Goal-Kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goal-Kicks

Since a player cannot be offside when they receive the ball directly from a goal kick, why are strikers not standing near the oppositions 18-yard box on goal kicks? This would stretch the defense therefore creating more room in the midfield etc. I know players do get high up the pitch but it would seem that getting as far forward would create more space on the field, so that when it's kicked there aren't 5 players contesting to win the ball?
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

cuz the chance of the ball reaching there is not very high and most likey it wont be accurate. So it'll end up a wasted ball or u hand it over to the other team, or the ball wont reach and u'll be way off side for ur team to pass it to u.

on another note, some offside rules need to change, they're really ridiculous with calls like when the player's nose hair is ahead of the defender they should just go by the placement of the foot and not so much which way the players leaning

Comment

I'm sure goalkeepers are more than capable of hitting it to the other penalty box.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

^^^^^^ you are correct in theory.

In real game situation when a long kick is sent all the way from your Goalie......all opponent's defenders merge on it......they won't allow off side ...because there can't be any offside.....so if your goalie keeps sending super shots to your opponents penalty box, they just group all defenders behind your offence and get the ball.

in most cases you waste your long shot...unless you catch them by surprise which is rare.

Comment

yes but what he is saying is imagine having one forward on the right of the oposition box and one to the left. All 4 defenders will be in their own box. the keeper can then hit it to the space created in the middle. If the defenders marked the middle, then the keeper would hit the strikers.

Comment

i'm gonna be completely honest and say i never knew you couldnt be offside from a gk

Comment

Very few keepers have the ability and skill to take such goal kicks; those who like Neurer will have to wish for opponent's defenders to make a mistake for their shot to reach the target striker.

Comment

ya it has to be a mistake or the other team catches on to what ur doing, so u wont get many tries. But i do think the goalies that can kick it that far should take most of their goal kicks like that. Actually our own Mehdi Rahmati can do that but i havent seen him do it in a long time but then again i dont watch IPL or TM. lol

Comment

Working...
                X