Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Japan and Korea, you made Asia proud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Japan and Korea, you made Asia proud!

Hey folks,

Sorry to open a separate thread for these 2 teams, but I thought they both deserved an appreciation thread for their beyond expectation display and brave performance. Both teams lost to their Strong and physical South American counterparts Uruguay and Paraguay in a very close game. Japan's loss in PKs was a pure heart-breaker.

You gotta give it to both these teams, fantastic team work, great fighting spirits and amazing stamina. Honda for sure belongs to good European clubs, I believe he currently plays in a Russian club.

Well done Japan, well dine Republic of Korea, I am proud of you and thank you for giving Asia's football a different dimension in such prestigious tournament!

My we deservedly and convincingly qualify to the next World Cup in Brazil and pull some amazing upsets against the world class teams, as odd as this may sound, but I truly wish we could achieve that!

Proof positive that there are no shortcuts to success..!
    they are both reaping the benefits of having well organized football federations who plan from the ground up and take no short cuts..!
    good showing for both, regardless of heatbreak exits..!

Comment

Its still good that Uruguay and Paraguay won, I am happy for their people, they really deserve this joy.
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

im sick & tired of appreciation our rivals. honestly i don't like both of them.
        you can call me jealous but i don't have any reason to appreciate them. even if they make asia proud!

Comment

Asia has won 9 WC games so far on neutral ground.
          How do you rank our victory over US?

My opinion.

1 - North Korea 1-0 Italy (1966)
          2 - Japan 3-1 Denmark (2010)
          3 - Australia 2-1 Serbia (2010)
          4 - Iran 2-1 USA (1998)
          5 - Saudi Arabia 1-0 Belgium (1994)
          6 - South Korea 2-0 Greece (2010)
          7 - Japan 1-0 Cameroon (2010)
          8 - Saudi Arabia 2-1 Morocco (1994)
          9 - South Korea 2-1 Togo (2006)

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
            My opinion.
            4 - Iran 2-1 USA (1998)
            Well i would rate the saudi arabia - belgium game higher than iran - usa.
            That belgium team in 1994 was really good
            they lost to germany 3-2 in the round of 16 with a huge mistake by the referee on germany's third goal in the end of the game

Comment

i thought they should have snuck through to the QF, both Korea & Japan

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post
                Well i would rate the saudi arabia - belgium game higher than iran - usa.
                That belgium team in 1994 was really good
                they lost to germany 3-2 in the round of 16 with a huge mistake by the referee on germany's third goal in the end of the game
                I wouldn't. As good as the Belgians were in WC 94, it was the scorching heat that beat them, and not the Saudis. Saudis won that match in a blazing 52 degrees celcius for your information. Not in a million years would the Saudis be able to beat the Belgian side had it not been for the extremely hot weather.
                مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

Comment

Im just so bitter they didnt make it to QF. They both deserved to beat Uruguay and Paraguay respectively. Im just happy they showed the world the power of Asian football that can compete with the best and even dominate and put them to shame.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                    My opinion.
                    4 - Iran 2-1 USA (1998)
                    Persianfire jaan,

I would definitely add the following crucial and great victories to the list above:

Comment

Originally posted by I Walk Alone View Post
                      im sick & tired of appreciation our rivals. honestly i don't like both of them.
                      you can call me jealous but i don't have any reason to appreciate them. even if they make asia proud!
                      you are true iranian.
                      i'm also depressed about their successful campaigns.
                      do you know we are the only major AFC nation who has never advanced to the next Round at the WC?
                      Even Saudi Arabia did it in 1994.

Comment

Energiyeh Japoni Haghe Mossalameh Asiast!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Well done to both of them, I supported all 4 like if it was Iran playing.

Let's not forget that Australia was out on goal deference & they played most of their campaign with 10 men.

As for north Korea they had no chance against the 3 teams they had to deal with & I'm sure they would have done better if they were in any other group.

As for the negative posts here! We are loving people not shallow & jealous, not congratulating your opponent is not honourable.
                          In the asian cup they are the enemy but when they represent 60 asian countries they are our ambassadors & we should fully be behind them.
                          ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

What makes me annoying is that Australia and Japan aren't football mad nations. Generally they really don't care about football. They are similar to the US and their best talents and money go to other sports (Australia: Aussie football, Rugby, cricket. Japan: baseball) but still they managed to show something at the WC.
                            Football is Iran's national sport and we have about 75 million people but our NT is a 2nd rated team even in Asia.
                            It shows how the current regime is hopeless!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              Persianfire jaan,
                              I would definitely add the following crucial and great victories to the list above:

please do not add those CHEATING wins against spain and italy in 2002 world cup. everyone knows this.

Comment

Working...
                              X