Germany Vs England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany Vs England

This is one of the most exciting WC matchups. I've enjoyed watching these two teams batltle it out time and again at the world cup. Since the controversial win by the Brits in 1966, England have never beaten the Germans in any WC.

1970: Germany 3 - England 2
    1982: Germany 0 - England 0
    1990: Germany 1 - England 1 (Germany won on PKSO)

I think if England wants to win this encounter they should have an early goal and have the match dictated to the Germans as early as possible. I believe the Germans get stronger as the game progresses. And if by any chance the match goes to the distance, Germans will win in shoot outs.

Here's a little stunning fact about Germans when it comes to PK shootouts.

They have NOT lost a PK shootout in any competition since 1976 when they lost to Czechoslovakia. As a matter of fact NO German player had missed a penalty kick during the regulation or in the shootouts at any international level competitions anywhere until Podolsky missed his penalty against Serbia last week. This is one remarkable achievement.
    مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=88037

Comment

I watched the 1990 one also and this one was even more enjoyable!
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        I watched the 1990 one also and this one was even more enjoyable!
        It sure was. I think this was the most exciting ecounter between the two teams and by bar the best match of this world cup so far.
        مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

^yep
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

England is gonna win the WC..WoooHoooo..!

Comment

Originally posted by Farshad43 View Post
              It sure was. I think this was the most exciting ecounter between the two teams and by bar the best match of this world cup so far.
              The difference is that I had to stay up past midnight to watch the 1990 game and this time I had to wake up very early to watch it! can't a brother get a normal time game for once!?
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Sorry to say this and I know English fans have a hard time facing the truth, but England has always been the world's most overrated team in History. In 1966 they won their only international trophy at home and they actually scored a similar goal to this one today that wasn't a goal but counted then. Today justice was served after 44 years.
                It's turning out to be the perfect world cup as both Italy and England have been humiliated and sent home early

I've been a Germany fan since my childhood, but I really can't remember watching a more enjoyable German side than this one, they crushed and ripped apart a star studded, much more famous English side. I think it's time for the English media to stop blowing up their above average players and EPL into superstars, if they want to advance and have a realistic chance of actually winning something sometime.
                HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

GERMANY IS PURE ****N CLASS!!!

Comment

Just an observation:

Goals 3 and 4 against Australia were scored at the 67th and 70th minute
                    Goals 3 and 4 against England were scored at the 67th and 70th minute

Both 67th minute goals were scored by Muller

Comment

Mesut Ozil WOW I LOVE THIS PLAYER

SHOUT OUT TO SAMI KHEDIRA MY TUNISIAN BROTHER AND MULLER

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                        Mesut Ozil WOW I LOVE THIS PLAYER
                        SHOUT OUT TO SAMI KHEDIRA MY TUNISIAN BROTHER AND MULLER
                        I thought he was German, since you know...he plays for the german team

Comment

"I'd take Dostoevsky out to dinner; I'd leave Rand a fake number"

Comment

Well that was fast Daban

Comment

^lol

Comment

Working...
                              X