Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netherland vs Uruguay- Semi final 20:30 local time 7/6/10

Last match URU 4 vs GHANA 2 (PSO)
    After the drama and tension of their penalty shoot-out victory over Ghana in the quarter-finals, Uruguay are in the last four at the FIFA World Cup for the first time in 40 years. La Celeste fell 3-1 to eventual winners Brazil at Mexico 1970, and went on to finish fourth. The Netherlands, who staged a remarkable second-half comeback to defeat five-time winners Brazil in the last eight, previously fought through to the semis in 1974, 1978 and 1998.

Last match NED 2 Brazil 1

I support Uruguay because of the following:

1, I dont like Dutch players, and they dont like me either.
    2, My issues with Ali Daei.
    3, Dont want an all European Final.
    4, Energiyeh Hasteyee Haghe Mossalameh Masst!
    5, Forlan reminds me of my own youth.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Go Uruguay! Hope they teach these arrogant bastards a lesson!
      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
        Go Uruguay! Hope they teach these arrogant bastards a lesson!
        lol this is funny, you live in the Netherlands and think they're arrogant, I live in Germany and think they're arrogant...
        I hope for a Uruguay-Spain final!

Comment

I have no particular favorites here.....but i lean a little towards Holland as i don't like the way Uruguay beat Ghana and made it to this game.....

I wanted to see a game between Holland and Ghana and Uruguay messed it up

LOL at addas Polo(Vafaseya) for the reasons he supports Uruguay..
          Last edited by leviathan; 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I see a strong thight up Uru makin it hard for the Dutch.but Holland will win 1-0!

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
            CITY

Comment

Originally posted by K.C.I.N. View Post
              lol this is funny, you live in the Netherlands and think they're arrogant, I live in Germany and think they're arrogant...
              I hope for a Uruguay-Spain final!
              Well they are! They always think they're the best and now literally every single one of the Dutch people I've seen, whether on TV or in person, doesn't even consider Urugugay a worthy opponent, and that while it's the semi finals!

The Dutch were only talking about the final after their game against Brazil. No one even mentioned Uruguay, so I hope they underestimate Uruguay and that they surprise them big time!

That being said, a final between Holland and Germany would be great as well, with hopefully Germany winning it.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

this is how i would like it all to end

1. Spain

2. Uruguay

3. Holland

4. Germany

Comment

Arjen Robben
                  The Netherlands aren’t without lineup concerns, with midfielder Nigel DeJong and defender Gregory van der Weil both suspended. DeJong’s absence may not hurt as much against an Uruguay team that won’t have the luxury of being able to throw too much into its attack. Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk is expected to pass on the chance to insert attack-minded Rafael van der Vaart into the lineup, choosing instead to go with Demy De Zeeuw.

The Netherlands did get some good news, with the likely return of veteran defender Joris Mathijsen, who missed the Brazil match after injuring his knee in pregame warmups. Mathijsen and Johnny Heitinga will have their hands full against the in-form Diego Forlan.
                  Last edited by leviathan; 07-06-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                    I support Uruguay because of the following:

1, I dont like Dutch players, and they dont like me either.
                    2, My issues with Ali Daei.
                    3, Dont want an all European Final.
                    4, Energiyeh Hasteyee Haghe Mossalameh Masst!
                    5, Forlan reminds me of my own youth.

i agree, i am very mad at uruguay they stole ghana's spot. but still would rather see them than the dutch in a all eurpean final as Levi mentioned (and as amin said they are too arrogant).

so uruguay win would be fine with me, but hope in the final they lose to spain (which is hard to see how they can beat germany, germany is too strong, scary strong. its getting embarrassing for all these strong teams losing this badly to them...)

.....on a side note; australia loss was ok. i mean after all if argentian loses 4-0, then a 4-0 loss for australia is not bad at all...

so i guess my ideal final would be; spain vs uruguay with spain getting the gold and germany beating holland for the bronze and then hiring "welcome to football ashia's" coach ali daei
                    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 07-06-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Nederlande!
                      A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        this is how i would like it all to end

1. Spain

2. Uruguay

3. Holland

4. Germany
                        Since you are an Italian fan, your prediction is reversed:

1. Germany
                        2. Holland
                        3. Uruguay
                        4. Spain

Comment

I think uruguay will start of strong maybe even get a lead but eventually maybe in extra time Netherlands will win.

Comment

idk why people are mad at uruguay? it wasnt cheating what they did, ghana should've scored that penalty and they didnt

Comment

Uruguay's chances of winning went from 7.00 yesterday to 5.75 today at Bwin,...
                              that's really strange...

Comment

Working...
                              X