Can the Dutch do it this time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Dutch do it this time??

They're in the final after 32 years. Heart breaking finishes for them losing back to back WC finals to the hosts; Germany in 1974 and Argentina in 1978.

This time they won't be facing the host, however they might face Germany (which some say they hope for). The Netherlands are the only bunch who have won all their qualifying matches and all their WC matches, that is 14 perfect matches they have won. They're also undefeated in 24 matches, which is quite extraordinary.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst's goal reminded me of Holland's goal against Italy in 1978, ironically in the sami-final, the last time they made it to the final of this prestigious tournament. A long range shot to the right top corner hitting the post and in. The only difference, Arie Haan scored with his right foot.

Here's the rocket shot by Aree Haan.

Can the Dutch do it this time???? I sure hope so, they deserve it so very much...
    مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

i hope holland wins
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I think the germans are gonna win

Comment

Dirk Kuyt to score in world cup final

Comment

I hate wesley Sneider for being a peace of $%^&*&^
          two lucky goals (his 1st versus brazil and his 2nd deflected shot vs Uruguay) and his celebrations with his stupid face thereafter...
          Hate him!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^ lol same here..

Comment

ya thats bs how they gave sneider the melo own goal :bs:

Comment

Go Holland, i hope they will win their first world Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by footballcrazy10 View Post
                  I think the germans are gonna win
                  khoda az labo lochat beshnave dadash!
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Holland of '74 and '78 played beautiful football but didn't have luck on their side. The Holland of 2010 doesn't play beautiful football but instead, they have all the luck on their side!

Holland is known for it's attacking football, even 2 years ago at Euro '08 they played fantastic football but so far in this cup I haven't seen any of that style. They have only played to get the result. There have been sparks from Robben or Sneijder here and there, but to be honest it has mostly been boring which is a shame because, apart from Brazil, they haven't met any 1st class opponent up to he final itself!!!

So if their extreme luck, specially Sneijder the luck master himself (I mean how many world cup goals can one score through deflections and mish mash?) doesn't run out in the final, unfortunately they're going to win it.

But I really hope the most deserving team, Germany wins it and if they don't get to the final (god forbid) then I hope Spain wins it.
                    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                      khoda az labo lochat beshnave dadash!
                      Are bekhoda! Vali Yashar jan dada, even if our team doesn't win it, they have been the best team, a team to be proud of and the same team will sweep the next 2 competitions (Euro and WC)!
                      HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                      you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Originally posted by purple_haze View Post
                        Holland of '74 and '78 played beautiful football but didn't have luck on their side. The Holland of 2010 doesn't play beautiful football but instead, they have all the luck on their side!

Holland is known for it's attacking football, even 2 years ago at Euro '08 they played fantastic football but so far in this cup I haven't seen any of that style. They have only played to get the result. There have been sparks from Robben or Sneijder here and there, but to be honest it has mostly been boring which is a shame because, apart from Brazil, they haven't met any 1st class opponent up to he final itself!!!

So if their extreme luck, specially Sneijder the luck master himself (I mean how many world cup goals can one score through deflections and mish mash?) doesn't run out in the final, unfortunately they're going to win it.

But I really hope the most deserving team, Germany wins it and if they don't get to the final (god forbid) then I hope Spain wins it.
                        reped. the saddest thing is with van persie robben and sneijder they have probably their best attacking options in a decade or more but have not played with flare.

Comment

I hope not. Holland produces one of the most boring style of soccer. They also don't have the the right keeper and defence to stop either Spain or the mighty GERMANY.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

they're gonna get their ass kicked by either Spain or Germany..
                            A 4-0 defeat to Germany would be sweet..

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                              they're gonna get their ass kicked by either Spain or Germany..
                              A 4-0 defeat to Germany would be sweet..
                              i find it a bit pathetic how someone who lives in holland, roots for another team. just my humble opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X