problem topping his 2 mil a year salary..!
          I predicted he would have a good wc and leave the galaxy & I was so hoping the karimi's possible move to galaxy would have materialized..! That woulda been so fking awesome..!

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
            Demote him to news staff....they can't warn any body!

I am going to give him a yellow card for posting in the wrong thread....UL ,next time pay attention...or 1 month ban.

loool, that's my brotha from anotha motha

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              Donovan is getting serious interest fom Man city..! They should have no problem topping his 2 mil a year salary..!
              I predicted he would have a good wc and leave the galaxy & I was so hoping the karimi's possible move to galaxy would have materialized..! That woulda been so fking awesome..!
              Donovan is a great player, he deserves to be successful. I was first impressed by him in WC 2002 in that game US won 3-2 against Portugal.

Comment

Unfortunately, our team lost to Uruguay on that day.
                Korea vs. Germany Video

Comment

DRcha,Are you in any of these photographs?

Comment

DRCha, Korean women are beautiful. repped

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                      DRcha,Are you in any of these photographs?
                      Nah. I'm the one who took pictures.

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                      DRCha, Korean women are beautiful. repped
                      Thanks for the rep.
                      Korea vs. Germany Video

Comment

Working...
                      X